Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Help me find a very good regional passenger plane w/ a version 3x installer

In FSCaptain I'm married to United and use PMDG NGX & T7 and need something down in size for regional flights.  I'm really enthralled w/ V3 installers so would rather avoid any manual fixes of anything if at all possible.  

Can be in the moderately complex level--no need for massive complexity.  Performance is important, but since the PMDG stuff runs nicely now on 3.2 should not be a big deal.  Jets and turboprops are fine.  I have RASTurbineDuke so looking for something up to about 100 seats tops.

Thanks!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

The Digital Aviation CRJ "appears" to be finally nearing completion and it looks absolutely incredible - that will be my regional jet... The Q400 will be my regional turbo-prop once I get around to buying it - as popular opinion seems to rate it as one of the best planes ever built for FS... I know Majestic is working on a shorter one - the Q300 I believe and I may wait for that instead... The two will probably satisfy all my commercial needs until someone cranks out a new high quality MD-80...

Aerosoft (DA) CRJ Preview

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/33966-Aerosoft-%28DA%29-CRJ-Preview

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Yes, the Majestic is probably the best plane for P3D/FSX, highly recommended. Other options are the upcoming Aerosoft CRJ 700, which is currently in beta testing. You could also try the Qualitywings BaE 146 Series. It doesn't have a P3D 3.x installer, vut it works fine on my system with P3D 3.1. They also have a refund policy, so if you're dissatisfied you can get your money back.

Peter

Ok thanks all I just poked around on the Aerosoft forum and the CRJ sounds exactly like what I'm looking for at this point.  I know the Q400 looks and works well but I'm leaning towards the CRJ so will stand by and see what happens there.  Sounds like they had some interruptions from pirated copy.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Q400 and in the future the suberb AEB146 (and all the RJ variants) when they will fix the issues with p3d v3.

Looks great can't wait!

until someone cranks out a new high quality MD-80...

For what it was, the CoolSky Super MD-80, they managed to be a fair amount of complexity w/ virtually zero performance impact--on a par w/ the default simple props in FSX.  I ran it in P3d 2.3 using EMT to install and there were a couple of niggles but overall quite remarkable w/ how little impact it would have on frame rate.  The sacrificed some on image quality but not a whole lot really--just had to avoid zooming in too close in the VC otherwise it was excellent for flying in and out of very complex scenery.

Noel

Hi Noel,

I loved the Coolsky MD-80 in FS9 and it was my first purchase once I jumped to P3D - unfortunately - I couldn't get it to install properly and run in P3D... I'm on Win10 which I believe may have complicated my issue as well... I posted a bunch on the Coolsky forum - tried EMT -  while Coolsky doesn't support Win10 or P3D - - - they have none of the onerous EULA's that so many other vendors choose to hobble us with - - - so they attempted to help... No joy - I couldn't get it to work so I took advantage of the F1 refund after about 20 days working on it... Espen - the developer - didn't have Win10 or P3D so he couldn't help much... If they ever get around to creating an installer that works with P3D and Win10 - - - I'll certainly repurchase it - as it's one of my favorite planes to fly...

Regards,
Scott 

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I see there are 3 purchase versions of the Q400.  Does the Pilot version capture enough of it to call it good?

Noel

There are only two right now, pilot and pro. The pilot is one of the best planes around, but the pro version has additional features. In particular, it allows you to fly with a shared cockpit, i.e., you as a pilot and another internet user as co-pilot, or vice versa. The system depth has been increased even more as well, and it includes a head up display.

I would recommend the pro version, so that you have the option to fly with someone else. There is even a VA dedicated to shared cockpits. Virtual Pilot Association or similar.

Peter