Sign in to follow this  
A340-4

P3S v3.2 RunDLL error

Hello Fellow Simmers;

Every time I exit P3D v3.2 I get the following error "There was a problem starting E:/P3D/Lockheed. The specific module could not be found" has anyone here experienced this error before? Any way to fix it? This error only pops-up after p3d has been closed. You help and support is much appreciated. 

Thank you.

Ok, so the source of the issue came from Caredo C185F, I have uninstalled it, but the error is still present. Any ideas? 

It's probably still listed with an entry in the configuration file DLL.XML.

Thank you Jab. Would you happen to know who to remove it? 

Many Thanks. 

Unfortunately, with P3d, there could be multiple versions of the file DLL.XML. First, go into the Windows Explorer under View and tick the checkbox that says "hidden files". Then from the root folder of drive C:, search for "DLL.XML". If you are lucky, there is only one copy and it is located in:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

Edit it with Notepad. The content is XML language. There are a bunch of "paired" entries like:

<Launch.Addon>
		<Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name>
		<Disabled>True</Disabled>
		<ManualLoad>True</ManualLoad>
		<Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path>
		<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
		<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>

Find the Carenado 185 entry (i don't have the 185, so if you can't decide which entry it is, maybe someone with that aircraft can help you out) and delete everything from <Launch.Addon> to </Launch.Addon>Be sure to remove the full entry; it should start with <Launch.Addon> and end with </Launch.Addon>.

​Then save the file and restart P3d.  If that seems too daunting, then send me a private message and attach your copy of dll.xml.

Hello Jay;

Thank you so much for your help and support. I have managed to fild the DLL.XML for P3D v3. Unfortunately, no C185 entries were present. Any other ideas? 

Once again, thank you so much for your help.

Best Regards,

Is there any Entries in there at all that could cause a problem?  

You could try and move the complete ddl.xml file out of there altogether by holding it and dragging it to a different folder (Non sim related)   Try Start Prepar3D then 

Hello Poppet;

The strange thing is that it only happens when I close P3D. 

I had the error on closing p3d, but it turned out to be the estonia migration tool plugin..

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Migration Tool Plugin</Name>
    <Path>MigTool.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>

Once i removed this entry it went away..  I havent figured out what to do about it or if it matters if its not in there just yet.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

I consider the EMT a virus in the way it tries to spoof installers and manipulates your registry, and when removed it doesn't clean the mess it made. You are stuck cleaning up behind it.

Dan Downs KCRP

Once i removed this entry it went away..  I havent figured out what to do about it or if it matters if its not in there just yet.

This Entry Launch's the Estonia Migration Tool  You will only need it if you intend on using this application to Migrate software over to Prepar3D.   I would highly recommend you Uninstall it as it can give you some issues,  as you seen yourself