Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Need some good quality cloud textures

GoramM is correct on this one. There is no reason to start blame games, insinuating theft, and advising other users to stay away. And when it's plastered through several postings, I personally get ticked off!  This kind of crap is happening everywhere!  With all kinds of products and businesses. I suppose it's just too easy, when all one has to do....................is start typing away, without much thought of the consequences.  Some immediate replies from developers aren't exactly along the lines of "the customer is always right" so treat them with respect...................but I don't blame them. My wife spent years working in retail, and is very aware, that the customer is far from right, much of the time.  

A few years back, I often had to defend some electronic navigation & radio manufactures from user complaints in the experimental class, aviation field. These consumers would moan, gripe, complain about the equipment failure, when in reality, they just had no idea of what an electrical wiring schematic was all about. They complained for days, only to look like idiots in the end.

• Upvote 1

A reset of downloads is a non issue.

If it's a non issue, why couldn't X-A just say? "Sorry for the inconvenience. You can now activate your add-ons." This is basic stuff. You don't need a Master's Degree in customer service to treat valued customers with dignity.  X-A prefers to be the judge & jury and decide whether I can or can not install & activate again.

On the X-A Facebook page a customer is supplicating:

"You can you please re-enable downloads? thank you." 

I do not beg any seller or developer to let me re-install an add-on that I've legitimately purchased.

I have much respect for developers and how hard they work. That's why I've always done what I could to support them by purchasing their products. This thread would never have been started, if a simple common courtesy would have been extended to me.

They lost me as a customer.

• Upvote 3

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

If it's a non issue, why couldn't X-A just say? "Sorry for the inconvenience. You can now activate your add-ons." This is basic stuff. You don't need a Master's Degree in customer service to treat valued customers with dignity.  X-A prefers to be the judge & jury and decide whether I can or can not install & activate again.

On the X-A Facebook page a customer is supplicating:

"You can you please re-enable downloads? thank you." 

I do not beg any seller or developer to let me re-install an add-on that I've legitimately purchased.

I have much respect for developers and how hard they work. That's why I've always done what I could to support them by purchasing their products. This thread would never have been started, if a simple common courtesy would have been extended to me.

They lost me as a customer.

It's a non issue in the way that your downloads will be reset upon you providing an explanation on why you need them reset after using them all within 6 months.  Provided the explanation does not involve "I shared it with my friends, so now I need a reset."

We understand issues can come up with hardware, installations, OS's...whatever it is.  We just need to know what it is before we authorize it.  If you buy something in any store, and it's faulty, you go to return it.  If the customer service person asks you why are you returning it, do you tell them "None of your business.  I just want to return it."  No.  You say it's faulty, doesn't work as described, whatever.

As for the inconvenience, XA provided none.  You exhausted your downloads.  Period.  How many downloads do you think is fair for a 6 month period?

You have spent so much energy and so much time venting, you could have saved all that by simply explaining why you needed a reset.  It would have been given, and you would  be happy, enjoying what you paid for.  

You could have even PM'ed ME on my facebook page (link is in my signature), and I would have been more than happy to help you, like I have countless others who were experiencing the same issue.

I suggest you work on your approach to asking for assistance.  Slandering us, and calling us criminals in a public forum won't get you very far at all.  We are real people who do this for a living.  If you want help, ask for it.  Don't demand it and refuse requests for information that helps us to help you.

That's all I have to say on the matter.  If you prefer freeware, then by all means, enjoy it.  Should you change your mind, and need further assistance on your purchases, you know where to go.

• Upvote 1

Well this topic escalated quickly away from cloud textures and there's now no more to be said. Topic locked

• Upvote 1