Sign in to follow this  
Pablo Vazquez

Nav Data Out Of Date

Hello,

I don't know why this is but my 777 FMC says "NAV DATA OUT OF DATE". This is with both the -200 and -300 aircraft. I know it isn't because it shows NAV DATA: AIRAC-1603 and Active: MAR03MAR30/16. I am using Navigraph FMS Data Manager to update my NAV DATA. My PMDG 737 and my Aerosoft Airbuses are fine... it's just the 777.

Anyone knows what's causing this problem? Should I ignore it?

Thank you.

Regards,

Pablo Vazquez

Pablo Vazquez - Flight Attendant - Major US Airline

(P3D v4.3, PMDG 744v3, PMDG 748, PMDG 777, PMDG 737 NGX, QualityWings 787, Captain Sim 757, Aerosoft Airbus Professional and FSLabs A320x)

1hxz6d.jpg

Anyone knows what's causing this problem? Should I ignore it?

It's not a problem. Please have a look around the forum or the Intro Manual prior to posting in the future, as this is a very common question.

NAV DATA updates 13 times per year in the real world. You can keep up with this by purchasing a nav data subscription from various retailers. This is not required, but it's recommended if you want to use realistic/current routes.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle,

Thank you for your quick reply. I do have a full year subscription with Navigraph and update my Data as soon as it's available. By the way, I looked around the forum and couldn't find anything. Maybe I didn't look hard enough. My apologies!! :-)

So what do I do?... I just wait for the next one to be published?

Regards,

Pablo Vazquez

(P3D v4.3, PMDG 744v3, PMDG 748, PMDG 777, PMDG 737 NGX, QualityWings 787, Captain Sim 757, Aerosoft Airbus Professional and FSLabs A320x)

1hxz6d.jpg

When flying, do you have your sim time set outside the AIRAC effective dates?  Perhaps that could cause that message to show.

Thank you for your quick reply. I do have a full year subscription with Navigraph and update my Data as soon as it's available. By the way, I looked around the forum and couldn't find anything. Maybe I didn't look hard enough. My apologies!! :-)

Sometimes a google search is actually quicker, but searching the phrase "nav data out of date" should yield plenty.

If you're sure that you have your nav data updated through Navigraph, then the issue is likely that you're using an in-sim date outside of the effective dates of the data. So, if the data was effective as 03MAR-31MAR, but you're using an in-sim date before 03MAR or after 31MAR, then it will show as out of date, naturally.

Kyle Rodgers

Hey Guys,

I am pretty sure I have it set to use system time (computer day and time) then I update the time for my flight... not the date... BUT... Let me double check that. I will report as soon as I check it.

1hxz6d.jpg

I am using Navigraph FMS Data Manager to update my NAV DATA.

This might help.

I read elsewhere that sometimes the FMS datamanager might not completely update a certain database. (in was another plane though)

They recommended doing a manual AIRAC install.

Ramon Barreda

Hey Guys,

Well, kind of feel like and idiot... but I figured it out... The in-sim date was outside of the effective dates of the data. Don't know why it was showing a September date. I went to the settings and checked the "Use system time for Default Scenario"... It's all fixed now!!! 

Thank you for the help!!! :-)

Regards,

Pablo Vazquez

*** You may close this thread now ***

1hxz6d.jpg

Don't know why it was showing a September date.

If you load a flight that you saved last September, then the simulation will load to the saved date. Maybe that was it.

Dan Downs KCRP