Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Remove GA traffic from large airports?

I have always thought it looks a bit odd at Heathrow, JFK and so forth to see Cessnas lining up with A380s, B777s waiting patiently (??) for little Piper Cherokees to line up and take off ... never seen it in real life anyway.

I am supposing there's no way to do this apart from on a rather laborious airport-by-airport basis? I could remove the taxi links for the GA parking spots, so disabling the GA spots, but that would just force GA to park at the large commercial gates, I imagine. I don't want to remove GA traffic globally, of course...

Will I have to edit every airport using TTools, or is there a quicker way I haven't thought of?

Thanks.

In sim, select Tools/Traffic Toolbox/Settings and untick General Aviation. This removes all GA globally until you re-tick it back on.

Traffic Toolbox is part of the FS2004 Traffic SDK which you can download from FS Nordic, FSDeveloper etc.

Hi, I have it and do use it (occasionally) for adding/creating flight plans and so on.

I didn't want to disable GA globally, but I suppose it's easy enough to change like this each time I fly, as necessary.

Does this work for all airports though or just default? - I rarely fly at 'bare' FS9 airports, only 3rd. party ones. (I can always go and load the sim and find out I suppose!).

Thanks.

Disabling GA traffic is a global setting and is not dependent on airports.

Planes with blank airline= lines in the [fltsim.nn] sections of the aircraft.cfg are treated as GA.

BTW, you can change those settings on the fly, no need to wait until you start a new flight.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

BTW, you can change those settings on the fly, no need to wait until you start a new flight.

Yes, I think it best I do that. I fly a lot more often between large airports with jet aircraft than I do small airfields, so can change back to add GA traffic enabled as and when. Thanks.

You could decompile your traffic file with TTools, find the flightplans that relate to the GA aircraft and use "replace" function to change all the EGLL entries to an obscure airport you dont fly to.

Peter Schluter

Yes, that would be effective... I'd have to do it for quite a long list of 'major' airports though

You can always try Markus Brunner's GA Traffic utility. Besides generating more GA traffic, you can set landing fees for GA traffic so they won't show up at major airports.

I have downloaded it - seems to do a lot of things.

I suppose you use it yourself? If, as a starter, I want almost no GA a/c at Heathrow, what typical values do I need to input for landing fees? The default landing fee for Heathrow is 2649.64, but I have no idea what to change this to realistically. Can't see anything specific in the manual. As a general rule, how do I change airport landing fee values to exclude GA aircraft? Double them, for instance?

Thanks

Yeah I would just start inputting what you suggest. I never fooled around much with the landing fees myself and I can't remember what values I used.

OK, I'll see. For now maybe it's simpler just to set GA a/c on and off in the FS9 menu, as needed. But thanks.