Sign in to follow this  
Heimi

DTGFS scenery is Made by ORBX

Copied from Facebook

Following the completion of long term discussions, Dovetail Games is pleased to announce we will be partnering with Orbx Simulation Systems in order to bring key aspects of their technology to Flight School and Flight Simulator, both scheduled for release this year.

Orbx Simulation Systems has dominated the flight simulation scenery space since CEO John Venema founded the company in 2006.

"We are thrilled to partner with Dovetail Games as they usher in a new era of 64-bit simulators built on robust technology that we have a decade of experience in developing for", says John Venema, CEO of Orbx Simulation Systems. "We've developed a solid working relationship with the Dovetail team and we're confident that our terrain will look absolutely stunning in their enhanced 3D engine and provide a level of immersion unlike anything experienced before. We look forward to a long a productive partnership."

“We are incredibly excited about working with Orbx on Flight School and Dovetail Games Flight Simulator”, says Stephen Hood, Creative Director at Dovetail games. “Orbx represents the pinnacle of what can be achieved in terms of in-game scenery, so collaborating with them on these projects was the obvious choice for us. We are deeply committed to partnering with both new and existing developers and content creators moving forwards to create the best possible combination of technologies to power our simulators – this is only the beginning”

Suite à de longues discussions sur le sujet, Dovetail Games a le plaisir d'annoncer un partenariat avec Orbx Simulation Systems afin d'intégrer des aspects essentiels de leur technologie à Flight School et à Flight Simulator, tous deux prévus pour cette année.

Orbx Simulation Systems domine la scène des simulateurs de vol depuis sa création par John Venema en 2006.

« Nous sommes ravis de ce partenariat avec Dovetail Games, qui inaugure une nouvelle ère de simulateurs 64 bits reposant sur une technologie solide pour laquelle nous développons depuis une décennie » a déclaré John Venema, PDG d'Orbx Simulation Systems. « Nous avons développé une relation de travail durable avec l'équipe de Dovetail et sommes convaincus que notre environnement sera non seulement sublime grâce à leur moteur 3D avancé, mais qu'il fournira aussi un niveau d'immersion sans précédent. Nous espérons un partenariat long et productif.

« Nous sommes très enthousiastes à l'idée de travailler avec Orbx sur Flight School et Dovetail Games Flight Simulator » a affirmé Stephen Hood, directeur créatif chez Dovetail Games. « Orbx offre ce qui se fait de mieux en termes de décors de jeu. Collaborer avec eux sur ces projets nous a semblé une évidence. Nous tenons à former des partenariats avec les développeurs et créateurs de contenu, nouveaux comme existants, afin d'offrir la meilleure combinaison technologique possible pour alimenter nos simulateurs. Et ce n'est qu'un début !

Nach Abschluss ausführlicher Gespräche freut sich Dovetail Games, die Partnerschaft mit Orbx Simulation Systems bekanntgeben zu können. Diese Partnerschaft ermöglicht es, die Kernaspekte ihrer Technologie in Flight School und Flight Simulator einfließen zu lassen, welche beide noch in diesem Jahr erscheinen sollen.

Seit Geschäftsführer John Venema die Firma 2006 gegründet hat, gilt Orbx Simulation Systems als der führende Spezialist auf dem Gebiet der Flugsimulations-Szenerie.

„Wir sind begeistert, mit Dovetail Games zusammenzuarbeiteten. Sie leiten eine neue Ära von 64-Bit-Simulatoren ein, die auf einer stabilen Technologie basieren, mit deren Entwicklung wir bereits zehnjährige Erfahrung haben“, sagt John Venema, Geschäftsführer von Orbx Simulation Systems. „Wir haben mit dem Dovetail-Team eine solide Arbeitsbeziehung entwickelt, und sind zuversichtlich, dass unser Terrain in ihrer verbesserten 3D-Engine nicht nur fantastisch aussehen, sondern auch einen Grad der Immersion ermöglichen wird, wie es ihn zuvor noch nicht gegeben hat. Wir freuen uns auf eine lange und produktive Partnerschaft.“

