Sign in to follow this  
npole

ORBX for 3.2

Yes they are, I purchased it with/for P3D v3 support, this is v3.2 not a major version update. Don'tr try to defend poor support with poor excuses. However the new lib, after 4 days, is out and that's the only point that interest to me.. I don't care about anything else, neither others opinions.

You must think writing programs is a breeze.  A lot of these programs work by "hooking" into the programs.  It's not just a matter of updating the variables...it's actually hacking the .exe

Finding the hooks in the new build takes time..it doesn't take five minutes.  It can take days to find the hook in the new exe.  And it doesn't mean that hook will work the same.  It may have to be tweaked, or altered in ways that take a day or more to reprogram.

These programs cost a lot because they are very time consuming.  You moan that your money is precious...well, the time these guys put in is precious too.  THAT is what you are paying for....their time away from their spouses, their kids, their hobby.  They are not obligated to update it.  That's the chance you take when you buy a program.  There are many programs out there that have never seen an update past initial release. 

Take a step back and count yourself fortunate that these guys still work for your benefit.  This isn't the only thread you have made your demands in, I've seen you in REX and Hifi with ths same tone) and it does not come off well.  And I agree with Carlos, you sound like a spoiled teenager.  This community is very helpful and an ounce of nice goes a long way.

• Upvote 3

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

If you don't care about others' opinions, then just write to orbx support and don't waste our time posting here...

No, people should know how's the support out there, however thanks for your suggestion.

You must think writing programs is a breeze.  A lot of these programs work by "hooking" into the programs.  It's not just a matter of updating the variables...it's actually hacking the .exe

Finding the hooks in the new build takes time..it doesn't take five minutes.  It can take days to find the hook in the new exe.  And it doesn't mean that hook will work the same.  It may have to be tweaked, or altered in ways that take a day or more to reprogram.

These programs cost a lot because they are very time consuming.  You moan that your money is precious...well, the time these guys put in is precious too.  THAT is what you are paying for....their time away from their spouses, their kids, their hobby.  They are not obligated to update it.  That's the chance you take when you buy a program.  There are many programs out there that have never seen an update past initial release. 

Take a step back and count yourself fortunate that these guys still work for your benefit.  This isn't the only thread you have made your demands in, I've seen you in REX and Hifi with ths same tone) and it does not come off well.  And I agree with Carlos, you sound like a spoiled teenager.  This community is very helpful and an ounce of nice goes a long way.

1) They should talk to LM and prepare their stuff the same day a game update is released;

2) If they have to "find" hooks like a "hacker" then they are doing it wrong, this is not freeware;

3) Related to the point 2) They are doing this for profit not to please me;

4) Thanks for your opinion.

1) They should talk to LM and prepare their stuff the same day a game update is released;

2) If they have to "find" hooks like a "hacker" then they are doing it wrong, this is not freeware;

3) Related to the point 2) They are doing this for profit not to please me;

4) Thanks for your opinion.

1. Wow...if you can get LM, who is in the military defense business, to talk to all these guys, then my hat off to to you.  You seem to know a lot more than I.

2. As for "hooking", again, if you could talk to LM and ask them to build an SDK that allows all these parameters to be altered (since you think they have lots of time to spend on that too), then I'll pay you!  Without an SDK that allows controls of these variable, hooking is the only way it can be done.  And you'll never find freeware hooking into programs...it takes a lot of time and effort to do this.

3.  Right...but they could abandon it if they wanted too.  If they never updated it again, what would you do?  Exactly.  Nothing.  There is no obligation past the initial release.  Everything else is gravy.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Wait.. you're doing a business with modding and don't you contact the developer which is working at the product you're releasing the mods for?

When you run a business you're taking risks... isn't fair to load all those risks to the customer, because you're asking money for it.

Sure they can abandon it.. and refund me... someone else with a better business model will take their place, it's how the commerce work.

Again, they did what they had to do, so I have no reason to continue to blame at em.... now it's REX turn. :)

Yes they are, I purchased it with/for P3D v3 support, this is v3.2 not a major version update. Don'tr try to defend poor support with poor excuses. However the new lib, after 4 days, is out and that's the only point that interest to me.. I don't care about anything else, neither others opinions.

Ridiculous

If you don't care about others' opinions, then just write to orbx support and don't waste our time posting here...

Better Yet, Npole get one on one with JV on their forums, and let us know how it goes.

• Upvote 1

Better Yet, Npole get one on one with JV on their forums, and let us know how it goes.

lol!  Now that's funny!  :)

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Ridiculous

I dunno who's JV.. there's a good bunch of people on ORBX forums writing exactly what I wrote above, the mods were desperately closing the threads.. and finally they understand that it was time to release the updated library.. so mission accomplished, and that's what I wanted. ;)

No, people should know how's the support out there, however thanks for your suggestion.

Most here do know how Orbx support is.  It's not perfect (and lord knows JV can be a prickly fella), but it is still near the top of the heap when it comes to sim products, but thank you for your concern for making sure we stay informed. 

The quality and longevity of support is one of the biggest reasons I committed to the Orbx world long ago.  Products I bought YEARS ago from Orbx for FSX are now supported in FSX SE and all P3D versions at NO ADDITIONAL COST - sim versions that in many cases weren't even DREAMED of at the time of my original purchase.  This developer is one of the true good guys when it comes to on-going support.  To complain, as you have, that it took an agonizing (italics added to indicate extreme sarcasm for the sarcasm impaired) 4 days to update for the new version of P3D for their entire range of products is beyond absurd.

You had to wait 4 Days?  I sometimes wonder why anyone would want to develop products for the sim community and put up with this kind of entitled complaining.

Scott

You had to wait 4 Days?  I sometimes wonder why anyone would want to develop products for the sim community and put up with this kind of entitled complaining.

Money.

Sure they can abandon it.. and refund me... someone else with a better business model will take their place, it's how the commerce work.

I'm putting into Microsoft for a refund on FSX...they never finished it and abandoned it.  It's how commerce works, right.  I'll let you know how that goes...

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

I dunno who's JV..

JV is  ORBX CEO, I'm surprised you didn't know that!

there's a good bunch of people on ORBX forums writing exactly what I wrote above, the mods were desperately closing the threads.. and finally they understand that it was time to release the updated library.. so mission accomplished, and that's what I wanted. ;)

(Emphasis mine)

Your definition of exactly is not exactly the same most of us have.

and finally they understand that it was time to release the updated library.. so mission accomplished, and that's what I wanted. ;)

Ah yes... without your complaining I'm sure nothing would've happened. Never mind their track record. Good thing you were on the job!

Scott

I'm putting into Microsoft for a refund on FSX...they never finished it and abandoned it.  It's how commerce works, right.  I'll let you know how that goes...

Sad for you... luckily I'm still on 60 days paypal dispute.. :)

Ah yes... without your complaining I'm sure nothing would've happened. Never mind their track record. Good thing you were on the job!

Scott

I'm only interested in the result.. nor the reasons behind it. ;)

....and why we're still discussing it? They did their job for what I've paid for. So the case can be closed.

Heads-up

Npole, I'm afraid if you keep this trend, you won't last too long on this forum. Though it's perfectly fine to express your opinions, this forum is very well known for having little tolerance. Take this as a warning.

No complain here. Just updated objectflow and everything is back to normal.