Sign in to follow this  
Wild_South

Which texture sets do you use? (REX Texture Direct + Soft Clouds)

Hi all,

I am curious as to what texture sets you guys use (primarily thinking of clouds)?

I am just wanting to know if there is a popular one that people seem to use.

Regards

Scott

High clouds ,set 7

Soft clouds low level set 11

Every other setting off

Sun and sky mod from avsim library, by far the best textures I have used very realistic.

Sunrises and sunsets are amazing

Cheers

Mike

Mike - mind sharing which sun and sky mod you are using?  I found the "simple sun mod" and the ENB Sky mod but not sure if those are what you use...thanks!

• Upvote 1

I really liked those mods that Gino mentioned, but on my monitor, I had way too much banding in the colors - had to remove it.  :-(

Using Soft Clouds.

Ron

trial and  error   and  see  what suits  you is the best bet

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

trial and  error   and  see  what suits  you is the best bet

Should be a kind advice but with Texture Direct and its awfull user interface, I ran out of patience picking up randomly texture I can hardly identify with non-comparable thumbnail.

• Like 1

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Should be a kind advice but with Texture Direct and its awfull user interface

Actually  found  it  quite  simple  really  to use  just  select  what you want  and  install,  what is  so hard  about  it,  random textures  got  me  confused  on this  one  though

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Actually  found  it  quite  simple  really  to use  just  select  what you want  and  install,  what is  so hard  about  it,  random textures  got  me  confused  on this  one  though

Yep, the overall GUI/User Interface is neat but thumbnails displayed do not allow the user to compare between one and another. Thumbnails display differently each situation, angles of view... etc...With the number of different textures and combinations, it's useless to decide which is different from on another. 

Agreed concerning the "Random feature", it's useless and an endless process : click random, launch FSx/P3D, test flight, close FSx/P3D, back to REX, click random... etc.. etc..

• Upvote 1

Vincent B.

Agreed concerning the "Random feature", it's useless and an endless process : click random, launch FSx/P3D, test flight, close FSx/P3D, back to REX, click random... etc.. etc..

Must have  a different  rex4  texture  gui  than you have  since  cant  see  the  random texture  option?

Peter kelberg

Soft Clouds all the way - reminds me of the old FE clouds in FS9 which I liked a great deal - I wish the interface had an option to lock the old clouds in "OFF" as I don't care for them very much...

Concur - the interface could use some work...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Must have  a different  rex4  texture  gui  than you have  since  cant  see  the  random texture  option?

Maybe I wasn't explicit enough. Random Theme (see manual page 36) :

RANDOM allows REX4 Texture Direct to automatically create a texture theme, so that your experience within flight simulator remains fresh each time you fly

To create a random texture theme, click the RANDOM button. Once the random texture theme template has been created, click SAVE

Vincent B.

Maybe I wasn't explicit enough. Random Theme (see manual page 36) :

Yea  you were  before  just wasn't  looking  in the right  area :smile:

• Upvote 1

Peter kelberg

I'm also using the simple sun mod and the enb sky textures from the AVSim library. I Use Rex soft clouds, I tend to change what set quiet regularly to mix it up a bit.

I love the ENB sky textures from avsim. the sunsets and sunrises are spectacular tied in with the simple sun mod. Very realistic looking. the only downfall for me is that clouds aren't as white as they are when you use standard sky textures or rex sky textures.

Anyone else find this? the clouds take a greyish tint with the avsim sky textures.