Sign in to follow this  
davecessna

So what's going on at REX?

Well I am sure this update will come at some time so those of you who do have FEX for FSX, make use of the beta as it is just involves replacing an old EXE file with a new EXE and see what that offers.

I believe there is another post about that somewhere though so will not go in to that too much.

So what really happened here? I had REX4 installed and all my textures installed since 3.0. Did going from 3.1 to 3.2 removes the cloud textures? Everything looked the same to me? Are people saying that going with FEX for P3D gives way better frames in clouds vs REX?

I remember back when 2.0 was out they were talking about being able to change the color of that horrible blue water, Anyone know whatever happened to that idea?

Why would it take so long just to fix soft clouds?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

So what really happened here? I had REX4 installed and all my textures installed since 3.0. Did going from 3.1 to 3.2 removes the cloud textures? Everything looked the same to me? Are people saying that going with FEX for P3D gives way better frames in clouds vs REX?

Whatever gave you those ideas? Nothing has been removed, everything is the same indeed and no one here ever said FEX gives better frames...?

An update on the situation here. It's going to be a while.

Why would it take so long just to fix soft clouds?

I would not be surprised in the slightest if some of the activities documented in this thread are having an impact on their testing base. I don't blame REX one bit if they need to take some more time to determine what happened before they resume any further test distributions.

Conversely, if it is a technical issue they are working to overcome, it just goes to show that a moving target like Prepar3D isn't all fun and games all the time.

Either way - patience, grasshoppers. It's only been a week.

-Greg

Whatever gave you those ideas? Nothing has been removed, everything is the same indeed and no one here ever said FEX gives better frames...?

I must of read something in another thread and misapplied the information my bad. Anyways if REX was already installed and textures uploaded do I have this problem mentioned here? I am still trying to figure what if anything REX wise is broken. 

I must of read something in another thread and misapplied the information my bad. Anyways if REX was already installed and textures uploaded do I have this problem mentioned here? I am still trying to figure what if anything REX wise is broken. 

I start being confused as well. I understood that the low clouds got broken if you install soft clouds into 3.2. All other textures should work as intended, i.e. water, runways, lightning etc. Is that correct or not?

Hans

Your last installed textures by REX are in sim and if you dont install other textures over them you will be fine  

If you use non REX textures you will not be able to replace them back until  REX update

Rich Sennett

Anyways if REX was already installed and textures uploaded do I have this problem mentioned here?

I didn't. Luckily I spotted the issue on this forum before trying new textures in REX4 so all looks OK.

Just don't try updating your clouds in REX until they fix their software.

I'm ditching REX for FEX anyway - always found their textures more realistic in FSX.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Your last installed textures by REX are in sim and if you dont install other textures over them you will be fine  

If you use non REX textures you will not be able to replace them back until  REX update

Thanks Rich, the consequence would then be that a new install of Texture Direct which does not change clouds would also result in getting the other textures as before (provided that the existing textures were rolled back to stock)?

Hans

So if I upgraded to P3D V 3.2.3 and REX4 was installed before the upgrade, I understand that since I upgrade Client, Content and Scenery my REX clouds are gone (overwritten by Scenery update) and I'm going to have to wait for them to update REX4.

Whats wrong with soft cloud in V3.2? Mine looks ok... Hmmm.. What am I missing?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

To update the crowd here.

1.) We released a new major update to REX Texture Direct, Texture Direct w/ Soft Clouds, and Soft Clouds about 2 weeks ago.  This included fixes for P3D 3.1

2.) LM released P3D v3.2 last week.  They changed several key elements that caused our fixes to be obsolete or cause problems.   Immediately, we went into investigation mode to find out what was going on.  Therefore, we suspended our updates to try to prevent additional issues.

3.) During our current beta testing - some how our beta codes and beta test was released publically without authorization.  So we had to delete all files and codes and start over.

4.) Presently we are working on a few other fixes we found and will be releasing a PUBLIC beta likely tomorrow at the latest.  Provided NOTHING weird happens like #2 or #3.

We thank you all for your patience and support of REX.  Our goal is ALWAYS to provide the best experience, but sometimes things get a little wacky.  

• Upvote 8

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com