Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Ultimate Traffic 2 Prepar3D v3 & v4

Can UT2 be installed into both FSX and P3D on the same computer?

It is not needed to install it twice FSX & P3d can share one installation. Install it into FSX, for what it was made. And then copy & modify the files as explained in Elaines Thread here on this Page. http://www.avsim.com/topic/485133-how-do-i-install-ultimate-traffic-2-prepar3d-v3/page-28#entry3529841

So I quadruple checked to ensure I followed the instructions and I am successfully getting ai traffic and the music plays when I start P3D. I get two error messages when I start UT2, but it seems everything is fine except...the aircraft repaints.

When I select it I get the message shown in the pic I uploaded. I have been trying to install ai repaints with no avail.

V2jn2Or.jpg

Moses Velasquez

Hello Moses,

I can Replicate this message if I Remove the below Entry from the FSX.cfg in   ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3  FSX.cfg 

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft
Click on FSX.cfg to open up and add this Above Entry between [Main] and [Panel] Just like the Image shows.  Click File and Save it 

25465927430_bc8c97d084_o.png

Hello Elaine,

So I already had that set. One thing I noticed in your screenshot is that you do't have the p3d cfg in that folder. In my case, I have the p3d cfg in that file location could it be that, or just leave how it is?

Moses Velasquez

small update: I read over the tutorial and it seems that there should be two cfg's. I'm thinking perhaps it has to do with the hotfix 2 update that might be messing things up.

Moses Velasquez

It has nothing to do with the hotfix update. There are two .cfg files because UT2 is an older program intended only for use with FSX, so it *requires* an fsx.cfg to be present in order to run. The other .cfg file, Prepar3D.cfg, is the normal one that P3D uses.

You should double check where you have inserted the SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft line, because that's the cause of the error message you are getting. If you are 110% positive it's where it should be, then verify that the UT2 Aircraft folder is, in fact, in your P3D\SimObjects folder.

I have that line in my fsx.cfg file between [MAIN] and [PANELS], and this is the path to the UT2 Aircraft folder in my system:   F:\P3D\SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft

Moses Velasquez

Hello all,

Happy New Year to you all.

I've recently just successfully got Ultimate Traffic 2 running in P3D V3.4 thanks to Elaine's very helpful guide. I've also bought the Summer 2016 pack and was wondering if this updates the liveries for me? If not, does anybody know where I can get up to date liveries from?

Thanks for your time, have a good week.

Jonathan

- Jonathan Daley

One thing I noticed in your screenshot is that you do't have the p3d cfg in that folder. In my case, I have the p3d cfg in that file location could it be that, or just leave how it is?

Hello Moses,

What Molleh said is correct,  Post #426 

The reason I only have an fsx.cfg in that location,  It was actually a Mistake, I should have had both a fsx.cfg and a Prepar3D.cfg,  I took the image to quick.  Did you get sorted yet ? What was the fix ?   If not can you Paste the contents of your Prepar3D.cfg to your next message.  

I've also bought the Summer 2016 pack and was wondering if this updates the liveries for me?

Hello Jonathan.  Yes any Schedule UT2 update will Update the liveries.  Note:  After you install the Schedule you need to open the UT2 Control panel and let the Update run  

Hello Moses,

What Molleh said is correct,  Post #426 

The reason I only have an fsx.cfg in that location,  It was actually a Mistake, I should have had both a fsx.cfg and a Prepar3D.cfg,  I took the image to quick.  Did you get sorted yet ? What was the fix ?   If not can you Paste the contents of your Prepar3D.cfg to your next message.  

Hello Elaine,

I decided to wait for the P3D version that was announced a couple days ago, so hopefully that will be a great addon to have for users in the P3D community.

Moses Velasquez

When I reinstall UT2 I don't need the SP2 version of UT2 do I??

i9-9900K, EVGA RTX 2080Ti, ASUS ROG Maximus Hero WI-FI Z390, Samsung 860 EVO Plus 1TB Win 10 Pro, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB MSFS, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB P3D4.5, G Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3200 16GB CL14, EVGA , Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, EVGA1000P2 Super Nova1000 PWR SUPPLY.

I am getting the (Unable to find flight simulator x) and I have the fsx.exe file in my main Prepar3d folder??

i9-9900K, EVGA RTX 2080Ti, ASUS ROG Maximus Hero WI-FI Z390, Samsung 860 EVO Plus 1TB Win 10 Pro, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB MSFS, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB P3D4.5, G Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3200 16GB CL14, EVGA , Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, EVGA1000P2 Super Nova1000 PWR SUPPLY.

Hi Elaine, thank you so much for making such detailed  tutorial for us.

I did the installation as you said, and everything seems to be fine, all files are in the right place, all lines were added correctly and so, i can open the UT2 Manager without a problem and when i start p3d the music comes out and everything seems to be working fine, but when im finally at the airport all i can see is General Aviation aircraft, no UT2 aircraft appears, i have read various replies on this post but none seems to help me find what i'm doing wrong.

Hope you can Help Me, Kind Regards

I.Garnica