Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

No visibility smoothing at all

Hi!

I have a very strange problem with ASN, it doesn't smooth visibility changes between stations, entering voumetric fog layer and entering/leaving clouds. For example, the visibility on the ground and up to 3700ft AGL was around 4 miles (7km). When I was climbing with C172 and passed 3700ft, the visibility cnaged to 10 miles or so within a milisecond, or better to say instantly! It looks horrible and very unrealistic. I have that same problem when leaving clouds, fogged in the clouds and in the next moment, instantly I was out, no smooth transition, it lookes like the cloud dissapeared suddenly. I'm certain that sudden visibility changes didn't happened in some earlier versions of ASN and in FSX, like few months ago when I was testing trial version (SP2 or SP3). I'm now on P3D v3.2, and I had this problem also in P3D v3.1, and in FSX. I think it's started with SP4, but I'm not sure.

It's strange because I have this issue with both simulators, but I can't recall seeing the issue few months ago in FSX, as I said it was probably ASN SP2 or SP3. It is also happening with default and REX clouds, no difference.

I'm running P3D as an administrator, opened UDP and TCP ports as advised, exluded P3D and ASN folder in antivirus (NOD32).

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

For a start....make sure the FSX weather program isn't providing your updates, etc. 

Doug

Hi!

I have a very strange problem with ASN, it doesn't smooth visibility changes between stations, entering voumetric fog layer and entering/leaving clouds. For example, the visibility on the ground and up to 3700ft AGL was around 4 miles (7km). When I was climbing with C172 and passed 3700ft, the visibility cnaged to 10 miles or so within a milisecond, or better to say instantly! It looks horrible and very unrealistic. I have that same problem when leaving clouds, fogged in the clouds and in the next moment, instantly I was out, no smooth transition, it lookes like the cloud dissapeared suddenly. I'm certain that sudden visibility changes didn't happened in some earlier versions of ASN and in FSX, like few months ago when I was testing trial version (SP2 or SP3). I'm now on P3D v3.2, and I had this problem also in P3D v3.1, and in FSX. I think it's started with SP4, but I'm not sure.

It's strange because I have this issue with both simulators, but I can't recall seeing the issue few months ago in FSX, as I said it was probably ASN SP2 or SP3. It is also happening with default and REX clouds, no difference.

I'm running P3D as an administrator, opened UDP and TCP ports as advised, exluded P3D and ASN folder in antivirus (NOD32).

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!

There have been some problems with soft clouds and Rex put out Hotfixes today.

not sure if you have them installed , if so you could give it a try.

bob

For a start....make sure the FSX weather program isn't providing your updates, etc. 

Doug

Hi Doug, I'm afraid I didn't quite understand what you meant. To disable weather change rate in P3D (I don't have FSX anymore), to disable ASN weather updates (not possible), or to disable ASN program updates?

There have been some problems with soft clouds and Rex put out Hotfixes today.

not sure if you have them installed , if so you could give it a try.

bob

I'm not using REX soft clouds at the moment, still on default P3D clouds. I had this issue dating back to october/november 2015 when I was using FSX, with REX clouds. Now same issue in P3D with default clouds.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Hi Doug, I'm afraid I didn't quite understand what you meant. To disable weather change rate in P3D (I don't have FSX anymore), to disable ASN weather updates (not possible), or to disable ASN program updates?

I'm not using REX soft clouds at the moment, still on default P3D clouds. I had this issue dating back to october/november 2015 when I was using FSX, with REX clouds. Now same issue in P3D with default clouds.

Please disregard my post :)