Sign in to follow this  
ashepherd316

Best windows for P3D V3.2

What is the best windows for p3d v3.2 i am currently running windows 10 but would i get better performance on windows 7 or 8 thanks.

Alexander Shepherd

I was reluctant to jump from 7 to 10, but thought I would give it a shot. Wouldn't look back!

• Upvote 1

I was reluctant to jump from 7 to 10, but thought I would give it a shot. Wouldn't look back!

Did you just do the upgrade or did you do a complete reinstall?

NAX669.png

Did you just do the upgrade or did you do a complete reinstall?

Do an upgrade to get that license going - then you can do a fresh install right in side windows 10 this is what I did worked awesome

Rich Sennett

Do an upgrade to get that license going - then you can do a fresh install right in side windows 10 this is what I did worked awesome

Rich,

Thanks for the response. Was it a side by side type of thing or was it a complete reformat and install?

NAX669.png

Rich,

Thanks for the response. Was it a side by side type of thing or was it a complete reformat and install?

Complete format on that Mike - trouble free updating first then a format - if you dont know where that is i will try to find it - write down your password for future installs - i need to find mine oops - lol 

Rich Sennett

Complete format on that Mike - trouble free updating first then a format - if you dont know where that is i will try to find it - write down your password for future installs - i need to find mine oops - lol 

Forgot password instructions here 

http://www.howtogeek.com/222262/how-to-reset-your-forgotten-password-in-windows-10/

Thanks, I just did a full install of Windows 10 after I rebuilt my wife's computer. I really am due for a clean installation as it's been a couple of years. Windows 7 has been so good that I'm reluctant to mess with it.

NAX669.png

Thanks, I just did a full install of Windows 10 after I rebuilt my wife's computer. I really am due for a clean installation as it's been a couple of years. Windows 7 has been so good that I'm reluctant to mess with it.

Looking to find out if your microsoft account sign in is in-fact your windows install password - do you know ? thanks Mike

Forgotten password here - very easy

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/how-to-reset-your-microsoft-account-password

Rich Sennett

Thanks again Rich. I bookmarked it. Some time in the near future I'll do a clean install.

NAX669.png

Thanks again Rich. I bookmarked it. Some time in the near future I'll do a clean install.

There you go works a treat - I did it was painless - just sit back and let it do its thing - I reset my Microsoft account password for my next install -pretty sure thats what you use to get it installed - Your welcome

Rich Sennett

There you go works a treat - I did it was painless - just sit back and let it do its thing - I reset my Microsoft account password for my next install -pretty sure thats what you use to get it installed - Your welcome

Or simply install without an MS account like I do.  :wink: What would you need an MS account for anyway.  :hi:

Step 1 thru 5 is how to format and do a nice clean install of windows 10 within windows 10 - nice

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/clean-install-windows-10/

Interesting link but not entirely correct: it says in the end "Also note that installing Windows 10 fresh on a computer by booting from the installation media will require you to buy a new Windows 10 license." This is NOT the case when you install W10 on a computer on which you had W10 already activated: MS will know and recognize that computer and it will activate W10 automatically after installing. You should however SKIP the question for a serial during install because that will confuse the activation servers.

Another thing: the media creation tool isn't only handy for W7 and W8 computers but also if you already have W10 because when you create that disk the very latest files will be pulled from the servers and so you will be installing the very latest version of W10 and this will save you quite some time downloading and installing Windows updates after the initial install. (I am not entirely sure if the Reset option from within W10 also gives you the latest version of W10: probably so but I haven't read about that yet somewhere.)

Interesting link but not entirely correct: it says in the end "Also note that installing Windows 10 fresh on a computer by booting from the installation media will require you to buy a new Windows 10 license." This is NOT the case when you install W10 on a computer on which you had W10 already activated: MS will know and recognize that computer and it will activate W10 automatically after installing. You should however SKIP the question for a serial during install because that will confuse the activation servers.

i noticed this myself with a clean Windows 10 installation.

Now is it possible to enter W10 without a password/pin code ?

Is anyone using the Windows 10 Defender as well ?

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

i noticed this myself with a clean Windows 10 installation.

Now is it possible to enter W10 without a password/pin code ?

Is anyone using the Windows 10 Defender as well ?

Michael Moe

Yes for the first question...

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/disable-login-screen-in-windows-10/

No for me for the second, do yourself a favor, and dont run any live anti virus or anti malware on a game pc, you are just looking for troubles :) just be carefull on what you install and run malwarebytes from time to time...

http://www.ghacks.net/2015/10/25/how-to-disable-windows-defender-in-windows-10-permanently/

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

If you install Windows 10 without logging in to your MS account you won't have to enter a password at all anywhere. I have never logged in into my MS account on W10. Can't see any advantage in doing so.