Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

TEXTUREMAXLOAD=?

Hi Mike (mikeymike),

I use a value of 30 for TextureMaxLoad. This is likely to be system dependent.

Also, I found leaving TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT at 30 works well for me.

I guess sometimes we have to accept that LM know what they are doing :)

Regards,

Mike

Correct that is what I'm using to TML=30 and with TBM=100 there is actually a formula to calculate what is the best setting for your hardware.... ;-)

André

No need to overclock mate.

4.4 GHz is enough power

It's all about balance.

You said non oc so I assumed it was at its stock speed. 4.4ghz is a decent overclock in fact.

Correct that is what I'm using to TML=30 and with TBM=100 there is actually a formula to calculate what is the best setting for your hardware.... ;-)

Doesn't that only worked for locked frames?

You said non oc so I assumed it was at its stock speed. 4.4ghz is a decent overclock in fact.

It's not overclocked it is stock

Yes and No ;-) in case of the SIM NO but of course locked external ;-)

So you will need a locked value.

It's asking for problems in general not to work with a locked value.

André

It's not overclocked it is stock

Nope the stock clock speed for the 4790k is 4.0ghz so that is overclocked. Just that it's an automatic overclock :).

Yes and No ;-) in case of the SIM NO but of course locked external ;-)

So you will need a locked value.

It's asking for problems in general not to work with a locked value.

Hmm I was under the impression that locking the fps externally wouldn't affect any in game settings. Has that changed? From what I remember for tweaks such as TBM and TML as well as FFTF you'd have to lock the fps internally (which was and is still a stutter fest for me)

Regards,

Shanan

Nope the stock clock speed for the 4790k is 4.0ghz so that is overclocked. Just that it's an automatic overclock :).

Hmm I was under the impression that locking the fps externally wouldn't affect any in game settings. Has that changed? From what I remember for tweaks such as TBM and TML as well as FFTF you'd have to lock the fps internally (which was and is still a stutter fest for me)

Regards,

Shanan

FFTF I found never us full the other two are since FSX time with me and are working very well (despite this is a different sim)...

Locking local here external (via NVI) is working fine I'm at 40 FPS and it's between 39 and 42 no huge spikes smooth sailing :-)

The opinions about locking FPS internal, well I find it's still not working as it should or could be... 

André

I think this has been discussed before and it was established that in order to use TML and TBM with the formula an internal limit has to be set.

Because the external limiters simply set a maximum fps target but do not communicate in any way with the sim settings. However the internal fps limit communicates with many of the in game/sim settings and tweaks and that's why it produces so many different results with different settings and tweaks.

So I may be wrong but I think that by doing that your sim is just reverting to default values or in other words your TML and TBM additions are being nullified.

Edit : TML may actually have an impact with unlimited frames. But not TBM.

Mike I also just realized you said you are running unlimited frames. In that case FFTF will do absolutely nothing for you. The fiber frame time fraction tweak has to be used with an Internal FPS limit.

Regards,

Shanan

From the P3D site:

[DISPLAY]

TextureMaxLoad=6

[DISPLAY]

TextureMaxLoad=6

Steve you know my system should I put this in my cfg. file - thank you

Rich Sennett

Leave it out Rich, not really needed. As the guys are saying, mostly this comes into play when locking and setting various mounts of autogen or complexity of scenery.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I think this has been discussed before and it was established that in order to use TML and TBM with the formula an internal limit has to be set.

Because the external limiters simply set a maximum fps target but do not communicate in any way with the sim settings. However the internal fps limit communicates with many of the in game/sim settings and tweaks and that's why it produces so many different results with different settings and tweaks.

So I may be wrong but I think that by doing that your sim is just reverting to default values or in other words your TML and TBM additions are being nullified.

Edit : TML may actually have an impact with unlimited frames. But not TBM.

Mike I also just realized you said you are running unlimited frames. In that case FFTF will do absolutely nothing for you. The fiber frame time fraction tweak has to be used with an Internal FPS limit.

Regards,

Shanan

Well test local ;-) and no it's not reverting to default values tested of course lol...

To add it all depends on your hardware and software in use not one config is the same ;-)

André

Leave it out Rich, not really needed. As the guys are saying, mostly this comes into play when locking and setting various mounts of autogen or complexity of scenery.

Much thanks Steve you the Man  :wink:

Rich Sennett

It's not so much setting a Fixed fps that's a requirement, it's just that fps flapping around with Unlimited means no sensible value can be ascertained. However using the NI limit and Vsync+TB+Unlimited is similar in that a fairly consistent fps is maintained. After all, the Fixed setting still blasts away making the next frame as soon as it can.

I was getting the slow texture loading as described by the OP, and after reading Steve's post I set a TBM value of 180, and the slow loading has ceased. I have my fps locked @30 in P3D.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Nice work Julian. Good idea to try that since it can find a sweet spot. Depends on a lot of factors, the fps and scenery complexity, screen size...

Thanks for the responses guys

So I should delete fftf have fps locked at 30 vsync tripple buffer off and TBM at 180 for best results?

Cheers

Mike

I was getting the slow texture loading as described by the OP, and after reading Steve's post I set a TBM value of 180, and the slow loading has ceased. I have my fps locked @30 in P3D.

Hi

Were you getting slow loading textures (split second) at only large airports as I have or the whole scenery in general?

Thanks