Sign in to follow this  
ferrariman15

The reason why I love PMDG products, please never change.

Just had to create a thread to detail why I believe any gripes with PMDG's prices compared to other developers should be taken with a pinch of salt. We pay for the phenomenal attention to detail that PMDG puts into its products. Today I realised why I always enjoy coming back to flying PMDG aircraft.

I am part of British Airways Virtual or BAV as we are now called due to IP issues. As everyone knows BA have an extensive fleet of 777 and have a lot of variants within the fleet for different passenger demands for each destination around the globe. The PMDG 777 is probably the best aircraft on the simulation market but the ability to customise your 777 to accurately reflect the airline you are flying under is something I have only seen PMDG and a couple of other very high quality addon producers do. At BAV one of our members has produced a configuration file for every 777 in the BA fleet so all we have to do is load up our 777 at say Heathrow and then select the equipment options and load in the file for the aircraft we are flying. That will select all the various options that that particular aircraft has fitted in real life in the sim. That is just unbelievable attention to detail! There is only two other aircraft addons producers that go into as much detail as that.

Please please PMDG never ever change! I am definitely someone who doesn't care about your pricing policies because the sheer attention to detail is worth every single penny/dime/cent (where ever you are in the world  :P ).

Anyway had to get that off my chest  :smile:

David Thwaites

Just being curious, but what other two aircraft add-on producers do you feel go to the same level of detail?

You get what you pay for indeed.

I am amazed and completely in awe every time I fly a PMDG aircraft. It provides a huge sense of accomplishment when you fly it by the book and is just a great way to spend free time.

Just being curious, but what other two aircraft add-on producers do you feel go to the same level of detail?

If I was to hazard a guess, I'd say Majestic is one and possibly FSLabs as the other (with the A320 although nobody other than testers etc really know how good it is).

Currently, A2A and Majestic. When the FSLabs release their A320 then I'm sure it will be to the same standard.

One of the reasons I believe Xplane hasn't really "taken off" if you will excuse the pun is the fact the community is seemingly willing to pay high prices for addons that are very mediocre or basically beta products! Whereas the PMDG DC6 for Xplane is looking awesome and I'm seriously considering getting it even though it not really my thing.

The 747 V2 is a day one purchase for me regardless of cost. And I'm really looking forward to seeing what the next project post the 747 will be.

That's true!

I recently just felt the same about PMDG when I saw a windshear alert during approach and an AURAL "GO AROUND" message! First time in a lifetime.

When I found out that I could load up the config files I've downloaded for each aircraft in the BA fleet so the sim has exactly the same kit installed as is in the real aircraft for each separate aircraft in the fleet I was just thinking, WOW now that's attention to detail.

• Upvote 1

David Thwaites

Thanks Dave,

I have always been fan of the smaller planes and have found A2A to be wonderful.  Recently, tried their B377 and it opened my eyes to whole new element of simming.  Will probably look at getting the majestic Q400 or one of the PMDG products sometime this year (knowing myself....probably one from each...lol)

They're also the only virtual airline (I need to make a post on this). Who use community generated hours files. 

So if someone used G-STBL for 12 hours, they save that in the shutdown state, and the next time I fly it it will continue from there, so it simulates the aircraft being constantly flown.

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Definitely Majestic and FS Labs, which essentially is PMDG.

Well nobody really knows how FSLabs is going to turn out...they're promising great systems etc. so let's hope.

The TFDI 717 looks to be on this level as well. We'll see though.

The TFDI 717 looks to be on this level as well. We'll see though.

They were (Collin Biedenkapp, specifically) in a podcast back in November and were talking about their level of depth. Unfortunately, that podcast changed hands, and the old tracks got dropped when they changed accounts on SoundCloud (their main hosting). If you can find it, it's Episode 122.806. I'd give you a synopsis of what I remember, but that was 4 months ago, my memory is a little cloudy, and as it's still in development - as I always say here - the scope does change some during that time.

Kyle Rodgers

A lot of people keep giving FSLabs credit for a aircraft that hasn't been released. Majestic seems to be the only comparable company to PMDG when it comes to the systems and detail. Love the Aerosoft Airbus but the system levels aren't as in depth nor do they advertise them to be. Its my 2nd favorite behind PMDG right now. Love the Majestic but I just dont fly it as often.

Richie Walsh

A lot of people keep giving FSLabs credit for a aircraft that hasn't been released. Majestic seems to be the only comparable company to PMDG when it comes to the systems and detail. Love the Aerosoft Airbus but the system levels aren't as in depth nor do they advertise them to be. Its my 2nd favorite behind PMDG right now. Love the Majestic but I just dont fly it as often.

Also the 744 by Aerowinx PSX... But I don't know if that counts since it's addressed to the professional/training market.

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F