Sign in to follow this  
Julean

How do I change to P3D?

I have changed to P3D.

I have given up on the OOMs and the poor scenery that is left when I try to fly. 

I notice that there are no P3D installers options in the setup on the three planes in the latest installers.

And I notice that the versions are sold separately... 

But if I am changing to P3D then....? What to do?

I have tried to find some info... Cant find anything.

all the best

Jens 

Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen
Denmark

The P3D aircraft are separate purchases and installers.

David Porrett

The best way to think of switching to P3D is you are purchasing a whole new simulator, because you are, and most of your addons need to be purchased for P3D.

Nick Hatchel

"Sometimes, flying feels too godlike to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see …"
Charles A. Lindbergh, 1953

System: Custom Watercooled--Intel i7-8700k OC: 5.0 Ghz--Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7--EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition--16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4--240GB SSD--460GB SSD--1TB WD Blue HDD--Windows 10--55" Sony XBR55900E TV--GoFlight VantEdge Yoke--MFG Crosswind Pedals--FSXThrottle Quattro Throttle Quadrant--Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS--TrackIR 5--VRInsight MCPii Boeing

The P3D aircraft are separate purchases and installers.

WHAT!!  

I am sorry - does that mean, that  I have to dry my eyes and face the $278,97 bill? - Eventhough that the only planes I didnt buy was the Beechcraft and the 747 Dreamlifter through the years?

I have tried to find info about upgrade changeing price. But cannot..

Is this really so?

Jens

• Upvote 1

Jens Michlas
Denmark

WHAT!!

I am sorry - does that mean, that I have to dry my eyes and face the $278,97 bill? - Eventhough that the only planes I didnt buy was the Beechcraft and the 747 Dreamlifter through the years?

I have tried to find info about upgrade changeing price. But cannot..

Is this really so?

Jens

Yes it's so. New platform, new purchase.

Also, if you search the PMDG forums regarding this, you'll find many, maybe at least 50 topics on the same question you had.

PMDG offered a discount on the 777 at one time for FSX users to buy the P3D license but that has long passed.

Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yes, this is a bitter pill to swallow. I initially had the same issue. But when you look at what you are getting, it really is worth it. Get one aircraft, your favorite, and the others as time goes on. Again, this is what I did. I purchased the NGX and flew it quite a bit. I did miss my 777 though. But when PMDG took the advanced tech from the 747v2 in development, and applied it to the 777, I purchased that one. IMO that showed me that they are in fact interested in keeping older products moving forward where they can. This is all just my 2 cents worth, but I hope it helps.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

The best way to think of switching to P3D is you are purchasing a whole new simulator, because you are, and most of your addons need to be purchased for P3D.

Actually not most. Just a select few.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Actually not most. Just a select few.

And the reason PMDG have gone down this path has been discussed to death.

/Thread

I have changed to P3D.

I have given up on the OOMs and the poor scenery that is left when I try to fly. 

I notice that there are no P3D installers options in the setup on the three planes in the latest installers.

And I notice that the versions are sold separately... 

But if I am changing to P3D then....? What to do?

I have tried to find some info... Cant find anything.

all the best

Jens 

Buy them again, as the others said. Different platform, different licensing costs to PMDG, therefore higher price for us users to pay.

One way to look at is something like Microsoft pricing. Windows 10 Desktop, maybe $250. Windows Server, $1250. For software that is pretty much built from the same code base.

P3D is aimed at professional use and so we pay more for it. As does PMDG to license the data from Boeing.

• Upvote 2

But really is it really full price? Isn’t there a redemption code somewhere when you got the 777 and 737 already?

It’s really a whining process also going to P3D and saying goodbye to the JS 4100 and, MD11. The MD11 have been a very wonderful experience.

All developers have this policy and providing a P3D version. But this seems somewhat hardcore, and the comments in this tread says, that for PMDG the P3D is something different to them for the demand in their level of modeling.

