Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

Wow I'm amazed by this sim!

After not liking Xplane for many years due to poor scenery and lack of  FSX quality planes I finally decided to give it a major try I picked up Skymaxx V3 for clouds, download W2XP and RTH 4.0 and honestly I'm amazed,the night environment is stunning and with mods the sim looks great except for two things the planes look flat and the water looks too glassy but regardless I'm quite amazed at this sim and the amount of payware quality freeware available! Also I found this imagine if FlyTampa did official conversions like this! There is so much potenial in this sim the best part is no OOM's and amazing performance!

• Upvote 4

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Nice video, cool camera angles. And a hard landing. :)

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

The video isn't mine but it's very good

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I couldn't agree more, I'm slowly coming to grips with XP10. I was sold the first time I saw the XP world at nite!

Yes, X-Plane has come a loooong way since it was first developed. I agree that the night lighting is the best I have ever seen in a sim. 

Regards

Lamar Wright

Sometimes XP looks amazing.  I tried it a few years ago (XP 9 ) and disliked it intensely.  I feel If I try it out again, I'll probably think differently but I can't afford to keep two sims populated with payware.

I'd recommend anyone who's ever tried XP9 and didn't really come to grips with it, to give it another try. I was one of those who didn't like X-Plane for many years. Now I'm just hoping to see the big developers releasing their products for this platform. The 737 by IXEG is meant to be X-Plane's big "breakthrough".

The "only" problem with XP10 is that eats up HDD space very fast if you start adding the great freeware scenery that's available. I'd recommend getting a 1TB partition solely for XP10. I for instance have a 1TB HDD with both FSX and XP10, the former takes some 80GB of data, the latter eats up 400GB! But well, memory today is cheap so what the heck...

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

Sometimes XP looks amazing.  I tried it a few years ago (XP 9 ) and disliked it intensely.  I feel If I try it out again, I'll probably think differently but I can't afford to keep two sims populated with payware.

Keep an eye on Steam they have great sales I picked up Xplane 10 and The Aerosoft CRJ or XP for less than $40. I do recommend getting Skypromaxx it really makes the clouds look good compared to the default

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I too am an X-Plane convert. I brought it on Steam a year ago and for a while still flew in FSX (DX10). Since I upgraded my graphics card to the GTX 980TI Strix I really haven't looked back. The aircraft are just getting better and better too.

My favorites to date are:

4) Jar A330 (Not study level but definitely a great bird)

3) Xcrafts E175 (Just picked this up, still getting to know it)

2) FlyJsim 737 (I love jumping in this for some regional hops and to brush up on navigating the old way  :smile: )

1) FF 767 (I also own the 757 & 777 from FF, The 767 is in a different league and without a shadow of a doubt the most flown in my fleet)

Sure there is some manual work finding scenery, airports & addons etc but it's well worth it.

I am really excited for the future of X-Plane, I still have to pinch myself when flying over scenery such as the French Alps or the Rockies.

Finally I can spend 100% of the time flying and 0% tweaking.

Richard

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Just a few pics ....

Departure out of KSLC heading towards KSFO

FJS_732_TwinJet_10_zpszvddk31d.png

FJS_732_TwinJet_11_zpsvcjvdk75.png

FJS_732_TwinJet_9_zpsfpdi4mo0.png

European Scenery

E175_1_zps9viqjmsg.png

E175_4_zpsvlzyoi3z.png

E175_2_zpswntxuydz.png

Richard

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png