Sign in to follow this  
Clutch Cargo

Saiteck Switch panel only works off one USB port?

Wanted to connect my Switch Panel to a different USB port but I always get the "devise is not recognized" error.  Doesn't matter if I connect directly to the PC or to a different powered USB hub.  Tried re-booting.  Reloaded some drivers.  Nothin'.  Connect back to original location, reboot... all works fine!  What gives?

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I would assume you are talking about your motherboard drivers right - because thats what you should be looking at

Rich Sennett

Saitek panels often require more power than other USB devices. Beyond having base (motherboard) USB driver issues, you may have a power or wiring problem associated with one of the USB hubs (most motherboards have several - often 3 motherboard hubs in my experience) and each HUB usually has a discrete power input.  It may be what I just described, or something related/similar.

Don't forget to try reloading or updating your motherboard USB drivers if you haven 't already. It also wouldn't hurt to verify your BIOS settings.

Hope something above proves helpful.

Best wishes.

Almost forgot... when you try switching USB Ports, be sure to keep the Saitek panel connected directly to a Motherboard USB port or a USB Hub that has it's own power supply.

Again, best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Hello

We use several USB security devices and have seen that problem many times,

There are several causes, could be a power problem or most commonly a corrupted USB Controller install,

Try this: Fix It from Microsoft

If that fails: GoTo Device Manager -> Universal Serial Bus Controllers

Under Advanced Options you can try and reset all Root Hubs.

Lastly, if that does not work either, PM me for a more drastic pretty sure works solution,

uninstalling most USB Controllers.

(Not posted here to prevent someone messing up their system)

Cheers.

Edit: I See Dave also mentioned power problems while I was posting.

• Upvote 1