Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

TEXTUREMAXLOAD=?

Hey guys

Just wantin know if any of you are using this tweak?

My sim is running nice and smooth. But some major airports like EGLL in the pmdg 777

Panning in vc airport in and out of sight.

Airport get black squares takes a second to load. I am using ssd's

It's not a major issue but hey if I can get the textures to load faster that'll be great.

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike (mikeymike),

I use a value of 30 for TextureMaxLoad. This is likely to be system dependent.

Also, I found leaving TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT at 30 works well for me.

I guess sometimes we have to accept that LM know what they are doing :)

Regards,

Mike

I never touched anything on the prepar3d.cfg file and I let the the software to work on their own tweak. I always received a great sim without touching the CFG file.

Tried yourself, by deleting the cfg file and let the sim build on their own. Than you work on the configuration of the sim itself.

My%20Signature.jpg

From the P3D site:

[DISPLAY]

TextureMaxLoad=6

Non-Default entry. This entry will not exist in your Prepar3D.cfg file by default and must be added to the file.

Performance Tuning Tip:

This can induce stutters. Use multiples of 3 only such as 3, 6, 9, etc. This is perfect for photorealistic scenery

Instead, we can choose values between 10 and 200 with TBM, and no stutter:

[Display]

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=180 (Smoother texture handling with medium+ autogen.)

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=10 (Smoother frame rate with very low or no autogen.)

With a well tuned system these will make only small differences, and is hard to see without careful measurement.

I've been testing recently on an older system with PMDG and Mega EHAM and it's not a problem for it. Perhaps something else is causing a problem, and these cfg tweaks won't help out in this case.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Hi Mike (mikeymike),

I use a value of 30 for TextureMaxLoad. This is likely to be system dependent.

Also, I found leaving TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT at 30 works well for me.

I guess sometimes we have to accept that LM know what they are doing :)

Regards,

Mike

Cheers mate

I am assuming that texturemaxload is not in cfg by default?

Only tweaks I have in cfg are fftf 0.01 and am 116 30hz running smooth as silk

Like I said not a major problem and it's only at larger airports.

Mike

From the P3D site:[DISPLAY]TextureMaxLoad=6Non-Default entry. This entry will not exist in your Prepar3D.cfg file by default and must be added to the file.Performance Tuning Tip:This can induce stutters. Use multiples of 3 only such as 3, 6, 9, etc. This is perfect for photorealistic scenery Instead, we can choose values between 10 and 200 with TBM, and no stutter:[Display]TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=180 (Smoother texture handling with medium+ autogen.)TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=10 (Smoother frame rate with very low or no autogen.)With a well tuned system these will make only small differences, and is hard to see without careful measurement.I've been testing recently on an older system with PMDG and Mega EHAM and it's not a problem for it. Perhaps something else is causing a problem, and these cfg tweaks won't help out in this case.

Thank you Steve

I am running an i7 4790k non oc with 2 Titans sc 2x ssd 2x8gb 1600mhz 8,8,8,24 ram

H110 water cooler corsair hx 850w

My system is quite powerful

Only cfg tweaks and AM 116 and fftf 0.01 ht on process lasso for addons etc etc as advised by you

All my textures are set at 1024 at 30hz unlimited fps vsync tripple buffer on 30hz

P3d settings medium

Sim is running smooth as silk just the pan in vc pmdg 777 with black squares for a second while airport loads

Cheers

Mike

Seems a good enough setup. You got NI limit set to 30 as well? FFTF try 0.4.

Seems a good enough setup. You got NI limit set to 30 as well? FFTF try 0.4.

No I haven't

Arm I have enhance the application setting

4xsgss Atm until I get a 4K which I haven't had any major issues through dense clouds don't know how others have reported bad stutters and fps drops

And high quality texture

Will try fftf 0.4

Cheers

Mike

Could be SGSS capping your performance.

Also may be a good idea to create a fresh NI profile since the latest drivers.

Till last weekend I used TBM=400.

Then I had P3D make a new cfg which has TBM=30.

I have not been able to defect any improvements. Also no loss of framerate or smoothness.

Therefore I have it at default and no TML entry either.

The P3D guide is the same since a long time and the sim is evolving...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

That's right Gerard, should be very little difference, hard to spot, have to change autogen values as well, and take care about framerate, they all go into the mix.

Guy's, when observing changes and tweaks, make sure to let the sim run for a couple of minutes before comparing. Keep your eyes off the display for at least a minute until all those concurrent processes are up and running and the sim has settled down internally.

Could be SGSS capping your performance.Also may be a good idea to create a fresh NI profile since the latest drivers.

I don't think it's sgss i tried with it off and same thing only at larger airports EGLL yssy Cyyz

I will update nvidia drivers to latest tonight and new cfg and reset inspector and delete shaders and see if that helps

If it continues well, I can live with it and it's only with larger airports and ai for a split second not scenery outside airport and onwards panning

Cheers

Mike

Why do you have a unlocked cpu and h110 running at stock?

I'm pretty certain overclocking it without even changing any settings will improve texture loading.

Why do you have a unlocked cpu and h110 running at stock?

I'm pretty certain overclocking it without even changing any settings will improve texture loading.

No need to overclock mate.

4.4 GHz is enough power

It's all about balance.