Sign in to follow this  
Guest Erick_Cantu

A318 COST in 2015?

Guest glassb

The current price for the Airbus A318 is $36 MILLION. I know some of you may say that its hard to know, but if you were to guess based on your current knowledge, how much do you think the A318 will be priced in the year 2015?Rgds,Brandon Glass

Guest MidnightMike

Probably much lower, considering there will be a replacement aircraft by the year 2015.

Guest glassb

Well for one, Boeing still sits in the dark ages with those awful, space gouging flight yokes where as Airbus uses the technically advanced joysticks to the side that also gives pilots more productive workspace. Boeing uses all those hydraulics cables running throughout the aircraft where as Airbus uses electrical signals (fly-by-wire) giving all of its aircraft less weight. Boeing is a GREAT company but I'm more fond of Airbus. Boeing needs to adjust more to the 21st century if you ask me.Rgds,Brandon Glass

Guest glassb

What replacement would this be?Rgds,Brandon Glass

Guest ba747heavy

Please, no A v B debates. Never a good thing.

I think you need to educate yourself what fly-by-wire is and what it is not. Certainly both Boeing & Airbus have hydraulics - in the similar "quantity". But my question is what so interesting about the cost of Airbus A318 in 2015 because this is what you were asking. But if your hidden agenda is to stir up Boeing-Airbus debate then I am not going to take this bait. Take this to some public forum.Michael J.WinXP-Home,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8, Radeon X800 Pro,WD 36GB Raptor,1 GB PC3200 http://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-higher.jpg

Guest glassb

No debate here but remember, it was YOU that asked what was so interesting about it aside from my question. My question on what the prices of an aircraft will be in the future have nothing to do with wheather or not it is or isn't interesting. But again, no debate here.ta,Brandon Glass

Guest oyvindhansen

You still haven't explained what the the cost of A318 in 2015 has to do with with the current FBW system.-

Guest glassb

Im sure its back in my head somewhere but what do you mean, the FBW System and whats its purpose? And it doesn't matter what the cost of the A318 in 2015 HAS TO DO with but simply the answer. How hard is it to answer a simple little question w/ out making something into it? If someone has an answer to the question, post a message, if you don't, theres no reason to say anything els but relative to the topic.I'm not trying to pick anything at anyone but this is just ridiculous.Rgds,Brandon Glass

Guest oyvindhansen

>And it doesn't matter>what the cost of the A318 in 2015 HAS TO DO with but simply>the answer.You brought the subject up yourself by your off-topic "answer" to michal's question. And no one can answer your original question, economics are unpredictable, that's why it is so difficult to get rich.-

>Well for one, Boeing still sits in the dark ages with those>awful, space gouging flight yokes where as Airbus uses the>technically advanced joysticks to the side that also gives>pilots more productive workspace. Boeing uses all those>hydraulics cables running throughout the aircraft where as>Airbus uses electrical signals (fly-by-wire) giving all of its>aircraft less weight. Boeing is a GREAT company but I'm more>fond of Airbus. Boeing needs to adjust more to the 21st>century if you ask me.>>Rgds,>>Brandon Glass Brandon,Without taking your bait on the AvsB aganda, you should educate yourself on aircraft systems before making mindless comments. All Airbuses currently flying use the same principals to supply the needed hydraulics to the flight controls as do the Boeings. Fly By Wire has nothing to do with the hydraulics and everything to do with the pilot/control interface.JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

The better question would be, "will anyone still be flying such an overweight 'small' airliner in 2015?" :-lol

BobK