Sign in to follow this  
bonchie

Orbx partners with DTG to implement Orbx scenery as default

I'm thinking there probably won't be a free ride on scenery or aircraft upgrades anymore.

Yeah, like 64 bit, new lighting, shadows, DX11, updated LC and vector, etc.

You guys know I'm a big P3D user. But having all that along with FTX Global (and possibly more) on top of it is going to make the new platform the gold standard.

There has been no alternative until now. No matter how many FSX users say it's the same, P3D has major advancements over it.

You are soooo missing the point...

If you have much experience with DTG's Train Simulator and their business model, I don't think you are going to flock to their new flight sim for quite awhile. It isn't going to be geared to the type of people that P3D attracts, in my opinion. You have to get used to products that don't work correctly from day one, and are never patched. Their total focus has been to forget about what they sold yesterday, and work on what they will sell tomorrow. Then factor in what Steam is like, where they decide what , where , and when you content will be changed.. updated, modified, etc, and I think users will be in for a bit of a shock. You won't tweak anything, Steam will, and you better like it.   :wink:

I think you really don't know much about steam, or it's options...

• Upvote 2

You are soooo missing the point...

I think you really don't know much about steam, or it's options...

Don't make assumptions when you don't know.

I have plenty of steam games. I even use non-steam mods with many of my steam games. It's not a closed platform. 

The only question is what DTG will do, not steam. 

Don't make assumptions when you don't know.

I have plenty of steam games. I even use non-steam mods with many of my steam games. It's not a closed platform. 

The only question is what DTG will do, not steam.

Here's something that's not an assumption: you need to learn to read posts better and differentiate which ones are talking to you and which to someone else :P

Here's something that's not an assumption: you need to learn to read posts better and differentiate which ones are talking to you and which to someone else :P

Umm, you quoted me. You were talking to me. 

Your second quote came across as you showing which point I was missing. But if it wasn't, ok.

Things would be easier if people weren't so cryptic all the time on message boards. If I'm "soooo missing the point" then just tell me what I'm missing.

He quoted Bobsk8 for the second comment, Bonchie. Nevertheless, I think that you two should kiss and make up. Flight simulation forums should be a haven of peace and tranquillity, with fluffy bunnies running around, and....er......stuff :smile:

• Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

He quoted Bobsk8 for the second comment, Bonchie. Nevertheless, I think that you two should kiss and make up. Flight simulation forums should be a haven of peace and tranquillity, with fluffy bunnies running around, and....er......stuff :smile:

I'm aware off that. When he said I missed the point, I thought the second quote was to show me what point I missed by referencing that guys post. That was the misunderstanding. 

Umm, you quoted me. You were talking to me. 

Your second quote came across as you showing which point I was missing. But if it wasn't, ok.

Things would be easier if people weren't so cryptic all the time on message boards. If I'm "soooo missing the point" then just tell me what I'm missing.

Nope, that's just the forum software auto-merging replies :P

Flight simulation ... should be a haven of peace and tranquillity, with fluffy bunnies running around, and... :smile:

Chris!! I vote that YOU should be on the Dev team at Orbx!  If only we could have Himalayan Buddhist Retreats to fly into? I can smell the incense as I type... hear the wind chimes and see the fluffy bunnies as I land  ....  standing on the Roof of the World (after a successful landing), in Avatar mode would be sensational!

"Ermm - Excuse me? Whaddaya mean I have to pick up that flaming Cauldron with my forearms?... What about the scars - and will you please stop calling me Glasshopper"?

hehehe!! :D

Avsim in the Spring.......

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Does the waiting come with a retirement plan?

:smile:

No, a funeral plan :P

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

All I can say is I hope they make the night lighting as amazing as Xplanes.

• Upvote 2

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

All I can say is I hope they make the night lighting as amazing as Xplanes.

You've already seen the night lighting. It's FTX Global.