Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Ultimate Traffic 2 Prepar3D v3 & v4

The ProgramData folder was a hidden folder, so I needed to go to my folder options and select "Show Hidden Folders and files" and wit that led me to the simobjects.cfg 

Yes, to complete this Install you will need to access the following folders, these specific folders (shown below) can be hidden sometimes in your C Drive. 

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ►ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► your user name ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3

To show these folders,  follow the steps below. 

Universally,  for windows 7 and 8 and 10 users,  open your Control Panel and follow the path. 

Control Panel ► Appearances and Personalization    Show hidden files and folders    3 Tick the circle, Click Apply and Ok

23445724373_3c3ae5170d_o.png

=======================================================================

The steps outlined below is a shortened checklist of the Tutorial,  Please read the Tutorial again for more detail on each item below  

Checklist  (In this order) 

Have you........

Copied and Pasted " a copy" of Prepar3D.exe in your main Prepar3D folder and renamed it to fsx.exe.  

Please Note:  You will have to Leave the fsx.exe (Copy) in your Prepar3D folder as the UT2 Control panel will Not work without it

============

Have you........

Done your Security checks?  Disabled the uac User account Control.   Added the Installer and the entire UT2 folder to your Exclusions of your Anti virus Software. 

============

Have you........

Checked your exe.xml file located in  AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3

This is what it should look like with 1 Add On (Entry)  As you can see i have left ?? were your path should be

Have you spelt your path exactly pointing to UT2,  including the -spaces- and the correctly placed \  

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>EXE.xml</Filename>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Name>UT2</Name>
<Path>?:\????\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>
<NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

==========

Have you........

Renamed your Prepar3D.cfg  to  fsx.cfg also located in   AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3

This step is essential for the UT2 Control Panel to work

===========

Have you......

Modified your fsx.cfg by adding the line shown below between [Main] and [Panel also essential for the UT2 Control Panel to work correctly 

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft

=============

Have you......

Modified your path  in AppData ► Roaming ►Flight One Software ► Ultimate Traffic 2  ►UT2Settings.cfg 

By default the path is   AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.cfg.

You need to change to  AppData\ Roaming \Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\FSX.cfg 

=============

Have you......

[Entry.10]
Path=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft
Required=True
Active=True

• Upvote 1

Yep, a wonderful post Elaine.  I was frustrated yesterday but it was simply my attention to detail on that one hidden folder that cost me 9 hours of enjoyment but I am very happy all is well now :)  Thanks again for providing all this information so that we can enjoy our addons in P3D.

• Upvote 1

Not working for me either, I have followed the instructions to the letter, checked and triple checked and everything is in the correct locations but on start up get fsx.cfg is missing, managed somehow to cure that although it was correctly in p3d folder and now get flight simulator x missing!! Have tried everything including fresh install of p3d and Windows 10 at least 3 times but cannot get it working.

On one of my attempts I tried with migration tool enabled and that time got no error messages and altered ut2 interface to show max aircraft but on starting p3d got no ut2 music and sure enough no aircraft. What is really infuriating is that I had ut2 working fine in p3d version 2.5 but cannot for the life of me do so in 3.2.

Currently using version 3.2. 16769 and migration tool 3.2.9 1011 which is the latest version.

Any further suggestions gratefully received.

Ian

• Upvote 1

This Tutorial and the steps outlined in it are designed only for use Without any Migration Tool 

It could be a Windows 10 thing,  i don't know, i don't have Windows 10.  

If your using the Migration Tool,  get rid of it you Do Not need it.  Please Note:  when you Uninstall the Migration Tool it will still leave files at the bottom on your main Prepar3D folder,  you will know them by Date, Delete them. 

-------------------

Fusions 

If your not hearing any music and not seeing any aircraft i would first start at your exe.xml file,  can you Copy and Paste it here and give me wee gander at it  :smile: 

-----------------

flight simulator x missing

Flight Simulator X Missing Error 

25169217123_f441480d6a_o.png

There is No fsx.exe in your Main Prepar3D Folder.  If so Go back to the Start of the Tutorial and Follow step one.

It should be like this

25741919936_1a773f65b2_o.png

===========================

fsx.cfg is missing

FSX.cfg Missing Error 

25700746051_65a9867152_o.png

Ok 2 things.

1 There is no FSX.CFG located in   ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► PreparD v3.  You can sort this by Renaming  Prepar3D.cfg  to  fsx.cfg.  

OR This Path has not been Correctly Modified.  Change this.  

25740553286_bb63f47ef8_o.png

Elaine,

I have currently deleted everything and have done a fresh install of Windows 10. I'm lucky as only use this computer for simming so I will start afresh tomorrow with installing p3d and then ut2 as until I have that working I won't install anything else. Will let you know either way how it goes and paste you my Exe.xml if needed.

One thing I am curious with is my p3d entry in my main folder doesn't show .exe extension as per your illustration just p3d but if you hover the mouse over the application it does show as exe. Could this be an issue?

