Sign in to follow this  
Mithras

Parking Brake Sound

Hi,

I'm trying to add a parking sound to an Alabeo aircraft, but cannot see any location or wav file for any parking brake effect, either in FSX/Sounds or in any add-on aircraft, even though I know that an aircraft, like the Flight 1 BN-2 Islander has its own distinctive brake sound. 

Where might this sound be found??  I can't see it listed in any of my plane's sound.cfg files, either. 

Odd, what would a parking brake sound sound like?  A ratcheting sound like pulling the parking brake handle

in a car?

Try this from the Library cockpitsounds_v2.zip

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thanks! I have a couple of sounds, the BN-2 has a nice ratchet sound, I think the A2A Cherokee has a sound, too. And I did find the cockpitsound file, too, thanks! I just don't know where to stick it! I can't find an aircraft with the parking brake in its sound.cfg.

It doesn't go into a sound.cfg.  The sound folder goes into the Gauges folder, you have to make sure you have the

proper sound gauge in there too, and then the proper wording goes into your panel.cfg under [VCockpit].

I would bet, if you didn't want the other key-click sounds offered in that download, you could probably delete all of

the .wav files except for the parking brake .wav.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thanks again charliearon, it took some fiddling with, and I like alot of the switch sounds too, but it works well. I'm waiting for a Parking Brake unit for my cockpit build and wanted to match it to a sound, rather than have it be silent.