Sign in to follow this  
JNS

How to turn off ORBX scenery

Hi.  I was wondering what is the best way, if there IS a way, to turn off ORBX scenery without actually uninstalling it and use the default scenery.  Will making the ORBX scenery inactive in the Scenery Library do the job or is it more involved than that?   I have installed FTX Global Base, FTX Vector, Open LC Europe, No. Cal. Region, Meigs, and Trees.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

As you say, just like any other scenery.. untick it in the Scenery Library.. there will be numerous ones to be done but they are always clearly labelled as FTX

Thanks, Robb, I was hoping that would do it.

Jeff

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

...Just discovered also that it was also necessary to remove any FTX region flatten elevation fixes from Scenery/World/Scenery folder as when I just unticked the regions in my scenery library many elevation problems arose...I just backed them up from from Scen/World/Scenery and and then removed them at the same time I unticked the regions in the sim...worked perfect...to reinstall regions i just re-ticked the sceneries in the sim and repasted the backed up elevation fixes into Scen/World/Scen...hope this helps someone...I'm no expert but wanted to share this discovery...cheers ..Pete

I think, if you have ORBX in an external library, the altitude stub files are there to and not in the sims Scenery\world\scenery folder. Unticking is not as easy then, since the ORBX sceneries are added by add-on.xml, which need to be disabled either from outside, manually, with a tool like Lorby Addon Manager or SimstarterNG or inside the sim, unticking them all (hard work). Maybe just moving all add-on.xml folders for ORBX sceneries from Prepar3D v5 addons to a store place outside, before starting the sim, would do it the fastest way. 

This is something they should have included in the Central application, too bad. 

• Upvote 2

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

7 hours ago, Flyer72 said:

...Just discovered also that it was also necessary to remove any FTX region flatten elevation fixes from Scenery/World/Scenery folder

Depends on what version of P3d you are using. Since 4.5 or 5 (I don't remember exactly when), it is the last airport definition which defines the altitude...

I have suppress ALL the so called _alt.bgl folders from my add-on.xml with no issue. Unfortunetly, they are sometimes mixed with other "global" files. Needs to be careful.

Gérard

It is much easier if you use Lorby's excellent P3D Add-On Organizer. It is free and you can define groups for quick enable/disable.

• Upvote 3

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).