Sign in to follow this  
rondon9898

Is this texture normal or a fault?

Yep. Don't.

Kyle,

Interested in knowing why PMDG recommends leaving DX10 off in FSX. I purchased Steves DX10 fixer a couple months ago and have not seen any bad effects since using it. Thanks in advance for your answer.

Vic green

Because DX10 in FSX was extremely buggy, Vic. The DX10 Fixer does a great job making it viable, but I suppose PMDG want to eliminate having to provide support for something that may have gaps and errors in it. This isn't a DX10 problem though, as it's the same in DX9.

Shouldnt answer for Kyle but I imagine his answer would be along those lines.

You're confusing me now chaps :D Is it supposed to look like this or is it an error of some kind? Having looked at some of Froogle's videos in the 737, his looks like it too so given that it's the case in Paul's P3D version and John's as well makes me think that this is just how it looks.

John, I just check my NGX (I have a flight in progress) and that part of the under belly of the eyebrow panel is just a dark (almost black) piece of what looks like formed plastic panel.  I have high end graphics but cannot make out much of a texture but it definitely looks like a piece of something and not just a black hole.  So, simple answer is you are probably looking at what should be there. 

Dan Downs KCRP

I have not noticed this issue...possibily because i end up flying the NGX at night.

Initially I thought the polygons are invalid N-Gons, and not joining up correctly. Then i saw this image.

http://www.737ng.co.uk/mcp3.jpg

Well what do you think...Fact is stranger than fiction...it does kind of look like this, don't you think? Even with a real image it looks weird.

It does look too dark, or as if something isn't rendering right, hard to tell.

Have to take  about  what I  said  that  I havnt  got  this  issue, just loaded  up the ngx  and  got the same  issue,  the only  reason I have noticed  it  now  since  it  has been mentioned in here, and hadn't  taken much notice  of  it.  Went  thru  all my fsx  pictures I had taken   since  the release of  the ngx  and  the dark panel is  there.So  thx  to the op  for  pointing  this  out   and  now  I will notice  it  forever  as  I  hadn't  before :Tounge:  So maybe its meant  to be like this,  sorry for the  misguided  post that I  had  made  before  about  not  having  this  issue 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I've spent a bit more time in my cockpit since the beginning of this post, just looking around, and as far as http://www.737ng.co.uk/mcp3.jpg this pic goes. . . there's some texture issues there.

Boeing needs to get with PMDG so that they can fix their cockpit.

John Anderson

Windows 10, FSX:SE

I5 4690k

GA-Z97M-DS3H

EVGA GTX 950, 2GB

Interesting  just loaded  the other  737 ifly  version and  it  also has  the same  issue  but  its  not  as  pronounced  as  the ngx   so maybe  its  meant  to be  like  it  is

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Kyle,

Interested in knowing why PMDG recommends leaving DX10 off in FSX. I purchased Steves DX10 fixer a couple months ago and have not seen any bad effects since using it. Thanks in advance for your answer.

DX10 was never finished. The 'fixer' does a decent job of closing the gaps, but it's not a native solution to the platform. As such, it isn't supported. If it works for you, then fine, but we can't offer support for things our software wasn't designed to work with.

Kyle Rodgers

Someone posted about a high res 3d cockpit a while back. I thought it was cool enough to be my wallpaper at work. So there it is starting back at me.

gl_2.jpg

It looks like a flat black purpose built glare shield. I'm not sure but it looks like the thing is kinda like the overhead visors in your car where  you can move it to block glare. A pilot would know for sure. Point being that if that is what it actually is, it is supposed to look like a black hole with no color / shape / texture. So I'd hazard a guess the model is correct.

Yes I've been scouring the web for screenshots and everyone's NGX looks like mine, so it must be the way PMDG designed it rather than an error on my system. I don't really like it and the way it contrasts with the adjoining section doesn't totally look like the real aircraft, but I shall tolerate it :D

Yes I've been scouring the web for screenshots and everyone's NGX looks like mine, so it must be the way PMDG designed it rather than an error on my system. I don't really like it and the way it contrasts with the adjoining section doesn't totally look like the real aircraft, but I shall tolerate it :D

Looks like its  meant  to be  like  it   is  found  this from a real   737  landing 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnyT4uuTg5c

and  you can notice it  now  since  its  been mentioned  wouldn't have  even  taken much  notice  of  it :smile:  and if  you check out  any  utubes  out  there  everyone  has  it  as well

Peter kelberg

Try adjusting your monitor's contrast setting to make it look less black. .

Keith Sandford.

This is still alive?  Are you sure it is black, it looks blue to me :Tounge:

Dan Downs KCRP

This is still alive?

Yeah, Dan, you and me too.