Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Night Enviroment Impressive

Thought I would give this a go and man I am glad I did - great stuff - I enjoy Taburet also - nice to have options

I would say you need to turn of shadows and reflections of any kind during night flying which eliminated brief pause I as encountering - this Is NE Massachusetts

9i4aih.jpg

• Upvote 3

Rich Sennett

Spectacular night lighting!

HLJAMES

• Upvote 1

Thought I would give this a go and man I am glad I did - great stuff - I enjoy Taburet also - nice to have options

I would say you need to turn of shadows and reflections of any kind during night flying which eliminated brief pause I as encountering - this Is NE Massachusetts

9i4aih.jpg

Rich, I think you're running P3Dv3.2, right?  If so, what are your HDR settings?  I can't get my NE to show that bright for some reason.  Doing a flight now and I can see the lights, but they don't look like yours.

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Yes I agree, just done a flight over Liverpool. (EGGP), got similar dramatic night sky. almost give up because never been able to see the extended range of lights before until now, don't know why it changed from a couple of days ago. now I can see lights way into the distance, as you say impressive.  btw great shot.

bob

• Upvote 1

Spectacular night lighting!

HLJAMES

Thank you - cranked up the brightness in P3D gui - cool stuff I for one am not a fan of very dark nights

Rich, I think you're running P3Dv3.2, right?  If so, what are your HDR settings?  I can't get my NE to show that bright for some reason.  Doing a flight now and I can see the lights, but they don't look like yours.

Do you have hdr cranked up I would assume you do - pm sent - thanks

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

It is really impressive.

I also have to add (sorry if this comment bothers some), that X-Plane 10 looks pretty much like that out of the box!

No totally agree X-Plane night rocks - I never tried it but seen many videos and shots very impressive - hope LM is listening - maybe on 64bit side of things

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

Yeah, I must also have something wrong in my layering of this scenery as well and what's active for Sweden and Denmark at least.  Norway I can tell is NE.  But, Sweden and Denmark, I think I'm seeing UTX instead even though NE is higher than UTX.  I have Base and Level 2 enabled for both of those countries( they don't use NEXM yet).  AFAIK, I should not need to disable UTX night lighting, should I?

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

I should not need to disable UTX night lighting, should I?

As far as I know placing them at the top of layers should cover it but you may want to try unticking utx lighting

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

Impressive. I can't get it to look like this as well although it is a big improvement over stock and ORBX lights, the latter I don't like at all. What HDR settings are you currently using?

• Upvote 1

Hans

Is this "seeing lights all the way into the distance" a thing that's special to Night Environment or can you achieve the same thing with ORBX lights?

Has anyone with a full fat ORBX region done a night time comparison between NE and ORBX?

• Upvote 1

Impressive. I can't get it to look like this as well although it is a big improvement over stock and ORBX lights, the latter I don't like at all. What HDR settings are you currently using?

Hdr was about 80%

Is this "seeing lights all the way into the distance" a thing that's special to Night Environment or can you achieve the same thing with ORBX lights?

Has anyone with a full fat ORBX region done a night time comparison between NE and ORBX?

Global lights are not very visible at long distance especially at altitude - NE somehow has a much larger distance than Global - Global seems to adhering to 6.5 lod rules and NE & Taburet seems to get around that without a hit but only in P3D V3.2

• Upvote 2

Rich Sennett

I would say you need to turn of shadows and reflections of any kind during night flying which eliminated brief pause I as encountering

Thank you very much Rich, Awesome night visuals!

if it’s not smooth yet (it will be when get my hands on it)

off the top of my head; it doesn’t help there to run 3 lighting system simultaneously either (let me know when your back we will look into this,

even through it seems that way (i switch NE on i get pauses; i switch NE Off its gone)

these pauses are not NE or NE related; they may be exaggerated by NE but not caused by NE,

(usually this is an indication that VAS is getting crowded; or possible another bug or conflicts in P3D)

which P3D version are you on?

I can't get my NE to show that bright for some reason

come visit us on our forums I will make sure you will too :wink:

I also have to add (sorry if this comment bothers some), that X-Plane 10 looks pretty much like that out of the box!

I’ve said it many times; XP was our inspiration and totem pole for creating NE, i take this as a compliment! :hi:

AFAIK, I should not need to disable UTX night lighting, should I?

UTX doesn’t need to be set to OFF as it does cover parts of the world NE doesn’t cover,

it’s possible they updated their GUID and some lights are from third party lights are leaking through the visuals,

Post a pic of your visuals ill be able to further diagnose what it is you currently see

NE seems to get around that without a hit but only in P3D V3.2

Not only in 3.2 Rich,

I run this on FSX with DX9!

let me know when your back in I’ll see what is going on there for you,

(I know I’m going to be faced with every imaginable sim addon known to man :wink:)

Thank you very much Rich, Awesome night visuals!

if it’s not smooth yet (it will be when get my hands on it)

off the top of my head; it doesn’t help there to run 3 lighting system simultaneously either (let me know when your back we will look into this,

Seems all good Chris - pics and videos dont do NE justice really have to experience it for yourself  :wink:

P3D V3.2 here nothing but the best - I am not running 3 light systems at the same time - I moved global lights out of folder as posted in your forums and NE is at the top of the list nothing else was working but NE

If I was running more than NE - I dont think sim would run very well and you can see in pic above its only NE 

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

you have the other guy tuned on 100%; you can see the lights are big and not proportional next to our lights,
tick NE off and you will see how many light you have there with NE :smile:
FTX may also be diplaying its lights as well there,
if you post an image with NE off i will be able to tell whats going on there (light wise) little better,