Sign in to follow this  
tjrush

Anyone Using the G1000

Does anybody use the G1000 with navigraph??  if so,

Can you enter a flight plan?

Can you save the plan?

Can you select an arrival and have it enter the plan in proper sequence?

Can you enter an airway? If so, What is the code for the USA?

I have no problem with the Flight 1 G1000.  I can't get any of the above to work with the Carenado.

Tom

To answer some of your questions

1. Yes, I do

2. Yes but it can be a P I A

3. No

4. Yes with the proc button but you need to do it just before entering the procedure or just put it in manually, which I found work well

5. Never did that

but

I used the video's from FSMaNIA

https://www.youtube.com/user/FSMaNiA056/videos

to figure out how to use G1000 and fly the 100 & 300

He has answers to most of your questions

I recently updated to Arinc 1603

but still have it hang up or place way-points out of order, UGH

I really love flying the plane but I may do like a lot of pilots have done and mod it with the GTN750

Good luck

Ron

4. Yes with the proc button but you need to do it just before entering the procedure or just put it in manually, which I found work well

Are you saying that I can't enter the arrival when creating the flight plan, it must be entered in flight as you approach the first waypoint of the star??

Tom

Actually I meant the approach vs the arrival needs to be put in just prior landing otherwise it takes over early

For the arrival, I've manually put in the destination then used the Proc to insert the arrival way points prior to the destination.

When done the other way, the destination airport seems to go in the FP prior to the arrival way-points and I've had to reinsert them manually

Just did that today with a flight on Vatsim from RNO-SNA. I also had my GPS go off when I deselected VNAV, ?!?!?!?!?

Every time I fly the Phenom I learn something and usually at the wrong time :-(

But I really love to fly the aircraft

Have fun

Ron

Pages 24-27 of the G-1000 Phenom 300 Manual shows you how to enter a flight plan.  It works as I have developed a flight plan several times as the Phenom 300 is one of my favorite aircraft.  So, I'm a little confused with your questions.  I know Flight 1 has a better system as it has been so stated many times in this forum.  Many of the actions for entering the flight plan cannot be done all of the time (just some of the time) using the G1000.  I use the GCU477 which seems to work better for some functions.  For instance, sometimes I cannot get the Proc to change the SID or STAR or the Runway but it seems to work in the GCU477.  It would be nice if Carenado made sure entering the information, as stated in their manual, worked 100% of the time but they are not updating it immediately so I will live with it until an update is released.  This is my first experiences with the G1000 and it has been a pleasure learning the various functions.  As stated above, FSMaNiA has great tutorials with this aircraft and the Phenom 100 and I learned a lot from him too. 

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I totally concur with Jim, with out the help from the manual, using the GCU477 for entries and watching all of FsMaNiA videos, I would have been lost in this nice aircraft. I still have problems with the VNav working correctly but I'm not sure if it's me or the software.

I live and used to work at the Melbourne, Florida airport so that is why I wanted to fly the 100 and 300 because of seeing them come in and out of the Embraer facility

I too would love to see an update from Carenardo but wont hold my breathe.

thanks

Ron

Does anybody use the G1000 with navigraph??  if so,

Can you enter a flight plan?

Can you save the plan?

Can you select an arrival and have it enter the plan in proper sequence?

Can you enter an airway? If so, What is the code for the USA?

I have no problem with the Flight 1 G1000.  I can't get any of the above to work with the Carenado.

May I suggest you read the Carenado Navigraph G1000 Manual if you haven't already done so.  (BTW this isn't the same manual that Jim Young suggested above.)  It will answer question 2 and 4.  The short answer is Yes and Yes.  Take note that you have to enter your departure and arrival airports on the Procedures page before entering your flight plan.  Yes you can enter airway routing.  If the Carenado Phenom 300 is asking you for a country code for airway routing then you're doing something wrong.  (United States country code is US by the way)

Now to learn how to enter airway routing you might want to download the actual Garmin Embraer Prodigy Flight Deck 300 Pilot's Guide from here.  You'll find the info on entering airways on page 246.  And yes the Carenado Phemon 300 works as stated in the actual pilot's guide.

Todd

Hello, I use AivlaSoft EFB electronic flight bag. It lets you create a flight plan and automatically imports it in your garmin G1000.

You can even edit your flight plan and save it for future flights. They will even let you test drive it for 30 days. Try it out I recommend it.

I have been using It on VATSIM witn my Carenado Embraer Phenom 300 and TBM850 aircraft. Check it out here is the website. Enjoy. Cheers.

http://www.aivlasoft.com/

Are you saying that the AivlaSoft EFB will export flight plans to the Carenado Phenom 300 or just export FSX/P3D default flight plans?  I'm not aware of the Phenom 300 being able to import flight plans.  Please explain further.

Todd