Sign in to follow this  
asanal

OOM nightmare

Thanks for yours responses. :smile:

Zoran, yes now I know it.

Michael,  where is HT located ?

Peter, That is the fist time I had a  OOM with Q400

Tom, I just recently downloaded from PMDG my account.

Peter, MY settings are as follow:

Settings-Graphic

FXAA On

MSAA 8 Samples

Texture Filtering  Anisotropic 16x

Texture Resolution 2048x2048

Frame Rate Controls: Vsync On Triple Buffering OF

Target frame rate 24

Hardware Tessellation OFF

Mipmap VC panes ON

SCENERY

Terrain Level of details MAX

Mesh Complexity Ultra

Mesh resolution 5cm

Texture resolution 7 cm

WATER

Water Detail: 0

REFLECTION

User Vehicle On

Sim Objects On

Terrain, Vegetation, Buildings On

SECENERY OBJECTS

Scenery complexity :Normal

Autegen Vegetation :Density Normal

Autegen  building density: Extremely Dense

Special effects detail :Off

Special Distance: Off

WEATHER

Visual Settings

Cloud  Draw Distance : 90 mi

Volumetric Fog ON

Detailed Clouds ON

LIGHTING

HDR ON

Brightness 0.8

Bloom 0.7

Saturation 0.8

Landing Lights illuminate ground ON

Lens Flare ON

SHADOWS

Quality ULTRA

Treain Distance 0

Cloud Shadow Cast Distance 0

Object Shadow Cast Distance 12000

TRAFFIC

Airline 10

GAT  5

Airport Vehicle 0

Road Vehicles 10

Ship 0

Boats 0

Serge, Bitsum is running

Erich,  I don't have Orbx region and add-on Airports I have Only FTX Global+Vector

Matt, I will check.

Rick, How can I check memory leak

Vu, I have to uninstall FSX Global+Vector, Rex, ASN, PMDG 737, Fs2Crew, PMDG 77x,then I reinstall 777X . Is it correct?

I recently downloaded 77x from my PMDG account

Rick, I love Q400, OOM happened first time.

Luke: 64bit I hope so

G-YMML1,  I have 2048, LOD6,5 will reduce 4.5

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

I have to disagree...

79jBBIe.png

FTX OpenLC, Australia, AYPY airport, VECTOR, 4096 textures, ASN, quite a lot of other stuff running, PMDG737 and as you can see i still have 1875MB of free memory.

Something is causing those OOMs and it's not coming from the T7.

Shadow quality? CPU and core speed?

Ahmet reduce shadows to high. Or go into the config file and reduce shadow cascades to a maximum of 6 for every value.

Also check that your ground shadow texture is no higher than 2048 in the config file. Setting it lower will probably help also.

Shadows:

In my Config File:

SHADOW_CASCADES_LOW=4

SHADOW_CASCADES_MID=5

SHADOW_CASCADES_HIGH=7

SHADOW_CASCADES_ULTRA=12

What will be the proper number ?

Thanks

Ahmet Sanal

Do not turn off Hyperthreading to reduce VAS footprint, instead, in your Prepar3D.cfg put this:

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=21760

With 16 logical processors the sim will create 16 jobs and use up a lot of VAS. 21760 is recommended for the 8 core HT Enabled. If that doesn't stop it, you've got something chewing up your VAS.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Shadow quality? CPU and core speed?

Ahmet reduce shadows to high. Or go into the config file and reduce shadow cascades to a maximum of 6 for every value.

Also check that your ground shadow texture is no higher than 2048 in the config file. Setting it lower will probably help also.

It's a 4970K at 4.6GHz. Speed makes no difference at all. Shadows max, autogen one notch below max, all the rest is maxed except mesh which is set at 5m. GTX980.

Hyperthreading is enabled.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

asanal, on 15 Mar 2016 - 5:06 PM, said:

SCENERY

Terrain Level of details MAX

Mesh Complexity Ultra

SECENERY OBJECTS

Autegen building density: Extremely Dense

That may be your problem. Autogen buildings are a killer, especially in

urban areas. I have a much more modest system than you and therefore avoid

flying to/over the NYC area altogether because it kills P3D if I do that.

I have read somewhere that P3D settings are more dense than FSX settings

to begin with (normal P3D = extreme FSX). P3D is built for future PCs,

just like FSX was in its time. I guess moderation is the way to go.

Peter

Peter, I will cumulate all above information, and implement to my PC.

Thanks

Ahmet Sanal

Reduce a bit the Autogen!!!!! OOM are the hell!

