Sign in to follow this  
npole

ORBX for 3.2

ASN did it (after 3 days) .. REX is coming today (after 4 days) .. but the guys at ORBX? When I asked to have an approx time/date they replied "when it's ready" .. they must have forgot how much they are pricing their products (and I have them all).

Does any insider know how long we should wait? I'm impatient OK, but I have my own reason that surely won't interest the forum... I just wanted to know why they need so much time to update their library... what are they doing exactly?

ASN deleted the link to the beta version for P3Dv3.2, probably because it's not working ok yet. So, for the time being we're waiting for ASN as well.

Edward

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

what are they doing exactly?

They are working on a free update... :hi:

ASN deleted the link to the beta version for P3Dv3.2, probably because it's not working ok yet. So, for the time being we're waiting for ASN as well.

Edward

Odd. Works perfectly fine here although I did read about some having problems with how far they can see (they see too far no matter what settings they use).

ASN is working for me. They might have deleted the link to the beta version because of prepar3d V3.2  hotfix update.

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

They are working on a free update... :hi:

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE??????? Man this is the most expensive addon i purchased for this sim and do you call it FREE? I take it as a sarcastic reply otherwise I would be offended by the comment. :) ...i f* spent hundred euros on this orbx tenth separates addons (every single one priced like pure gold).

Edward

It should be on their forum because it's labeled "beta" ... but so far it's working for me.

Well, I have to concur with you on this, Npole. And, no I am not moaning. I'm just saying that strangely, they have taken long this time. Hey, they know why though; maybe some technical issues. so, let's just wait. As long as they don't charge ($$$$$$) for the installer, I'm fine.

Taking a long time if you call four days a long time due to some change LM made that blind sided some developers but whatever LM did man this time it was worth it as the difference in this version of P3D is day and night from all the others and I am good with that

Rich Sennett

Taking a long time if you call four days a long time due to some change LM made that blind sided some developers but whatever LM did man this time it was worth it as the difference in this version of P3D is day and night from all the others and I am good with that

It's the risk of selling very expensive products, if you decide to make money from a product you should take care of the issues you could encounter to support your customers.

If you aren't capable of doing so (because of LM.. or whatever other reason) then you should reconsider your business model.

That's how the businesses work out there: I run a business as well, if my products stop to work suddenly all my customers will blame at me if i'll tell them: "It will work when it will work..." ... without giving any sort of explanation.

It's the risk of selling very expensive products, if you decide to make money from a product you should take care of the issues you could encounter to support your customers.

If you aren't capable of doing so (because of LM.. or whatever other reason) then you should reconsider your business model.

That's how the businesses work out there: I run a business as well, if my products stop to work suddenly all my customers will blame at me if i'll tell them: "It will work when it will work..." ... without giving any sort of explanation.

Sorry have to disagree - I dont think rex is expensive and they have been updating it for years at no cost - I think we owe them not the other way around

I hear your point but things happen in life to many businesses that cant be foreseen - look at the Boeing 787 battery issue for example 

They are not blaming anyone publicly that I have seen and working very hard to sort it out - a bit of patience is key

Rich Sennett

Sorry have to disagree - I dont think rex is expensive and they have been updating it for years at no cost - I think we owe them not the other way around

I hear your point but things happen in life to many businesses that cant be foreseen - look at the Boeing 787 battery issue for example 

They are not blaming anyone publicly that I have seen and working very hard to sort it out - a bit of patience is key

Btw I was talking about ORBX.. REX isn't cheap tho... but at least they will come up with an update today... however ORBX is hundred euros (depending of what you will purchase).

However patience apart.. closing the threads (they just closed another thread made by other users on their forum) without giving details isn't that smart.. you may label us as impatient kids, but the hell, we paid for it, we are customers, give us some exact info instead of closing the threads with a "it will be ready when it'll be ready".

Btw updater it's finally here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/98755-objectflow-offline-updater/

Btw I was talking about ORBX.. REX isn't cheap tho... but at least they will come up with an update today... however ORBX is hundred euros (depending of what you will purchase).

However patience apart.. closing the threads (they just closed another thread made by other users on their forum) without giving details isn't that smart.. you may label us as impatient kids, but the hell, we paid for it, we are customers, give us some exact info instead of closing the threads with a "it will be ready when it'll be ready".

Btw updater it's finally here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/98755-objectflow-offline-updater/

Sorry thought you were talking about REX - objectflow has been updated see topic here

http://www.avsim.com/topic/485001-objectflow-updated-for-p3dv32/#entry3387446

Rich Sennett

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE??????? Man this is the most expensive addon i purchased for this sim and do you call it FREE? I take it as a sarcastic reply otherwise I would be offended by the comment. :) ...i f* spent hundred euros on this orbx tenth separates addons (every single one priced like pure gold).

It should be on their forum because it's labeled "beta" ... but so far it's working for me.

Well it's an update... and it's free... so yes...

But re-reading your writing style, wondering if you're 12...

• Upvote 2

give us some exact info instead of closing the threads with a "it will be ready when it'll be ready".

Ed posted on Tuesday AEST about the process involved, do you think its a 5 minute fix, and if you whine about how long it takes because your a paying customer of course they will close down the threads, these are Free updates, they are not obligated to provide you with any Free patches for P3d, John Venema has kindly provided regular ongoing support for P3d and FSXS, which cost`s him $,

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/111956-p3dv3-updates-and-objectflow/

• Upvote 1

tpewpb-6.png

they are not obligated to provide you with any Free patches for P3d

Yes they are, I purchased it with/for P3D v3 support, this is v3.2 not a major version update. Don'tr try to defend poor support with poor excuses. However the new lib, after 4 days, is out and that's the only point that interest to me.. I don't care about anything else, neither others opinions.

Yes they are, I purchased it with/for P3D v3 support, this is v3.2 not a major version update. Don'tr try to defend poor support with poor excuses. However the new lib, after 4 days, is out and that's the only point that interest to me.. I don't care about anything else, neither others opinions.

If you don't care about others' opinions, then just write to orbx support and don't waste our time posting here...