Sign in to follow this  
Guest JIMJAM

Any new fighter sims coming?

Guest B Bjorkman

I know all the excitement is building for the next civilian flight sim but does anyone know if there are any software companies working on a military flightsim, WWII era or newer? I've got an itch to do some dogfighting but I was hoping for something new. btw, I already have ms's version and also ubisoft's.B. Bjorkman

Guest Caveman

Do you have V4.01 of Pacific Fighters? I've been simulating for 20+ years and I can say with all confidence that All other WWII combat sims are basically "games"...Happily Oleg Maddox and Co are building on their success with the IL-2 series and are going to release thier next gen effort in about a year tentavively called "Battle of Britain". Not to be confused with the BOB that was recently released by Rowan... Scout around for screenshots and you'll find VCs that far surpass the best MS has now...Not to mention the yummy flight modeling based on force-mass models...

Yep, pacific Fighters is really sweet! waiting for ther newest patch which will add a bit more to an already outstanding sim (if merged with FB and Aces)While the BOB project looks great, I would rather they add to the pacific theatre more in PF than spend resources on BOB, but either way, I get it.Plus the graphics on perfect setting blow FS9 out of the water.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest JIMJAM

I "woke up" day after realizing I spent over $100 in FS2004 warbird addons and remembered I had all the IL2 series. I reloaded ils.fob,pf and with my new updated rig, I could run it at full settings and was in awe at what I had been missing. Dont get me wrong, the Realair spit and Shockwave planes are incredible but they just feel outta place and bored in fs2004. With IL2, I had dozens of nice planes with some teeth, most came free with patches and didnt run $30 a pop. Yeah the European theater is getting beaten to death and I wished Oleg would have chosen another conflict. And yes I will buy it.