Sign in to follow this  
Guest freff

FS9 Stutter problem

Guest MCharves

Well, I guess it's time to see if anyone else has issues with this sort of thing.Today, while flying the COA Birthday Bash, I encountered yet again a problem that has started plaguing me... and unfortunately I wasn't paying attention at first when it started, but it's been doing this for at least a month or two.I can fly fine for roughly an hour or so. After that, the sim begins to stutter. Oh, it's not bad at first... say 1 stutter every 5 seconds or so. But as the flight progresses, it progressively gets worse and worse and worse, until it's so bad that I no longer even have a framerate. The sim doesn't necessarily lock up, there's just no more "sim". If I'm on VATSIM, I can still communicate with ATC and the works. But the sim is basically frozen (well, if you want to call 1 frame every 20 seconds frozen).I have absolutely no idea what's causing this.I figure it's some sort of addon I have installed, but I'm not sure. I don't have a lot of stuff installed really... just some freeware sceneries (British Columbia Mesh, 2 other meshes, and some small airport enhancements). As for payware stuff, I have the PMDG 737, FSD International Seneca V, Pilatus Porter PC-6, and Cheyenne, and I have FS Passengers. I've heard rumors that FS Passengers has a memory leak, but I've been unable to locate anything that confirms this.The only other stuff I have is a LOT of freeware aircraft.Anyone have any ideas? Encounter a situation like this before? This has pretty much made it impossible for me to fly any flight with an airliner, or any flight at all longer than an hour (this occurs even with GA flights, 172 default plane). Any help or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.Thank you...

Guest ssurjap

I read somewhere that if you lower the sound acceleration it helps a little, so try that.

God knows there is a ton of information on these forums regarding stuttering - some by me. I guarantee if you want to spend the next 12 months becoming obsessed, just do a search on stuttering and try out the different suggestions! (I say this tongue in cheek).Seriously, what you are describing (the time lag thing) sounds possibly like you have an overheating problem with your graphics card. Try monitoring the gpu temp to see what happens after awhile.Regards,Paul

Guest freff

>I can fly fine for roughly an hour or so. After that, the sim>begins to stutter. Oh, it's not bad at first... say 1 stutter>every 5 seconds or so. But as the flight progresses, it>progressively gets worse and worse and worse, until it's so>bad that I no longer even have a framerate. The sim doesn't>necessarily lock up, there's just no more "sim". If I'm on>VATSIM, I can still communicate with ATC and the works. But>the sim is basically frozen (well, if you want to call 1 frame>every 20 seconds frozen).Many of us are experiencing this. It is caused by Squawkbox 3 but the exact catalysts are not yet known. There is a long thread about this over at the squawkbox forum. here http://squawkbox.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1613Unfortunately, the author of SB3 has acknowledged the problem but doesn't know how to fix it yet. I've since switched to using FSINN and haven't had a problem since.