Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Ultimate Traffic 2 Prepar3D v3 & v4

Introduction

Prepar3D v4 Ultimate Traffic 2 

A quick Tutorial to get Ultimate Traffic 2 up and running in Prepar3D v4 .  This is a simplified version of the Original  UT2 Tutorial,  This is also relevant for Prepar3D v3 

--------------

Please Note: This tutorial is for Ultimate Traffic 2,  This is not compatible with any version of Prepar3D.   Ultimate Traffic Live is the new version and will be compatible with Prepar3D v4

It is highly recommended not to Install UT2 for Prepar3D v4 because its simple not compatible,  Its possible but not recommended  

If you are happy enough to proceed,  Please read on.........

I will add to this Guide as the weeks go on.........

This is just to get you up and running with moving planes and Schedule's,  No Repaints or Powerpack is Included.

Note: To get the base pack of UT2 Installed with moving UT2 planes in Prepar3D v4,  We Do Not need to open the UT2 Control Panel,  It will not work properly as the extra paths will not be connected   

--------------

I will Install and run UT2 from Outside the Core Prepar3D v4 folder,  I will create and name a folder and Install UT2 there.  

I will then add the relevant entries to my simobjects.cfg  +  exe.xml file.  

I will be launching UT2 from the ProgramData path only   

We will not be touching any part of the Core V4 Install folder during the Install and launching of UT2

I will not be adding any Entry to my Prepar3D.cfg or redirecting paths like the Original Tutorial

We will keep the UT2 Install away from your v4 Core folder  (Nice and Clean)  

----
INDEX
----

(1)  Installing UT2 fresh for Prepar3D v4  (New UT2 Install) 

* Tips and hints 

(2)  Installing the Schedule's

(1) Installing UT2 fresh for Prepar3D v4  (New UT2 Install) 

First  Before you run the UT2 Installer   (Important) 

* Insure you add the UT2 Installer to your Exclusions Zone of your Anti virus Software,  

* Disable your UAC, User Account Control,  Click down to Never notify

-------

I will Create and Name a folder and put a fake FSX.exe file into this folder,  The UT2 Installer needs to see a  FSX.exe file to Install,  if it doesn't the Install process will be aborted

You can Create a folder anywhere on your computer and call it what you like

I created a new folder on my C drive and called my new folder UT2V4 

Next we will Create a FSX.exe,  Right Click inside your new folder,  Click New \ Text Document,  Rename this to FSX.exe,  Just like the Image shows.  I have now a new folder called UT2V4 with a fake FSX.exe in it     

j3dnUjX.png

==============================

* Run the UT2 Installer as administrator,  Right Click and Run as administrator

Navigate to your New folder and Click Next  

1quoRKH.png

=================

2 steps to get UT2 up and running in Prepar3D v4 

Step 1: Setting up your exe.xml file 

Navigate to:   Local Disk (C:) ► ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v4 -  exe.xml file 

Right Click on your exe.xml file,  Open With > Notepad.  As you can see from the Image I have added my UT2 entry already in the blue box.  

Note You need to change your <Path> to suit your UT2 Install folder location   

At the bottom right of the Image you can see how my <Path> is made up.

You can Copy and Paste the below entry into your exe.xml file and Save it.  Remember to change your Path,  If you don't UT2 will not Launch

I have left ? marks,  You need to Input your own Drive letter and folder name here

fO4g9mD.png

<Launch.Addon>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Name>UT2</Name>
<Path>?:\????\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>
<NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
</Launch.Addon>

Step 2 :  Setting up your Simonjects.cfg 

Navigate to:   Local Disk (C:) ► ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v4 - Simobjects.cfg 

Double left Click on your simobjects.cfg file to open.  

As you can see from the Image I have added my UT2 entry already in the blue box.  

Note:  You need to change your Path= to suit your UT2 Install folder.  

At the bottom right of the Image you can see how my Path= is made up.

You can Copy and Paste the below entry into your Simobjects.cfg file and Save it.  Remember to change your Path,  If you don't you will not see any UT2 Planes,  I have left ? marks,  You need to Input your own Drive letter and folder name here 

x4ejXL3.png

[Entry.10]
Path=?:\???\SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft
Required=True
Active=True

That's It,  Launch Prepar3D v4 and you should hear the Ultimate Traffic 2 Launch Music   (Turn up your Sound)    

If you don't hear the Music this means your exe.xml file is Not set up correctly, Go back and Insure you have set up the correct Path to your UT2 Install folder

If you can hear the Music but can not see any UT2 planes,  Go back and Insure you have set up your Simobjects file correctly 

Tips and hints 

A)  Turning off Default AI Traffic,  You can turn this off as you wont be needing it now Click here for an Image Click here for a Video

B) The AI Traffic Sliders in Prepar3D settings will have No effect on the UT2 planes,  These are already preset at 100%  

C)  Settings,   Prepar3D v4 now has powerful AA abilities these settings will have a noticeable effect on performance with UT2 Installed.   

zhw4eZx.png

(2)  Installing the Schedule's

You can Install the Schedule's by pointing the Installer to your new UT2 folder. 

34399251450_bb57ba2d3d_o.png

For the Schedule's to Update we will now need to Launch the UT2 Control Panel.

Keep launching the UT2 Control panel until all the Scheduled Updates have cycled through

Note:  At the end of the Updates you will be brought to a page looking for a "FSX Install"  That's Ok, Just X out of the page.  Your Schedule's have now been updated !

Here is a simple silent Video of me running the Schedule cycles

Note: The Video is 4 minutes long skip to 3.39 to see this the last page you will be presented with,  This is ok,  X out of it,  Launch Prepar3D v4 and test your new Schedule's

I will add to this guide as time goes on 

• Upvote 5