Sign in to follow this  
503Kento

v2 Audo Output

I was interested in P2ATC originally then discovered that I could not have the main sim sounds coming from my speakers and the comms coming through my headset.

Is this now possible with Version 2?

Thanks,

Kent

Kent

i7 4790k @4.7Ghz 32Gb DDR3 1333 RTX 2070 GPU Win10 Pro

Kent,

Pilot2ATC still uses the default sound device for it's sound output.  If your SIM also uses only the default sound device, then no, they would both use the same device, assuming you're running on a single computer. 

You might want to check out the thread on running on a remote client, which is one way to get multiple sound sources.  I'm sure that there are other ways as well, but I suspect they all require more than just 1 PC with one sound output device.

Dave

Thanks for the reply Dave, I'll see what I can figure out. 

I've tinkered with VOXATC with some success but I like the flexibility P2ATC offers with regard to VFR flights.  Plus, you are very responsive to inquiries :smile:

Kent

Kent

I fly with x-plane using P2ATC  and this is what I do to separate the ATC audio from the plane audio.  Start x-plane and get to the gate (ie. engine sounds coming through speakers) .  Then I plugin my usb headset into the usb port  and set the default audio playback device to my usb headset (via right click on the windows volume control).    I  start P2ATC  and connect to the sim.  P2A will use the usb headset for the default audio  and the sim continues to come out through the speakers.  Ta da!

Please note, If I need to reload the plane x-plane switches the default sound output to the headphones  and I have to start over.  It's been working great so far.

I haven't tried this method with FSX or P3D so your mileage with those sims may vary.

I hope this helps!!

Joe

Thanks for the suggestion Joe!

Kent

I'm sure that there are other ways as well, but I suspect they all require more than just 1 PC with one sound output device.

10 years ago, or whenever it was that FSX took the world by storm, it's simplistic ATC audio could be directed to a secondary audio device. I fail to understand how 10 years on it is no longer possible apart from buying a 2nd computer.

I know, I have a very simplistic understanding of the inner machinations of a pc...  :fool:

SkipperMac