And then so it is. just surprising.

I love PMDG; I love their aircrafts, the community and reflection. I have extremely respect for their work. They make their best planes. And I am not at all hinting that they should not take the price for their enormous effort just surprised that this is as it apparently is.
Where would flight simulation be, if PMDG not was around?
It iis PMDG planes that gives me the impression, that I am flying a real aircraft. Aerosoft A318-321 are close. But PMDG really give you the joy of the magic that works.

Let me play with the awe joy and feeling of wonder for technical wonders and experiences from the past.

There is a historic clip form a much held Danish movie series in Danish cinemas, called the Olsen Gang from 1975!. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073482/

In the following in clip we see the today traffic management https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdSU77wc980

But the play here is to show our awe for technical wonders.
Here in the film the Olsen Gang have their young “agent” William end up in The Yellow Mansion with the two old wonderful guys, played by two very loved Danish actors as train traffic control managers (Godtfredsen & Brodersen – English: Good-peace-son & Brothers-son) from a bygone era with the employment status of civil servants, together with the atmosphere of the Danish symbols of "hygge" (cosines) with afternoon coffee with cake, while the afternoon train managing was admired in awe.

“G3745 to Roskilde, Glumsø and down to Næstved. Precise on the minute.
I will tell you Godtfredsen, this is my source of unperceptible joy. How good it is in a world like this to deal with things that always works, and submits to a higher order, like small pieces of a big beautiful system.”
“You have, as usual, absolutely right Mr. Brodersen, And now the coffee is ready.”

They raise the flag, change to white jackets, buy cakes - because it a great day. The day when the summer schedule starts.
This; the Olsen Gang forgets, and therefore has to jam the system for operating their little train. Young William is instructed to manipulate the signals, but under the old winter plan, and now everything is chaos.

They discuss train planing and the burden to recive a student from - off course the General Directorate. But when they see William out the window and find that he looks remarkabel sympathetic and not even long haired, they are positive, like two friendly grand dads.
Godtfredsen and Brothersen mistake William for the new traffic student, and call him.

Later on in the film when the systems are jammed by the gang, the young William impresses the two servants.
Knowing what his father and uncles were doing, he gets his heart melted by these stately heartily correct and punctual servants, who now soo easily have lost to the new technology,
The young William rescues the Nestors of the old Danish State Railways, and they find in him a “very sympathetic young man” that now enters apprenticeship in the The Yellow Mansion – DSB.
And the mother of William declares later in the film, that his future is now secured and he can move to Valby. A township in Copenhagen once known for housing a lot of employees of DSB – Danish State Railways.
That was 40 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRAgXwndX5E

Jens Michlas
Denmark

I have the 737 6/7/8/9 and 777 200/300 for FSX Steam.  Just recently purchased Prepar3d and running version 3.2.  Still trying to figure out if I just fly the PMDG on FSX-SE....which I enjoy immensely with Steve's DX10 Fixer or if I just say "#&$% It" and re-buy everything for P3D.  Unfortunately the current CDN$ exchange is not helping matters as this will be a $400 purchase.

• Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I have the 737 6/7/8/9 and 777 200/300 for FSX Steam.  Just recently purchased Prepar3d and running version 3.2.  Still trying to figure out if I just fly the PMDG on FSX-SE....which I enjoy immensely with Steve's DX10 Fixer or if I just say "#&$% It" and re-buy everything for P3D.  Unfortunately the current CDN$ exchange is not helping matters as this will be a $400 purchase.

Something that might sway you over is that PMDG will support the NGX and 777 on P3D into eventual 64 bit, so your purchases aren't one day going to stop working and never work again. So while it may seem a lot of money, think of that future support and ask yourself will any of your other favourite developers support their products through 64bit or will they leave them to go obsolete and never update.

No oom's or poor scenery for me with SE. I'll never make that very expensive jump over to P3D.

Keith Sandford.