Sign in to follow this  
rondon9898

Is this texture normal or a fault?

Hi chaps,

I just wanted to know whether I am deceiving myself here or whether there is actually a fault, as the texture in my 737 at the moment located above the clock and below the Master Caution seems incongruous with the rest of the panel, and I could have sworn that it was never like this before (I've had the NGX virtually since it came out :P ). I do use DX10, so maybe there's a problem there, but I just wanted to know if it is supposed to look like this and has always been like it or whether there's a problem, because if there is, obviously I'd like to try and rectify it. I've been googling pictures of the NGX and videos of other people's sims but I just cannot tell.

2016-3-11_8-23-59-848.png

2016-3-11_8-24-45-172.png

That's interesting, John, you're right it doesn't look right.

Have you updated video card drivers lately?  After I did an update, my NGX interior started looking like a wall pasted full of textures used by the scenery for surface markings.

Try running the NGX installer and selecting REPAIR, which will update the virtual cockpit textures. Not sure that works but it certainly doesn't hurt to try.

Dan Downs KCRP

Actually, it looks normal.

Just booted up mine to see.

clock_zpsxupehun2.jpg

John Anderson

Windows 10, FSX:SE

I5 4690k

GA-Z97M-DS3H

EVGA GTX 950, 2GB

Even with DX10 turned off it looks the same. Good idea with the repair too Dan, gave it a go but no change. It must be normal. It just seems very incongruous - looks like there's a texture missing. It wouldn't have anything to do with SLI would it? I don't know what that is but I've turned it off because it makes the writing in the FMS and screens become jagged.

Even with DX10 turned off it looks the same.

We don't support DX10, so either way...

It wouldn't have anything to do with SLI would it?

Nope. If you had SLI, you'd know it...do you have dual video cards?

I don't know what that is but I've turned it off because it makes the writing in the FMS and screens become jagged.

Sounds like something is also messing with your graphics settings.

Kyle Rodgers

I have the same texture, single GPU, and no text on the FMS screens or any screens becoming jagged. Never noticed that black patch before. Just thought it was normal as it is not in dir3ect light, being on the underside, so expected some shading.

I do use DX10, so maybe there's a problem

Havnt  noticed  your issues  at all   and iam  using  DX10    but  than I got  steves  DX10  fixer ,  so wondering  if  you  have  it  as well

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

John that's interesting that we've got that and Peter hasn't. The shimmering writing isn't an issue if I turn SLI off in NVidia Inspector, so that's not a problem I'm worried about. It's this weird texture that looks like it's missing. It's interesting that Peter is running DX10 like me, and doesn't have this little texture thing. And by the way Peter, I do have the DX10 fixer I didn't know you could use DX10 without it.

I've never thought about it until your post. Never even paid attention, honestly.

Maybe a screen shot of above else's?

John Anderson

Windows 10, FSX:SE

I5 4690k

GA-Z97M-DS3H

EVGA GTX 950, 2GB

John that's interesting that we've got that and Peter hasn't. The shimmering writing isn't an issue if I turn SLI off in NVidia Inspector, so that's not a problem I'm worried about. It's this weird texture that looks like it's missing. It's interesting that Peter is running DX10 like me, and doesn't have this little texture thing. And by the way Peter, I do have the DX10 fixer I didn't know you could use DX10 without it.

Forgot  to add   that iam using  fsx  so maybe  that's the issue  with p3dv3.2?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

hat's the issue with p3dv3.2?

Not it's not. It's also evident in FSX-SE.

You're confusing me now chaps :D Is it supposed to look like this or is it an error of some kind? Having looked at some of Froogle's videos in the 737, his looks like it too so given that it's the case in Paul's P3D version and John's as well makes me think that this is just how it looks.