Sign in to follow this  
vr1

2.0.0.9 Transponder Mode?

Hello Dave,

I'm not sure, if I assume it right? Should P2A read out/interact the transponder mode setting? There are no function with stock aircraft (Baron 58, carenado A36) also with Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321? It's irritating that P2A displaying "OFF" below IDENT while the transponder mode in aircraft is diffrent.

P3DV2.3 / FSUIPC 4.949h

Regards

Helge

It should display the same Transponder Mode as the aircraft, for most aircraft.  I know it works with the stock Baron 58, for example.  You do have to have the Master Battery Switch and Avionic Switches turned on in the aircraft.

Thanks,

Dave

On some advanced aircarft (Q400 to name one), uses a 'non standard' call for Transponder mode, even though it is 'on' or Mode 'c' in th eAircraft, it doe not transmit that.

Therefore you have to manually switch Modes in P2A.  It takes a second, but this is out of the control of P2A I'm afraid

Hope that helps

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Only for clarification ... Transponder code operates okay, but not the transponder mode (off/standby/active/altitude ...). I doublechecked that again with the Baron 58 and actually with the stock Mooney Bravo. The Money G1000 displayed XPDR "ON" but not in P2A ("off").

That isn't a big deal as long P2A beside the displayed XPDR-Mode knows the current position of the airplane. And that's seemed so.

Regards

Helge