Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Installing Button Control

When installing button -voice control update for Q400, must the voice control version be uninstalled first, or can I just install the dual version over the voice version? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Bob

The newly-updated package is similar to the NGX7373 Version. It is a combined Config Manager, meaning, it does Voice & Button. You then set up the Button Version as all previous Button Versions.'

Bob

The newly-updated package is similar to the NGX7373 Version. It is a combined Config Manager, meaning, it does Voice & Button. You then set up the Button Version as all previous Button Versions.'

My question is, if you have the voice version already installed, to you have to uninstall it or can you just  run the voice-button installer.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

The new package is combined and overwrites the previously only-available Voice Control.

• Upvote 1

Bryan,

A similar question but in FS2004.  I have the Ifly 737 and works well.  I have recently reinstall fs2004 completely (9.1 update) and then all my Aircraft.  I then installed FS2crew and when I went into the Ifly configurator I clicked on Voice AND Button contro and both indicated FS2crew was not installed.  I then uninstalled and reinstalled both versions into the D/FS2004 folder and came up with the same result.

Any ideas plese

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Bryan,

A similar question but in FS2004.  I have the Ifly 737 and works well.  I have recently reinstall fs2004 completely (9.1 update) and then all my Aircraft.  I then installed FS2crew and when I went into the Ifly configurator I clicked on Voice AND Button contro and both indicated FS2crew was not installed.  I then uninstalled and reinstalled both versions into the D/FS2004 folder and came up with the same result.

Any ideas plese

Tony Chilcott

FS2Crew iFly is older technology.

In FS2Crew for the iFly, Voice and Button are separate.  You can only have one going at a time.

It's only in the newer versions of FS2Crew that Voice and Button control are combined into a single panel.  "Reboot 737 NGX" in one such example.

Bryan

Thank you mate, will do another (yet another) uninstall and just do the buton version for the time beng.

Very much appreciated response

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

will do another (yet another) uninstall and just do the buton version for the time beng.

In the iFly, you don't need to uninstall.

If you want to use Button Control, you just select Button on the Config Manager.

If you want to use Voice Control, you just select Voice on the Config Manager.

You can flip flop back and forth.

Bryan,

Thanks again for your reponse.

I noticed in the Read Me doc that I can actually install both Voice and Button Versions, and simply click on which version I want to use.  However, I have issues with using a mike and headphones, (cannot afford em LOL) so at this time I only want to use the Button verson.  So this is not a problem.

Again, I uninstalled, using IOBit uninstaller and complied with the advice supplied with the "sorry to see you go" screen.   

I noted however, that, after the uninstall, I did NOT have a FS2Crew 2010 folder in FS9.

I then reinstalled again, (only the button version) into my D/FS2004 drive. I  went into the IFly Config tool checked FS2Crew enable "button" and still got the FS2Crew not installed message.

Back into FS2004 and NO FS2Crew 2010 folder.

Another uninstall using the windows Control Panel uninstall and then re installed into the default C drive.  All the above was repeated ... still not installed, ... still no FS2Crew 2010 folder.

I am at a complete loss but for no particular reason either based on clues or logic, I am beginning to suspect a Windows10 registry problem. A further problem (and I feel it may be related, is that I have VOZ1.8 complete (Australian scenery) installed and suddenly it cannot find the FS9 directory either.

I am hoping desperately that a complete reinstall is not going to be required, but....

Any further help or ideas would be appreciated, of course.

Regards

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

Hi Tony,

Can you please send me a Support Ticket via: www.fs2crew.com

We're going to confuse my poor Dash 8 users because this is the Dash 8 forum, not the iFly forum  :wink:

In the meantime, ensure the FS2Crew installer auto-detects the correction location of Flight Simulator.  Do not try installing to any other location.

If the installer does not auto detect the correct location of Flight Simulator for you, run the free flight1 registry repair tool, found here:

http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

Thanks Bryan,

I am very sorry for the confusion as I just picked up the thread from the latest list on the right hand side.  Unfortunately there is no indication which forum it is in.  I apologise to all the other users for apparently hijacking this thread. It was never my intention.

regards to all

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.