Sign in to follow this  
irrics

Crashing with Nvidia OpenGL error code 3

Having a major bummer experience for the first time ever with P3D v3.2

Anyone else getting a crash with Nvidia OpenGL error code 3?

I'm not sure how to figure out what it is.

Is this one of those dreaded OOM situations I've always heard about?

Uh... Prepar3D uses DirectX... not OpenGL.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Uh... Prepar3D uses DirectX... not OpenGL.

Not sure what to tell you.... This is a crash while using P3D.

Could the Flight1 GTN be using Open GL?

I have no idea... I only know that Prepar3D uses DirectX 11. You have something else using OpenGL and it's what is crashing, not Prepar3D.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I have no idea... I only know that Prepar3D uses DirectX 11. You have something else using OpenGL and it's what is crashing, not Prepar3D.

I understand you are saying "it isn't P3D's fault", but P3D is what's actually crashing as a result and that error is what's coming up from the NVIDIA drivers, thus why I'm inquiring if others have seen this.

Obviously you haven't seen this one, so hopefully others can add some commentary.

Yes, I have received that error code in FSXAccel.  It's from the F1 GTN 750 crashing (it crashes first, then the sim crashes).  What OS are you using?

Greg

Yes, I have received that error code in FSXAccel.  It's from the F1 GTN 750 crashing (it crashes first, then the sim crashes).  What OS are you using?

Greg

Win 10x64

I'm om 7x64 but will tell you this is an nVidia problem not an OS or sim problem.  If you do a search for the file "nvoglv64.dll" it should be found in the Windows/System32 folder.  Right click on the file, then click on "Properties".  Next click on the "Detail" tab and at the bottom you'll see the line: "Original filename  nvoglv32.dll".  Simply rename the file nvoglv64.dll to "nvoglv32.dll", then go fly.  I bought the GTN 750 almost 3 months ago, and it took me about a week to chase this down... haven't had a single crash since renaming the file.  Beware though, installing new nVidia video drivers will create the problem anew.

HTH

Greg

• Upvote 1