Sign in to follow this  
Guest Armstrang

Pitch black night textures a bug? please check

The following link has 4 screenshots.The first a 767 ready for takeoff in spot view, the second screenshot was taken from inside the Virtual Cockpit. try to identify the livery of the plane and or the 'any' instrument inside the VC.The remaining screenshots are the exact same views.. try to identify livery in spot view and/or flight instruments in VC view.The only difference between the two sets if the date set on the sim... Starting today, I get pitch black textures at night in any part of the world. Is this a known bug or just me?http://forums.simradar.com/Pitch_black_Nig...UG_P267490.html

I had the same problem a while ago. Forgot exactly how I fixed it. I think it was a halo replacement or an environment replacement

ActiveSky maybe... hmmm, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Guest Armstrang

I do most of my flying at night, just because that is when I get to. I have the same problem. I would like to fix it, although it has forced my eyeballs to pick things out of the darkness better.

For all you guys that have ASV this is what many people have asked for. I too feel the night textures are very dark but most simmers wanted it that way and that's what people like ASV and others started producing. This is why I'm a big advocate of night lighting (not dome lighting mind you). With add-on's like PMDG's 744 and FSD's Avante, the whole VC is blacked out except for very limited areas on the forward panel.This is not a bug but rather a requested feature because most reported the default night environment wasn't dark enough... *:-* You'll have to play around with ASV's (or whatever program you have that changes the night environment) settings to get the default night environment back somehow... :-hmmm

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest Armstrang

Actually, I prefer pitch black to not black enough. I think I'll leave it alone, for now.

Guys I found a way to solve this problem on ASV's forum (only for those using the latest update for ASV by the way)... :-) 'Use the sky set, fixed night; Normal 1'

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest Armstrang

Thanks! I'll give it a try!