Thanks for your help

Ian

• Upvote 1

Yes try it again without the Migration tool. 

One thing I am curious with is my p3d entry in my main folder doesn't show .exe extension as per your illustration just p3d but if you hover the mouse over the application it does show as exe.

lol  Yes i had that as well   :blush2:   Its Not the Issue though 

Go to your Control Panel,  Type folder Options into your search bar,  Click Folder Options Click View  Untick the box "Hide extensions for Known file types"  Click Apply  

25257438044_19abba890b_o.png

Thanks so much for your guide, Elaine! It worked perfectly for me. I have the Migration Tool but I'd rather not install it if I don't have to.

• Upvote 1

Hi again Elaine,

Well I have done a new install of P3D and UT2 and this time I have got past the previous problems I had but now get the "This feature requires that smart assembly is available on this computer" error!!

Loading P3D I don't have the addons heading on the top where UT2 should appear either.

These are the settings I have done so far

Simobjects cfg.

[Entry.10]
Path=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft
Required=True
Active=True

exe.xml file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>EXE.xml</Filename>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Name>UT2</Name>
<Path>D:\Prepar3D v3\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>
<NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

I have also changed everything else exactly the way you describe so when I start the UT2 control panel it loads without a problem, I'm just now getting the smart assembly error and no traffic.  Any further suggestions please??
  • Upvote 1

Possible success!!

Had a flash of inspiration and ran the legacy simconnect files and problems appear to have gone! No error message and ut2 music plays and addons now appears with ut2 in it.

Haven't time now to fully test but will in next couple of days and report back any further issues.

Thanks for your help everybody and especially Elaine

Ian

• Upvote 1

Hey Ian.  

Very good.  Hopefully that's it.  Obviously a corrupt or missing SimConnect.msi file. 

For anybody else reading this

Located here  Prepar3D v3 ► redist ► Interface.  Click into each one, Click into lib.  Right Click and Install

25517006773_5146499c0b_o.png

Elaine thanks to you I am back in business with UT2! The only problem I had was doing a copy/paste of <Launch.Addon> when it should have been </Launch.Addon>. Even that was easy to fix because of the useful UT2 error message.

• Upvote 1

Steve Dwyer
Z370 GAMING M5 (MS-7B58)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz
MSI GeForce RTX 3060 12GB
Installed Physical Memory  32.0 GB

Hi Elaine

I was hoping for some help.  I am following step by step the install for UT2.  The problem is when I am in UT2 setup and move the install folder to P3D when I hit next it goes to the short cut folder which I leave as FlightOne.  I hit next and it say the install has been aborted due to Path to Flight simulator x is not valid.  I have put the copied EXE file in P3D and renamed it FSX.EXE.  It doesn't pick it up.

I have the latest version of P3D V3.2

I had FSX:SEand UT2 installed before but uninstalled UT2 and FSX:SE before installing P3D.

When the UT2 setup first pops up it wants to install it in FSX:SE not MSFS before I change it to the P3D folder.

Any help would be great

Thanks,

William Coade

Elaine,

Will fsx interfere with the install of ut2 if both are installed?

I hit next and it say the install has been aborted due to Path to Flight simulator x is not valid.  I have put the copied EXE file in P3D and renamed it FSX.EXE.  It doesn't pick it up.

Hello William.   The only way i could replicate this message was to delete the fsx.exe (Copy) in my prepar3D folder and run the Installer again  

26705134432_cfd9e4d67d_o.png

When you Copy and Paste your Prepar3D.exe and Rename it to fsx.exe,  it will look like this.   This might sound silly but just confirm this and try again.  

25741919936_1a773f65b2_o.png

When the UT2 setup first pops up it wants to install it in FSX:SE not MSFS before I change it to the P3D folder.

Even after you Uninstall FSX Steam,  it is possible that the UT2 Installer will still pick up on a Registry Key and want to install there,  But that will Not cause you any problems though

Just Navigate to your Prepar3D install folder like the image shows and click Next

26192959024_29b8d49520_o.png

=================================

Will fsx interfere with the install of ut2 if both are installed?

Hello Moe.  No, Not at all. The UT2 Installer will Install mostly into your Prepar3D folder and it will also Install a folder to    AppData ► Roaming ►Flight One Software ► Ultimate Traffic 2 

The only cross over there is,  is after you Install UT2, the UT2 Control Panel Path=  will want to see an fsx.exe in AppData\ Roaming \Microsoft\FSX  to operate properly. 

As you can see though,  if you manually change this to point to AppData\ Roaming \Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\FSX.cfg,  you are good to go 

============================

(3) Modifying your Path. 

Go here   Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► your user name ► AppData ► Roaming ►Flight One Software ► Ultimate Traffic 2 

As you can see the default path is to  AppData\ Roaming \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.cfg.  

This has to point to    AppData\ Roaming \Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\FSX.cfg   

So change it to  Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\FSX.cfg.   Make sure you have the correctly spelling and Observe the spaces.  Click File and Save. 

25740553286_bb63f47ef8_o.png