Sign in to follow this  
ArtBurkeN4PJ

Anyone here using CockpitStatus (aka Simcon)?

Purchased this program from AVSIM last night. While it's very pretty, several key pieces don't seem to "line up" with the help manual.

This program (which also includes a mouse gadget interface for converting mouse clicks to buttons or keys. Haven't tackled that part yet.

The gentleman who wrote it (apparently an Italian fellow) left a web site in the docs but the link doesn't work.

Any help appreciated.

Art - N4PJ

Leesburg, FL

I have this programme, but to be honest I find it very confusing. I don't use it anymore. All I wanted was a simple gauge to line me up with the runway.

The guy who wrote it is very hard to understand.

Well, his English is probably a lot better than my Italian, but I must agree. The .pdf pieces read like Spanglish! I got it because i particularly liked the concept of the virtual ILS and the virtual runway, but if you can't figure out how to make it work......

One of the really confusing parts is that the screen actually presented looks like part of it's missing - it's almost as if the resolution isn't properly set. I'm running a pair of HD monitors at 1920x1080 and I can't see all the display panels of the program. Makes it really hard to choose something if it ends up in a hidden area!

Art - N4PJ

Leesburg, FL

I'm using this Program SIMCON since the first issue some years ago.

Yes, the description Manual .pdf file is a bit confusing.

The program itself, without any doubt, is one of the best available.

Network: yes

I'm using the same program you are using. Never seen any bug.

The program is quite advanced what programming is concerned but not easy to use for anyone.

All data is calculated with real world mathe by Edd Williams.

As far as the virtual runway and virtual "Waypoint" is concerned you get it:

On Top (left) there are 6 Buttons.

ALT, AP, Hdg are connecting to the Autopilot

R, W, V  are automatic Fly-To buttons.

R = the runway approach

W = you fly to the virtual Wpt at 20nm rwy-distance, alligned with the RWY. (you never miss the Rwy Hdg)

V = start the virtual Runway at any world position. Grd, Air, Sea. With the virtual Rwy you can use both the virtual (W)pt Heading and ®wy-Approach automatic.

Land on the Sea. Select 'V'. Start and Take off and return to the virtual Rwy created. Fly to (W) then turn to ®-unway approach.

Fly over a Rwy and click 'V'. fly around and you are Landing on that Rwy.

The panel below is also a Fly-To Panel. ADF, VOR, FIX wpt.

The Fly-To button is starting the automatic Fly-to > the one selected, Adv, Vor, Fix.

On Top at the right side with the A,V,N,I buttons you choose the Apt, Rwy, Vor, Adf, Fix.

The 'J' button is connecting to the Joystick and the Joystick Editor.

The 'Pilot' button is opening the Pilot Panel that is executing 'Mouseclick files' you create and also including the Simcon Help-Interface.

Concerning the GUI. The resolution is set properly.

There is no problem here, with Win 7 you should use "Windows Classic", with Win 8+, Win 10 you have the best appearance.

When opening the program a "System Tray" Menu is available. (status bar > right side)

Select "update" and you connect to the official Web-Page.

Now the SIMCON version 1.5.6 is available.

This update is including very important updates like:

Many Tooltips. Just Mouse Hover over all buttons, labels ecc.

On Radar >  Descentometer (V/S dist) and the universal Glide-Path automatic Landing System.

Simcon is also connecting to a real world Flight Center.

There is no overlay of Panels.

Move a Panel like Radar, Pilot to any place. Close Simcon and reopen. All panels are placed where you left them.

There is no hidden area.

Info: the small "T" buttons are selecting/deselecting "stay on Top".

Get the latest Simcon update v 1.5.6.

You must write to the Author as mentioned under "Customer News: (x Simcon user)

Send a e-mail and indicate your SimMarket 'order number'.

You get immediate answer and assistance.

The program Manual is not the best, the assistance yes.

By the way: The smaller ATIasHold program, v 1.6, is now the most advanced of all programs.

When you ask for the update you will also get a Download Link x this programs that is using 2 Radars.

Hope this was helpful.