„Wir sind unglaublich gespannt darauf, zusammen mit Orbx an Flight School und Dovetail Games Flight Simulator zu arbeiten“, sagt Stephen Hood, Kreativdirektor bei Dovetail Games. „Orbx ist das Maß aller Dinge, wenn es um In-Game-Szenerie geht. Sie für diese Projekte mit an Bord zu holen war für uns ein logischer Schritt. Wir fühlen uns tief verpflichtet, mit neuen und bewährten Entwicklern und Autoren zusammenzuarbeiten, um für unsere Simulatoren die bestmögliche Technologiekombination zu erschaffen – dies ist nur der Anfang.“

• Upvote 1

well;

Fsx already use it !!   :smile:

Yeah while having to Frankenstein your installation and pay $99 for it.

And it already uses it in a 32 bit environment with archaic lighting and shadowing with VAS issues (P3D is much better in that regard).

To now have it as default, in a 64 bit sim with new lighting/shadowing/improvements, is a huge deal.

• Upvote 2

It's a very smart move by DTG. What should be more exciting is now you have tangible proof that they are aware of and willing to collaborate with the major players in our hobby.

It seems to me to be quite an ambiguous statement. 

"Dovetail Games is pleased to announce we will be partnering with Orbx Simulation Systems in order to bring key aspects of their technology to Flight School and Flight Simulator"

Does that mean as part of the default scenery included in the price or as a payware DLC that will work with DTG's sims. Could be read either way to me,

• Upvote 3

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

Flight School will have zero DLC, remember? Yet, this is confirmed to be part of Flight School.

Here it is, basically confirmed that it's default. This answer was in response to someone asking if the whole world will be Orbx or if they'll sell it as DLC.

"The whole world. All scenery in in DTG Flight School and Flight Sim is a mixture of Orbx technology and custom built models. 

- Martin"

I would guess that Flight School will only have the Global textures, but the full sim will probably incorporate the mesh and vector data.  

Why would DTG pay for and develop their own vector/mesh data when their biggest commercial partner for the FS genre has a perfectly good one ready to plug in?

I would guess that Flight School will only have the Global textures, but the full sim will probably incorporate the mesh and vector data.  

Why would DTG pay for and develop their own vector/mesh data when their biggest commercial partner for the FS genre has a perfectly good one ready to plug in?

That's my hope as well.

And JV didn't answer my question twice when I asked if the partnership will go beyond FTX Global textures. So we'll see if his silence is meaningful. 

Great move by DTG! 

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

well;

Fsx already use it !!   :smile:

Yes I was thinking the same thing - I am not seeing any difference graphically from FSX - hmmm very interesting  :smile:

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

This is a huge disappointment. An up to a decade old scenery technology, really?

Why not take advantage of one of the latest scenery engines available, or at least make an effort to develop something new?

How many times do we have to re-purchase a patched, fixed, updated, tweaked, eye-candied, warmed up, regurgitated FSX?  :wacko:

I get the impression, we as flight simmers are left far behind the curve every time.

All other simulations/games have made huge advances over the last decade as they should have.

But it is our own fault. We as hard core flight simmers are so starved of real new development that we keep buying the old staff over and over again and we let the developers take the easy road.

We tend to be fan boys of every thing new, even if it really isn't. 

But maybe we as hard core simmers are not their target audience? Maybe we are just to small of a group?

• Upvote 4

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

If DTG would have taken FLIGHT - finish the default world - - open the sim for developments - Release an SDK to play with - 

I would have pay for it  - even if would have cost 200 US

i will not pay again for a recycled FSX with Recycled addons - DLC - and a sim controlled by Steam.

a sim controlled by Steam.

How is it controlled by Steam? Thousands of games are sold on Steam that allow user created content and such. Steam is only a distributor. They have no control over what studios do with their games (FSX:SE being a prime example, as most standard FSX addons work with it).

Brandon Filer

This is a huge disappointment. An up to a decade old scenery technology, really?

Why not take advantage of one of the latest scenery engines available, or at least make an effort to develop something new?

I was thinking the same thing 

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

"....and there will follow such a period of much hand-wringing and lament and discourse as shall have never been witnessed before - but, at the End of the Day there Will be Light!..."  

Have we been here before or is it just a bad case of Deja Vu?  :P