Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Can You Amend These Next Change?

Bryan

In the Button Version I have noticed that the FO still asks 'Are you sure', when I, as the PF, have already switched off the APU, etc in the After Start Checklist.

Additionally, in the After Landing Checklist, anyway you can make the FO switch off the landing lights, strobe lights, and taxi lights nearing the gate, as you have done in the NGX737?

Thanks.

Hi Rick,

Are you sure the APU and External Power are in fact off?  Some of the buttons can be hard to read in the VC.

Lights:  I'll consider it as an option.  But for the Dash 8 we modeled the procedures as close to the actual airline as possible.

Cheers,

Please let the co switch the lights after landig!

Hi Rick,

Are you sure the APU and External Power are in fact off?  Some of the buttons can be hard to read in the VC.

Lights:  I'll consider it as an option.  But for the Dash 8 we modeled the procedures as close to the actual airline as possible.

Cheers,

Yes, Bryan, I  also double check the tool-tips that come up for each button, actually show, 'OFF'. And I switch off the APU not long after Engine #1 is fired up and running, so as to allow the lag factor before firing Engine #2 and then calling for the After Start Checks.

Yes, Bryan, I  also double check the tool-tips that come up for each button, actually show, 'OFF'. And I switch off the APU not long after Engine #1 is fired up and running, so as to allow the lag factor before firing Engine #2 and then calling for the After Start Checks.

Looking at the code, this is what trigger the "are you sure response".

DC External Power on or AC external Power on or APU Bleed switch is On.

Triple check your switch positions, especially the APU bleed switch.

Bryan

The APU bleed has to go off prior to engine start. If I had left it on, prior to Engine Start checks, the FO would query that if I had left it on. So, I do turn the APU bleed off.

This time I will make sure there is a few seconds gap after turning the APU gen off, then engaging the FO.

You were correct, Bryan, I was indeed referring to the After Start Checklist.

In the Engine Start Checklist--Below The Line, the APU Bleed has to go off, so that is precisely what I do. Then, after I have got Engine #2 started either at the gate by the PF or during push-back by the FO, I switch off the APU Gen. Now, we proceed to the Engine #1 start procedure. Thereafter, the After Start Checklist is called for. When the FO says 'Ext Pwr/APU', and I press Main Button A, he inevitably says, 'Are you sure.......?'.

Now, I will fully accept that I may not be allowing for a time-lag between switching the APU Gen off and calling for that After Start Checklist, hence next flight I make, I will try and allow a time lag.

As mentioned, the trigger for "are you sure" is:

DC External Power on; or

AC external Power on; or

APU Bleed switch is On.

Quadruple check that you're not hitting the trigger.  The APU bleed button can be easy to miss.

And also ensure you're not getting the "Fail" message.

I can't reproduce this.

Thanks, Bryan. I will re-check when I next fly it.