Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Ultimate Traffic 2 Prepar3D v3 & v4

Elaine,

You should get paid for the 'above and beyond' effort you put into (trying to) helping us.

steve

I second that... I can't believe the detailed help she just provided!  I wouldn't have provided that kind of documentation for my current project :hi:  :smile:

• Upvote 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Elaine let me first begin by thanking you very much for trying to solve my problem. As others have said this is above and beyond. I have tried everything you have given me and have been very careful to do exactly what you suggested checking everything. The installation goes normal up to the point where it wants the software icons installed. I used the default location. When I hit the next button I get the message can't find the fsx path.and the installation is aborted. When I went into the regestry I found I already had those keys installed. I checked and they had the path to C:\FSX. I changed it to my P3d installation but had the same results, Could't find FSX. This appears to be a tough one to crack. If you have any other suggestions I am up for the task.

Thank you again so much

Nelson

• Upvote 1

The installation goes normal up to the point where it wants the software icons installed. I used the default location. When I hit the next button I get the message can't find the fsx path.and the installation is aborted

I need to confirm something.......    

Before you edit the register editor to point to Prepar3D 

1 This is the Default Install Path,  You need to direct "Change"  this to your Prepar3D V3 folder   2  Are you doing this

25135963664_b0803845a9_o.png

==================================

When I went into the regestry I found I already had those keys installed. I checked and they had the path to C:\FSX. I changed it to my P3d installation but had the same results

So obviously you had Either FSX or the EMT Tool Installed Previously.  If it was the EMT Tool have you Uninstalled it ?   If not Please Do.

It shouldn't make a difference though,  When you change the Path= in your register editor it should pick up your Prepar3D Automatically.  Its a strange one alright.

Can you take 2 screen shots of your Prepar3D folder ?

2 Screen shots,  1 From the bottom up showing all the files.  2 From the top down showing the folders and the Install path at the top

The end result will be a complete snap shot of your Prepar3D folder including your Install Path  

Good morning Elaine, I do not have the EMT tool installed. I do have My Traffic 6 installed but not active in P3d.  Yes I changed the path in the reg to indicate the P3D location. Maybe it's  me but I am having difficulty attaching screen shots in these messages. In other forums there is a icon to attach files but I don't see one here.

Thanks

Nelson

Maybe it's  me but I am having difficulty attaching screen shots in these messages

There is 2 methods in this Thread to posting a screen shot,  The first one includes taking a shot with your Snipping tool and uploading it to Avsim and the second (At the bottom)  Is shorter in description which you might also find very useful 
http://www.avsim.com...t-a-screenshot/

Another Interesting post  http://www.avsim.com/topic/441765-posting-images-in-avsim-forums-how-to/?p=3264344

If you have any other suggestions I am up for the task.

Ok,  One more  :smile:   Try this............

All we need to do is Extract the files and folders from the Installer,  It does Not have to be Pointed to Prepar3D !  We can point the Installer anywhere really and when finished we can move the files and folders to the relevant locations. 

Create a Folder "New Folder" on your computer anywhere you like (Not in your Prepar3D folder)  It does Not matter what you call this Folder (Actually call it poppet)   Put a copy of the Prepar3D.exe and of course rename it to FSX.exe into this folder 

Go to your Flight One Software folder in your C Drive,  Right Click on  UT2_Setup-2.09.exe  and Run as administrator.  

Try that 

Well Elaine I tried that and the same message came up :

Path to Flight simulator X not valid

There is something seriously wrong here I think. I did exactly as you described

Thanks 

Nelson

Hope this worksLgPtX4P.png

Here is another screen shot hopefully1ENBPiC.png

mkhZtlj.png

WpkTTc7.png

L1VGEiM.png

4aTBMb6.png

Y5cm9iP.png

peYLpPf.png

Hi Elaine, I think that is all you asked for. good luck

Cheers

Nelson

To be honest with you Nelson I'm Stumped as to why the UT2 Installer wont recognize your Prepar3D folder even with an FSX Key in your Register editor.  You might have a much deeper issue in your OS which is something that is way out of my Technical Knowledge.

I will have to hold my hands up on this one and say i failed :mad:  But hey i went out with a fight  :smile:

I have just noticed something. Your fsx.exe file actually seems to be called fsx.exe.exe. This may be the source of your problem.....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Second screenshot down from the top. You will note that the Prepar3d.exe file is displayed as only "Prepar3d". Therefore, the fsx.exe (and fs9.exe) files that are shown should be displayed as "fsx" and "fs9".

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Oh i see what you mean now,  So yes if Nelson was to change his Prepar3D to Prepar3D.exe at least then they would all be the same

No, I think it needs to be the other way around. He needs to change "fsx.exe", and "fs9.exe" to "fsx" and "fs9". The .exe part should be automatic, as they are application files.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I don't think so Chris (I will be happy to stand corrected though)  Mine has always had the .exe after it.  

I would say 2 things either......

(1)  Nelson has Renamed his Prepar3D by Mistake and removed the .exe 

(2)  Or he didn't Un check the box for hide extensions for know file types  So when Nelson put the fsx.exe and the fs9.exe there was maybe a confliction wit the 2 file types?? 

Either way it would be Interesting to get a result on this one 

Go to your Control Panel,  Type folder Options into your search bar,  Click Folder Options Click View  Untick the box "Hide extensions for Known file types"  Click Apply  

25257438044_19abba890b_o.png

Elaine,

If the "fsx" dummy file has .exe on the end on your PC, then "Prepar3D" should also have it. Similarly, the fact that "Prepar3D" does not have .exe on the end of it in Nelson's folder would suggest that "fsx" shouldn't either.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png