Friedrich

Hi Friedrich

If you don't mind, i have a few questions as you seem to know your way around this programme. I bought it a number of years ago, but quickly shelved it as I could not get my head around it. i bought it mainly to get it to fly me to a virtual waypoint 20 miles out.

I just fired it up again and used your instructions. I click on the airport runway, and if I click on R or W, my aircraft either flies in the opposite direction or just flies circles. 

Is their any chance of some dummies instructions on how to get it to line up with a runway or virtual waypoint?

Also, does it fly to the runway automatically or do you have to fly it yourself?

I have read the manual, but got confused after the first paragraph.

Many thanks

John

Hi John,

i don't know what version you are using. There has been several updates. My instructions are referring to the newer version.

The program is including with the [R] button a precise Runway-Approach system. Start at a reasonable distance and you fly exactly in automatic to any Rwy with or without Ils. This system is not using Frequencies, only Mathe calculations based on real world coordinates.

The automatic Fly-To procedures are valid for any wpt like the virtual wpt, Vor, Adf, intersection/Fixes, virtual Rwy.

About 3nm before reaching the wpt automatic is closing and you choose the next wpt or R-wy approach.

When reaching the Rwy, at a distance of 0,1nm the automatic is closing. you adjust for Landing if necessary.

Consider that the program is also including a "Wind Drift" correction and a limited Terrain Alert system.

The latest version is also including a automatic Descentometer and a perfect Autolanding system for any Aircraft. (excluding some Add-ons that do not accept external data)

This version has several ToolTips you can Mouse-Hover and get a immediate answer and instructions.

You should write to the "Feedback" e-mail and ask for the latest version. As mentioned previously you also receive the new ATIasHold program, the most advanced. E-mail and Web-Page is indicated with the SimMarket SIMCON page.

As said before, the assistance is the best.

What i appreciate most with Intrasystem is the fact that they care about user suggestions and continuous updates.

For my opinion, Simcon + ATIasHold are the most advanced programs available today and professionally programmed.

ATIasHold is including features that no one ever tried.

Nota: Simcon + ATIasHld are working perfectly with X-Plane.

Friedrich

Below is a link to the developers website.  The site is up and working.

LINK TO INTRA SYSTEMS WEBSITE.

Best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Purchased this program from AVSIM last night.

Just to make sure there is no confusion (I see none so far) AVSIM does not sell products.  We just host forums, do reviews, etc.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Friedrich

If you don't mind, i have a few questions as you seem to know your way around this programme. I bought it a number of years ago, but quickly shelved it as I could not get my head around it. i bought it mainly to get it to fly me to a virtual waypoint 20 miles out.

I just fired it up again and used your instructions. I click on the airport runway, and if I click on R or W, my aircraft either flies in the opposite direction or just flies circles. 

Is their any chance of some dummies instructions on how to get it to line up with a runway or virtual waypoint?

Also, does it fly to the runway automatically or do you have to fly it yourself?

I have read the manual, but got confused after the first paragraph.

Many thanks

John

I don't mean to be insulting to the author of the program - as near as I can tell he's Italian - but he needs to find someone who is much more conversant in English. The directions and the "follow-up" explanations leave a lot to be desired.

I sort of took the cowardly way out - I deleted this program and started studying IFR navigation with a bit more "immersion." The built-in GPS (both the 500 and the 295) will really do a pretty good job of getting you from point A to point B, lined up with your desired runway, etc. Granted, it's far easier in something like a 172 than it is in an F-15 (just to give an example). I also have another, add-on program, that duplicates tons of "fixes," intersections and pseudo-fixes used for RNAV planning. With only a bit more work,a plan that aligns you pretty nicely to your desired runway is not all that difficult. Initially, I was excited at the prospect of a "virtual runway" as well, but, as far as realism goes......

Art N4PJ

Leesburg, FL

Have now got the hang of it and am lining up my destination runway. Granted, it is probably not that real, but I fly mainly VFR and usually you only get about 30 miles notice which runway is the active. Simcon is great to select that runway and guide you to it. 

When I first bought the programme, I had a number of email conversations with the author. It was like pulling teeth.

It"s OK for casual flyers like myself.

John