Sign in to follow this  
stro19

PMDG 777 Black Screen

Hey when I fly the 737ngx for an 6 plus hour flight, I have no issues. When I try to fly the 777 around 5.5 or 6 hours, my screen goes black. Im using Windows 10, Nvidia 970 card, Intel i7 3.4 and 32 gigs of ram.

Stacey St Romain-KIAH

Sounds like an OOM. Do you get any error messages behind the sim (which sim are you using?)?

Full names are required in the forum

Im using FSX-SE and there is no message, just a black screen and the cursor.

Stacey St Romain-KIAH

Im using FSX-SE and there is no message, just a black screen and the cursor.

You need to give us more detail. What stage of flight are you in when it happens? Does it happen after doing anything specific? What addons are you running other than the 777?

It happens while cruising, about 5-6 hours into the flight. I tried KIAH-PHNL and at about 6 hours into the flight, the screen went black. Also KIAH-PANC and at about 5.5 hours into the flight the same thing. I have Rex 4 and Soft Clouds, Active Skynext, several ORBX FTX Global Airports, FTX Global Vector, all of FSDREAM TEAM Sceneries, several Latin VFR Airports, Aerosoft Anchorage X and EZDOK.

Stacey St Romain-KIAH

It happens while cruising, about 5-6 hours into the flight. I tried KIAH-PHNL and at about 6 hours into the flight, the screen went black. Also KIAH-PANC and at about 5.5 hours into the flight the same thing. I have Rex 4 and Soft Clouds, Active Skynext, several ORBX FTX Global Airports, FTX Global Vector, all of FSDREAM TEAM Sceneries, several Latin VFR Airports, Aerosoft Anchorage X and EZDOK.

Latest nvidia drivers?

EDIT:

If so, roll them back. I just updated my drivers last week and have had a bear of a time getting my computer to run in a stable manner. Prior to that? I was fine.

Symptoms:

Random black screens

Random system freezes

Random blue screens with references to TDR (NVLDDMKM.SYS)

Kyle Rodgers

Not sure which drivers caused it, I have the latest drivers and several before this one. Nvidia said it was the card and they replaced it, but the same issue with PMDG 777. It hasnt happened with the PMDG 737NGX and I have flown some 6.5 hour flights.

Stacey St Romain-KIAH

Not sure which drivers caused it, I have the latest drivers and several before this one. Nvidia said it was the card and they replaced it, but the same issue with PMDG 777. It hasnt happened with the PMDG 737NGX and I have flown some 6.5 hour flights.

Have you reinstalled an older driver to check?

Kyle Rodgers

Yes, I went back a few, may need to go back further.

Stacey St Romain-KIAH

Yes, I went back a few, may need to go back further.

I'm running 362 in a stable situation. You may need to manually remove all parts of it, though, and then reinstall (clean).

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/467215/geforce-drivers/geforce-driver-installation-guide-a-guide-to-ensure-your-drivers-are-installed-properly-/

Kyle Rodgers

Hey, I manually remove all parts of it, and did a clean reinstall. I still get the black screen 6 hours into the flight. I tried hitting shift+enter several times and the screen came back. The flight was on pause, I unpaused it and continue the remaining 3 hours of the flight without a problem. There were no errors messages on the screen and there was no oom pining in the back ground.

Stacey St Romain-KIAH

I've been using 361.43 in Win7 64b with a GTX980Ti for several months with no problem.  That link posted by Kyle is chock full of good ideas. Thanks.

Dan Downs KCRP