Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Helton

Operations Center Aircraft Specific Settings

The PMDG Operations Center's aircraft specific settings per livery do not seem to be having any effect on the airplane.  I noticed this when I flew the United livery the other day and the EFIS/MAP was up even though PFD/ND was selected and saved in the Operations Center.   This could also explain my autolanding issues if it's not recognizing my fail operational setting.

Is there a recommended fix for this?

Is there a recommended fix for this?

Running the Operations Center as an administrator?

Kyle Rodgers

Oh, Windows, how I love thee.... Yes, it turns out that not running PMDG as an administrator was the reason behind all my livery and autoland issues.  It would have been nice to have a popup in the OC letting me know that was required, as it would have saved a LOT of my time.

Kyle, thank you for thinking outside the box and making that suggestion!!!  There was nothing wrong with the NGX or the pilot after all. :)

Kyle, thank you for thinking outside the box and making that suggestion!!!  There was nothing wrong with the NGX or the pilot after all. :)

Glad that helped!

Kyle Rodgers

It would have been nice to have a popup in the OC letting me know that was required, as it would have saved a LOT of my time.

It would be nice if you would read the PMDG NGX Introduction Manual page 20-21.

In order to save any livery specific changes, the Operations Center MUST be run with admin approval in Windows.  Failure to do so will not allow FSX to recognize livery specific settings even when the OC records those settings as changed and saved.

It would be nice if you would read the PMDG NGX Introduction Manual page 20-21.

Page 20-21 refers to running FSX as an administrator, not the Operations Center.

Page 20-21 refers to running FSX as an administrator, not the Operations Center
I apologize for providing you with incorrect information. Sorry about that.

Page 20-21 refers to running FSX as an administrator, not the Operations Center.

The program referenced is different, but the concept is actually the same: the program isn't being allowed to write to external files. Both the OC and FSX change the same files regarding our aircraft, particular to the aircraft specific options. You can force any program to always run as admin in the Properties for the .exe (or even when right clicking the shortcut).

Kyle Rodgers