Sign in to follow this  
Guest CWD

Carenado's new one

Guest ThrottleUp

lcseale53 - Wow I had no idea the 206 could do all that! What is the engine horsepower on your plane!?Also is the Caravan the next step up from a 206?:)

Hi Nevin,My U206B has a Continental IO-520-F rated at 300 hp. The full 300 hp is delivered at 2850 rpm and is limited to five minutes. I normally start pulling it back as soon as I have climb speed established though, so I may be at max output for only 30 seconds - give or take. A continuous 285 hp, however, is allowed at 2700 rpm. Fuel burn at that setting is above 20 gph, though, so for both recreational flying and traveling I pull the prop back to 2350 rpm and 23.5 inches of manifold pressure. That gives me around 65% power at a fuel burn of a little less than 13 gph. As noted in a previous post, however, the 206 is not a speed demon so those settings show me 145 mph TAS at 5,500 ft. If I want to burn a little more fuel and cruise at a little higher altitude, TAS goes up to around 160. The next step up - sort of - was the 207. This is essentially a stretched 206 with a 7th and optionally 8th seat. I don't think the capacity or performance numbers varied much - except that the 207 is probably heavier, reducing the payload. Someone else may know more about the specs on the 207. Then came the Caravan.BTW - I miss the little penguin warrior but the smiley with the headset makes a nice replacement.Best,Leon

A floatplane would be great!I hope the next project of Carenado ( or someone else) would be a C185 or even better C195. Also would like to have a Piper Chieftain...

Guest CWD

>>A floatplane would be great!>>I hope the next project of Carenado ( or someone else) would>be a C185 or even better C195. Also would like to have a Piper>Chieftain...>>Aerial Foundry's doing a C185.