Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Capt Sim 777 - PDGM 777

Hi Paul,

Yes, agree.  I was worried I would have to eat my comments I made earlier in post #10.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Found another thing I don't like about the CS version. Most of the vc lighting is not variable, just on and off. I am not sure but think the PDGM version has all variable vc lighting.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Found another thing I don't like about the CS version. Most of the vc lighting is not variable, just on and off. I am not sure but think the PDGM version has all variable vc lighting.

It does. If you're on the fence, and the money isn't an issue, my final verdict after flying both is that you absolutely need to pick up the PMDG. It has that characteristic 'feel' to it that I love so much that makes you feel like you are flying a big, heavy machine. 

- Exterior model (dimensions, detail);

That's the one point where I disagree. The CS' systems are riddle with flaws, but their exterior modeler and texture-er is an absolute artist. Although the PMDG is of course of equally good quality, I find it just a tad too shiny, and the wings don't look as good as the CS to my eye. This obviously does not outweigh the massive flaws the aircraft has, nor does it mean the PMDG exterior is bad at all. 

The CS777 was recently upgraded to v1.7 and I really enjoy the fact you can now request your flightplan in the FMC (like the PMDG) and request Performance data (like in the PMDG).  Makes programming the FMC's a bit easier. 

Hi Jim

I have recently updated my CS777 to 1.7 but haven't had chance to check it out yet. So what is the best/easiest method to request the flightplan in the FMC now?

cheers

Ian

Ian S

38.jpg

You asked all this before here and in the 777 forum. The PMDG version is better like before it's as simple as that

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hi Jim

I have recently updated my CS777 to 1.7 but haven't had chance to check it out yet. So what is the best/easiest method to request the flightplan in the FMC now?

cheers

Ian

You go to the Route page and hit the Request button.  There will be no saved flight plans as you haven't saved any yet but there will be an option for FSFltPlns.  I have several flight plans I have created for FSX and copied them over to the P3D Flight Plan folder (My Documents\Prepard3D v3 Files) so I was able to load a flight plan of choice.  If you have no Flight Plans in your P3D folder, then you will have to create a flight from scratch and enter the departing and arrival airports, then, what I do is go to the Dep/Arr Page and select a SID for departure and enter the R/W I will be departing.  Then I will click on the Dep/Arr Page and go to the Arr Page (you have to click on Index to get to the Arr Page as the default is the Dep Page).  I then enter the STAR and R/W I'll be landing at.  I then activate this route and then look at the Legs Page and make sure there are no discontinuities (there will be at least one discontinuity in the flight plan, including a Vector which I get rid of).  Once the flight plan is completed then I go to the Perf page and hit the Request button and it will fill in all of the entries except the reserve tank and I usually put a 5 in there.  I'll look at what they recommend for flight level as I like to go no higher than FL240 and "Operations" usually wants me to go higher (when you hit the Request button, the info is being electronically transmitted from your airline headquarters).  I then go to the last page and set my flaps to 15 and then click next to each speed recommended for takeoff.  I then go to the Legs page so I can monitor the flight.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

You go to the Route page and hit the Request button.  There will be no saved flight plans as you haven't saved any yet but there will be an option for FSFltPlns.  I have several flight plans I have created for FSX and copied them over to the P3D Flight Plan folder (My Documents\Prepard3D v3 Files) so I was able to load a flight plan of choice.  If you have no Flight Plans in your P3D folder, then you will have to create a flight from scratch and enter the departing and arrival airports, then, what I do is go to the Dep/Arr Page and select a SID for departure and enter the R/W I will be departing.  Then I will click on the Dep/Arr Page and go to the Arr Page (you have to click on Index to get to the Arr Page as the default is the Dep Page).  I then enter the STAR and R/W I'll be landing at.  I then activate this route and then look at the Legs Page and make sure there are no discontinuities (there will be at least one discontinuity in the flight plan, including a Vector which I get rid of).  Once the flight plan is completed then I go to the Perf page and hit the Request button and it will fill in all of the entries except the reserve tank and I usually put a 5 in there.  I'll look at what they recommend for flight level as I like to go no higher than FL240 and "Operations" usually wants me to go higher (when you hit the Request button, the info is being electronically transmitted from your airline headquarters).  I then go to the last page and set my flaps to 15 and then click next to each speed recommended for takeoff.  I then go to the Legs page so I can monitor the flight.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Hi Jim

Thanks very much for the detailed response, much appreciated. 

Cheers

Ian

Ian S

38.jpg

This is just my honest opinion. CS makes unfinished and buggy low entry level planes. If you want a quality 777 in every way possible then you don't need to look any further then PMDG.

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

I totally agree Pete but some members do not want to spend a lot of money on an aircraft and the CS version is a good alternative.  I'm happy to hear you like the PMDG version.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

It does. If you're on the fence, and the money isn't an issue, my final verdict after flying both is that you absolutely need to pick up the PMDG. It has that characteristic 'feel' to it that I love so much that makes you feel like you are flying a big, heavy machine. 

That's the one point where I disagree. The CS' systems are riddle with flaws, but their exterior modeler and texture-er is an absolute artist. Although the PMDG is of course of equally good quality, I find it just a tad too shiny, and the wings don't look as good as the CS to my eye. This obviously does not outweigh the massive flaws the aircraft has, nor does it mean the PMDG exterior is bad at all. 

So yes or no or.....

So yes or no or.....

If the question is "should I buy the PMDG", then it's a yes. If you read my post carefully, I clearly say that the PMDG is much better, and even though the CS has a marginally better exterior model the PMDG's is still just great.