Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Carenado CJ2 Few problems

Do you mean 550 ? fps on CJ2  are as good as stock aircraft - its smooth - better than Hawker and I thought it was pretty good

Richard,

I think he is asking you to compare the FPS of the CJ2 with the Carenado S/II S550 Citation. I would guess the CJ2 is a lot more efficient than the Caerando S550. But we have so many mods hanging on the S550 that it is being dragged down even more so than the poor coding.

The CJ2 is much better optimized and we will have some comparison FPS once we have time to actually get some flying time in.

Regards,

Ray

• Upvote 1

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Richard,

I think he is asking you to compare the FPS of the CJ2 with the Carenado S/II S550 Citation. I would guess the CJ2 is a lot more efficient than the Caerando S550. But we have so many mods hanging on the S550 that it is being dragged down even more so than the poor coding.

The CJ2 is much better optimized and we will have some comparison FPS once we have time to actually get some flying time in.

Regards,

Ray

Ah thanks Ray I think the CJ2 is one of the best Carenado's on fps they have made - still early but thats what I am seeing - smooth 

Found the ground idle switch just above the throttle near the middle just to the left - as for the left and right Attenuator lights will go off after throttle advanced for take off - have to find Attenuator switch it needs to be in auto for this to work 

Still cant get curtain to move - tried man times - just the finger showing but does not work when pressing muse button - do you have this bird yet - does it work for you ?

Rich Sennett

Hi guys,

I'm back in the cockpit now in the CJ2 :wink:

I hope it's worth and carenado has increased to qualitat from the avionics sys. If not, there are guys here in the forum that can improve the avionic sys :smile: the same as in S550. 

Thanks "300ph.GT", Richard and Ray for the first impressions, it helped me to make a decision.

Cheers Janek

Hello Janek,

It is good to hear from you. I'm glad to hear that you are flying the CJ2,

Regards,

Ray

• Upvote 1

Ah thanks Ray I think the CJ2 is one of the best Carenado's on fps they have made - still early but thats what I am seeing - smooth 

Found the ground idle switch just above the throttle near the middle just to the left - as for the left and right Attenuator lights will go off after throttle advanced for take off - have to find Attenuator switch it needs to be in auto for this to work 

Still cant get curtain to move - tried man times - just the finger showing but does not work when pressing muse button - do you have this bird yet - does it work for you ?

Good Morning Richard,

I have no idea why the curtain won't open for you. Crazy system, these click spots. I have no problem with mine. See screenshot for clickspot area. Comes with sounds effects as the curtain slides open and closed.

Regards,

Ray

CJ2 Curtain_open.JPG

• Upvote 1

Good Morning Richard,

I have no idea why the curtain won't open for you. Crazy system, these click spots. I have no problem with mine. See screenshot for clickspot area. Comes with sounds effects as the curtain slides open and closed.

Regards,

Ray

Good morning Ray

Thank you much appreciated - try it out tonight

==========================================

Found Attenuator switch its just above fms in the middle area - center panel

Found the ground idle switch just above the throttle  in the middle area

Rich Sennett

Found Attenuator switch its just above fms in the middle area - center panel

Found the ground idle switch just above the throttle in the middle area

Even if Carenado did NOTHING else to improve the quality of their documentation, it would still be MARVELOUS if they would include a simple map showing switch/control/instrument locations for their more complex aircraft.  Then users wouldn't have to play this tedious searching game on every new aircraft.

Good luck Rich,

Scott

1. I can't increase/decrease the altitude in 1000 steps. The altitude selector allows 100 steps only.
2. When I switch the plane to cold and dark and I turn on the batteries the screens are dimmed very dark. There is a BRT/DIM knob, but it can't be clicked. Does anyone know how to dim it more bright?

3. As typical the manual for the aircraft is very sparse. Who knows how to control the speed? I can't find any autothrottle button.

1. I can't increase/decrease the altitude in 1000 steps. The altitude selector allows 100 steps only.

2. When I switch the plane to cold and dark and I turn on the batteries the screens are dimmed very dark. There is a BRT/DIM knob, but it can't be clicked. Does anyone know how to dim it more bright?

3. As typical the manual for the aircraft is very sparse. Who knows how to control the speed? I can't find any autothrottle button.

Not home at the moment there is no auto throttle switch in this aircraft in real life all manual use of throttle thats why I stated keep an eye on it

Rich Sennett

Not home at the moment there is no auto throttle switch in this aircraft in real life all manual use of throttle thats why I stated keep an eye on it

Okay thanks! :) Do you post all the issues reported here directly to Carenado? 

Check the others when you are at home. :wink:

Did they fix the "Direct-To" function with this model. Not being able to go direct to has kept me from buying the last few products. A must fix

AMD 5800X | Nvidia 3090 FE | Samsung CRG9 49 inch monitor | Samsung M.2 NVMe 1TB|  3, 1TB SSDs| 32GB DDR4 @3600 cl 16| Windows 10|X-plane 11, MS2020

Altitude is settable in 100' increments in the real aircraft. The King Air's had the ability to toggle between 100' and 1000' defaulting on 1000' foot. For some reason Cessna opted to not support 1000' increments.

• Upvote 1

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Altitude is settable in 100' increments in the real aircraft. The King Air's had the ability to toggle between 100' and 1000' defaulting on 1000' foot. For some reason Cessna opted to not support 1000' increments.

Thanks Ed  :wink:

Rich Sennett

You will if not I will buy it for you - I owe you one  :wink:

Its great - luv it

Ain't this the truth. I think we all owe Bert..... I will wait the the GTN shoe horning....