Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Ultimate Traffic 2 Prepar3D v3 & v4

Nice news!!  :good:

And nice to see Flight 1 back into business.

Great company, nice people and excellent customer service.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Would anyone be kind enough to share a link ?   I cant find it and feel like pulling my ears off my head   :smile:

I can't see anything about Ultimate Traffic 3 on the Ultimate Traffic 2 forum. I also can't find anything about it on Google........

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I can't see anything about Ultimate Traffic 3 on the Ultimate Traffic 2 forum. I also can't find anything about it on Google........

Nor can I. But if it does happen, let's hope that the P3d install thread on AVSim is shorter than 26 pages.

Quote:

"Yes, the series is in development! UT2 is getting rather aged, but it is of course still quite remarkable. This schedule (i.e. 2016) should hold folks over for a little while as new things are planned/being worked on."

Steve Halpern
Flight One Software

http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=14389&title=2016-schedule-data-now-released

• Upvote 1

More obtuse than saying UT3 is coming. But it's still good news as the AI addon market is pretty stale.

• Upvote 1

Thought I was in trouble for a minute :)

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Not sure what UT3 could bring new other than bug fixes for disappearing AI on water and perhaps the resetting traffic on accessing sim options. An actual clear approach option would also be welcome as the present one is just the reset traffic option renamed which deletes all AI and cause massive stutter as they spawn again. They could also expand the content by including cargo carriers, but they just as well can do that in the current version with schedule updates.

Well, for starters it needs to be 100% compatible with P3D. It also needs to include a much greater range of airline repaints, as many users probably can't be bothered to start searching and installing stuff that they expect to see "out of the box". Nobody wants fictional airline repaints to be scattered all over their meticulously detailed and accurate major airports. Then of course they need to include cargo airlines, and a full database of charter airlines.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

+1 to that. There have been so many airline mergers and equipment changes and it should be up to the developer (not the consumer) to provide those upgrades. It's payware, not playware. There's no cargo or military traffic. Is that realistic?

There's a reason that AI traffic is a weak link in flight sim immersion.

At this stage I'd be happy with an updated installer, removal of defunct airlines/liveries and traffic at places that are too new to appear in the sim and require manual intervention such as Doha Hamad International. 

I can get UT2 working in P3D but if I run the power pack to update the schedules or manually add airports then it breaks itself. UT3 can't come quick enough for me! 

• Upvote 1

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

UT2 works okay here too, but i dont get the UT2 menu in the add-on's pull down so i can't control stuff that way, i.e. CTRL-SHIRT-R etc

I was wondering if anyone had any idea how to achieve the following:

Apply an affinity mask to UT2 - so you can control which cores/LP it runs on?

Also any idea if it's possible to ensure that all AI is static? for example if you sim on vatsim and don't want the conflicts of real traffic and AI, but you would like to still see the AI scattered around the apron but ensure it's not going to move?

Also any idea if it's possible to ensure that all AI is static? for example if you sim on vatsim and don't want the conflicts of real traffic and AI, but you would like to still see the AI scattered around the apron but ensure it's not going to move?

Yeah..thats what I want too.. I hope the new UT they are eying at F1 would give us this option.. no AI flying around taking precious CPU...just sit them down all over the airport... I am ok with it... Although I don't mind a bunch of them lining up for take off... but actually not  take off. LOL :)

Without UT AI I can double my FPS..but without it at the airports, Airports suck.

• Upvote 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Yeah..thats what I want too.. I hope the new UT they are eying at F1 would give us this option.. no AI flying around taking precious CPU...just sit them down all over the airport... I am ok with it... Although I don't mind a bunch of them lining up for take off... but actually not  take off. LOL :)

Without UT AI I can double my FPS..but without it at the airports, Airports suck.

Wow, not really sure what settings you run in UT2, but i run the following for about 2 or 3% drop in FPS

Weekly @ 50% (larger jet/prop etc)

Daily @ NIL  (small ga etc)

enable jetways off

I have managed to AM UT2Services.exe to cores away from my main P3D threads, which helps a little, if i don't do this i get about 10% drop in FPS for those settings.

All i do is run a little batch file, soon as the sim is loading up i run my batch as follows:

cmd.exe /c start "UT2Services" /affinity 50 "I:\Prepar3Dv3\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe"

50 is just a bit of random HEX to get it off Core 0 & 1 where my P3D is doing most of its work.

Looking at UT2Service.exe in process explorer, its sits there idle for about 60 or 90 secs, then there's an injection of something/data etc and it gobbles about 12 or 15% of CPU for about 2-3 secs then back to idle, so i think it might be wise to get that off of the main rendering thread.