Sign in to follow this  
JNS

Loading 737-200 causes crash to desktop in P3Dv3.1

Hi.  Every time I try to load the 737-200 into P3Dv3.1 (either as a new scenario or changing aircraft in an existing scenario) it crashes the sim to the desktop. I did get the 737 to load one time, but it was not functioning correctly.  I then loaded the SimConnect files from P3D.  I did get one 737 to load once after installing the SimConnect files, but after that it crashes every time.   I'm on Windows 7.  All other aircraft (default and 3rd-party) seem to be OK.   Please advise what is causing this and what I can do.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

Get on the support forums.

Read the signature below or, page one of the manual

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Thanks.  I'm already on the Milviz Support Forums.  Just trying to get help whereever it shows up.

Jeff

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

Hi.  Every time I try to load the 737-200 into P3Dv3.1 (either as a new scenario or changing aircraft in an existing scenario) it crashes the sim to the desktop. I did get the 737 to load one time, but it was not functioning correctly.  I then loaded the SimConnect files from P3D.  I did get one 737 to load once after installing the SimConnect files, but after that it crashes every time.   I'm on Windows 7.  All other aircraft (default and 3rd-party) seem to be OK.   Please advise what is causing this and what I can do.

Same with me Jeff, the initial install and run went well for me, but subsequently running the 737 causes P3D to immediately shut down - Will register for support - always nice to know it's not just me, makes a solution more likely!

Eugene

The answer is in a thread in the Milviz Support Forum for the 737-200. It's near the top by Captainatr and is about 732 or 737 crashes. On page 3, I think, of that thread. It's a download from Milviz and goes in the MilvizData folder. It's a .dll file I believe. At work now and can't remember name. Something like "Uns.dll". If you leave out the FMS choices in the setup it also takes care of the problem, but the extra file allows you to use the FMS. I'll be available at about 3pm central time.

Jeff Smith

If you leave out the FMS choices in the setup it also takes care of the problem

Thanks for that - a useful workaround, Kat's in the process of registering me for support, so I'll be able to download the dll later on.

Eugene

Eugene, the file is called" Uns.Data.dll". The name of the thread is "P3DV3 crashes when selecting Milviz 732" started by Captainatr.  Right now it is the 7th thread down in the "Topics" section of the 737-200 Support Forum.  It's the 5th post on the 3rd page and is by JonathanBleeker.  There is a Dropbox link in his post which will take you to the file.

Worked for me and several others on there.

Jeff

Jeff Smith

MILVIZ 737  SHOWS UP IN LIST OF AIRCRAFT  BUT WHEN YOU CLICK ON PLANE  YOU GET A SHELETON OF A PLANE   BITS AND PIECES THEN CRASHES AND SHUTS DOWN FXS

We're going to have to remove support for the UNS FMS in P3D as we cannot make it work.

Sorry.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.