Throw the TEXTUREMAXLOAD back a bit, set it to 2048 that will reduce the memory-load to the g.c (graphic card)

even in p3d.cfg add HIGHMEMFIX=1 this will use all your graphic card memory and use the RAM. Even try to get ORBX trees those reduce the memory load and improve frame rates. 

Any questions ASK me dude! I'm for help i know the nightmare of FSX and P3D :D 

IT took me three month to upgrading my pc to HIGH END with GPU Titanx CPU i7-5960X and installed P3d v3.2 with out any problem. Finally I said to my self I have everything, now I can fly with PMDG 77X .

Just to help you or anyone else understand.... As has been alluded to, theres a 4 gb limit that can only be accessed. In theory , If NASAs super computers were able to run FSX or P3D they would still have the potential to OOM. Powerful PC has nothing to do with it.

And no one addon is responsible for OOMs. Not PMDG, Not Q400, REX, or any other addon. Not sure why people keep saying, I only OOM with  PMDG. Unless theres a memory leak, PMDG cannot cause the OOM. Its the culmination of all addons running and settings which are using the Virtual Address Space (VAS). Case in point, you can run a PMDG aircraft all day every day and never ever OOM if you had no other addons, and lowered settings to minimum. The memory footprint used is far less from the 4gb limit. Now if you put the settings up to max, and install a high end airport, and you OOM, whos responsible for it? Still no one. Its just the combination of all addons using the 4gb memory space. So you have to compromise so things use less memory. Obviously we are not going to give up a PMDG aircraft, so we turn down settings, and use low texture clouds, and install a lesser textured size airport install if it provides etc.

Hope that helps to understand it better.

• Upvote 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Shadows:

In my Config File:

SHADOW_CASCADES_LOW=4

SHADOW_CASCADES_MID=5

SHADOW_CASCADES_HIGH=7

SHADOW_CASCADES_ULTRA=12

What will be the proper number ?

Thanks

High and ultra should be reduced to 6.

It's a 4970K at 4.6GHz. Speed makes no difference at all. Shadows max, autogen one notch below max, all the rest is maxed except mesh which is set at 5m. GTX980.

Hyperthreading is enabled.

Speed does make a difference. Your autogen settings is probably what prevents your sim from ooms.

Go back a few pages there was a thread discussing processing power and what it does for VAS usage. Of course it's not a huge jump in VAS for every additional 100 MHz but it does still affect it. What has a higher impact is using a wrong AM or too many cores.

Besides high resolution sceneries and/or aircraft I have found something that absolutely brings about OOMs is the amount of scenery you have active in your scenery library.  I don't know how or why it works this way, but even if you are flying on the other side of the world to a particular scenery and it is active in your scenery library, the scenery you are nowhere near can be loading in the background and adding to your VAS usage.  Not all scenery will, but some scenery will.  If you use some type of process explorer to track the VAS, you will be able to see exactly which files are adding to the VAS.  

It is inconvenient to do so, but sometimes you may be better off just editing your scenery.cfg to enable just the areas you will be flying to, from and perhaps scenery along your route of flight.  Just checking/unchecking scenery may suffice(I'm not 100% sure on this), but you definitely don't need to uninstall anything, just disable it or remove the entry from your Scenery.cfg.

You can save different scenery.cfgs and label them for different geographical areas you may be flying.

Cheers,

is the amount of scenery you have active in your scenery library

A good tip, as that is precisely what I do. Only activate the scenery for the area I'll be flying from and into.

A good tip, as that is precisely what I do. Only activate the scenery for the area I'll be flying from and into.

No difference. I have 600 entries, all enabled. It's something else.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Just use Scenery Config Editor.  Its really setup for FSX and FSX-SE but if you point to P3D it will work. Allows you to turn off all unnecessary scenery for the specific flight.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

No difference. I have 600 entries, all enabled. It's something else.

Appreciated, but it depends on what the entries are and of course where and what you are flying.  I'm not saying it is the OP's problem, but I have seen VAS used by sceneries thousands of KMs from where I am flying.  I also have just under 500 entries at the moment and don't encounter OOMs.  If I enable just the PR I have for the US and then New York City and airports, and try and fly in New York, I can not take off without crashing with an OOM.

Just use Scenery Config Editor.  Its really setup for FSX and FSX-SE but if you point to P3D it will work. Allows you to turn off all unnecessary scenery for the specific flight.

This is what I use also.  I used to edit the scenery.cfg manually but this tool saves so much time and is very easy to use.  Best of all it's free.

Cheers,