Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

ASN blowing 737NGX to one side

This happens all the time even in light winds. When i turn it gets blown to one side like when you use the yaw damper but then returns to the neutral position.

Vernon Howells

To compensate , use what others call " flying " .

John

• Upvote 2

Sorry but this thing that is happening is not normal. I'm getting blown to the side 90* left or right and swings back quite agressively.

So leave that smart &@($* comment out

Vernon Howells

I am having the same issue with the NGX. Although, I use opus and not ASN. It occurs when just using the default weather as well. Below ~FL 200 the effect is not there, but as soon as I get above 18000 ft the AP cannot keep a straight line. Upon AP disconnect, the aircraft will bank hard left or right, and continues to roll until I intervene. This roll is not accompanied by aileron movement, so I also think it has to do with the wind.

Also, I haven't had much time to test, but it appears that the PMDG T7 doesn't have this same problem.

So leave that smart &@($* comment out

Wasn't meant as such but when people insist on buying addons to make it " as real as it gets " ( in this case the weather ) but don't have the neccessary skills as a " real " pilot to compensate when they do happen , what else can you say . Does a real pilot press " P " , pull out his laptop and make a post on AVSIM asking for help ? Or does he use his expertise and carry on .

Everyone " seems " to want turbulence , windshear etc. , etc. but there are more questions here ( on AVSIM ) regarding switching these " functions " off or lessening the effect just because they cannot cope when they occur .

Maybe dropping a line to ASN might be a better course of action to find a solution , or even better , actually reading the manual that comes with the product .

John

• Upvote 1

Wasn't meant as such but when people insist on buying addons to make it " as real as it gets " ( in this case the weather ) but don't have the neccessary skills as a " real " pilot to compensate when they do happen , what else can you say . Does a real pilot press " P " , pull out his laptop and make a post on AVSIM asking for help ? Or does he use his expertise and carry on .

Everyone " seems " to want turbulence , windshear etc. , etc. but there are more questions here ( on AVSIM ) regarding switching these " functions " off or lessening the effect just because they cannot cope when they occur .

Maybe dropping a line to ASN might be a better course of action to find a solution , or even better , actually reading the manual that comes with the product .

John

Really helpful....not... 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

John this is a support forum, if your only advice is "RTFM", please stay out of it. Furthermore if you would have actually read what was in the thread you would have realized that the issue is not ASN specific.

I will have to do further testing this only started to happen after updating to 3.1 and 3.2. Not sure what is going on here, i set winds to 2 kts no windshear etc and the planes nose still pulled to the left and swung back round.

Vernon Howells

i had the same problem in V3.1 . It happens on approach always at the same airport ESSA. The aircraft would just bank to left really hard. I figure it was the weather so i used my rudder to try compensate the effect. Thanks for posting  i thought i was the only one .

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

I'm telling ya, it's not ASN specific. But it could be weather injection in general; I use opusfsi occasionally. I've never used it and have the same problem. Also, I've only noticed it on the NGX and at higher flight levels.

John this is a support forum, if your only advice is "RTFM", please stay out of it. Furthermore if you would have actually read what was in the thread you would have realized that the issue is not ASN specific.

Read the title of the OP .

Also , nowhere in my post did I say RTFM , merely suggested visiting the ASN forum OR that reading the manual " might " provide answers .

There again , people only read what they want to in a post , so if you have a problem with that you can always use the report button ( next to the " MultiQuote " option ) .

John

• Upvote 2

Ok guys i have put a ticket into hifi

Read the title of the OP .

Also , nowhere in my post did I say RTFM , merely suggested visiting the ASN forum OR that reading the manual " might " provide answers .

There again , people only read what they want to in a post , so if you have a problem with that you can always use the report button ( next to the " MultiQuote " option ) .

Its good to branch out to the community and see if anyone else is having this (maybe) issue with P3D or ASN instead of just posting it to one place. This could be ASN or P3D so its best to post to both forums.

regarding switching these " functions " off or lessening the effect just because they cannot cope when they occur

So you're telling me in few clouds condition light winds (5kts) and the aircrafts nose swings hard left and back again... And this wouldn't lead you to query this condition. I'm not a pilot but never seen or heard in good conditions a 60t plane nose swinging left 90* and back !!!!!!

Vernon Howells