Sign in to follow this  
JeffEvans

Compatibility with Vista

On March 9 I purchased Prepar3D v3 Academic License however was unable to install it because of a missing Windows Installation file. I have since been told that v3 is not compatible with my operating system, Vista Ultimate 64bit. I was also told that v1 IS compatible. How can I download v1 without having to pay for an additional license.

My system:

Vista Ultimate w/sp 2, AMD Phenom II X4 970, 3.5 GHz

8 GB Ram, 64 bit os, FSX, GSX, RC, REX Tex Dir & Soft clouds,

ASNext, PMDG 737/47/777, A2A Cherokee 180/Comanche 250,

Carenado PC-12 and more.

You get a refund for v3 and then purchase v1.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

If you have to settle for V1, you are better off getting your refund for V3 and go for FSX-SE, which has similar VAS management improvements like in P3D V3.x. In fact it had them first.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

If You log into Your Lockheed account, where You Originally downloaded You're Version 3.1, You should find that You have Additional downloads Available for v3.1, So get Your refund and Download Your already Paid for V3.1, I believe You get 3 Downloads total, and additional on request! And when You do Download it again, copy it to a SAFE Place, along with any Info You need to recover it and reinstall it! Like a thumb Drive or Dvd Rom.!! - Johnman B)

If You log into Your Lockheed account, where You Originally downloaded You're Version 3.1, You should find that You have Additional downloads Available for v3.1, So get Your refund and Download Your already Paid for V3.1, I believe You get 3 Downloads total, and additional on request! And when You do Download it again, copy it to a SAFE Place, along with any Info You need to recover it and reinstall it! Like a thumb Drive or Dvd Rom.!! - Johnman B)

That's not his problem. He bought V3.x which all 3 V3.0, 3.1, and 3.2, are not compatilbe with his Vista 64bit system. The only version of P3D that he said is compatible with a system like that is V1.x. (Which I just read the system requirements it also says only Windows 7 is supported). So that won't work either. So that means the newest version of FS available to him would be FSX-SE.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

OOOOPS, Sorry, read the Post Wrong. However Let Me say this, I am Running Version 1.4, on Win 7 64bit and Love it, tried the Upgrade to 2.5 and found that altho it ran very well, I was not able to really take advantage of all the Shader and Rendering Upgrades with My system. V1.4 However Runs Like FSX on Steroids, especially with Ground Environment X !, and I get the Upgraded SDK for 3DSMAX ! - Johnman B)

I read the specs wrong for V1.4 It will take minimum Vista 32bit, so his 64bit Vista should work, V2.x and v3.x Win7 is minimum.. I still would suggest FSX-SE for it's VAS management improvements, which will not be in P3D V1.4.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Windows Vista? Do you realize that this is the worst operating system in the history of mankind? Did you also know that Microsoft dropped support for vista in 2012? That's four years ago. If you manage to run anything else than a calculator, you should be happy. Sorry but there is no nice way to say it.

Windows Vista? Do you realize that this is the worst operating system in the history of mankind? Did you also know that Microsoft dropped support for vista in 2012? That's four years ago. If you manage to run anything else than a calculator, you should be happy. Sorry but there is no nice way to say it.

Methinks that you never experienced Windows ME. :-)

Ernest Pergrem

Wrong Vista SP2 is supported until 2017, only RTM and SP1 as well as Win XP support has ended. I'm running Vista as well (32bit) , because I'm not currently in a position I can upgrade (As much as I would like to). That said Vista SP2  is not that bad so long as you run with UAC off, or make sure all your apps are installed outside of the Program Files folder. I have no CTD issues with FSX as well as FSXSE. In fact I run FSXSE with 2048 textures, extremely dense scenery and very dense Autogen and 100% WOAI traffic, with acceptable but not great frames (about 15-20FPS with DX10 + Fixer on a 3Ghz C2D) and I usually end up my flights with 500+MB VAS available with the NGX or T7 (I start out usually with about 1GB available). Bare in mind with  the 3GB VAS limit with 32bit that's actually an usage of only 2.5GB.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!