Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Carenado CJ2 Few problems

Thanks for the replies. Yeah I noticed most of the power was in the 85% to 100% N1.

Still, at FL320 I have 95.5% N1 and am only managing 334 knts TAS and 730 lbs/hr. 

The N1 setting guide gives CRU at 96.7% and CLM at 94.6%. Strange that it wants more power for cruise than climb.

I have really bad FPS too, I've heard others have great frame rates. I might try a reinstall.

Another gripe is that I cant find the click-spot for the yoke is unobtainable after it's been hidden.  

Another gripe is that I cant find the click-spot for the yoke is unobtainable after it's been hidden.

To restore the Yoke 

Click on the base at the floor. just below where it says Ca.

Thanks for the replies. Yeah I noticed most of the power was in the 85% to 100% N1.

Still, at FL320 I have 95.5% N1 and am only managing 334 knts TAS and 730 lbs/hr. 

The N1 setting guide gives CRU at 96.7% and CLM at 94.6%. Strange that it wants more power for cruise than climb.

I have really bad FPS too, I've heard others have great frame rates. I might try a reinstall.

This plane wants to fly high and at full power. I seldom make any thrust reduction. I never did like the sounds of the 'Overspeed nag'. At FL310 up you should be able to get 416 kts TAS. We only have charts for the odd number Flight Levels.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

So has anyone fixed the CarNavigraph.dll problem?

I don't think so. If if affects your FPS and you delete it, you are pretty much committed to flying without Navaigraph and the FMS. Many folks opt for the GTN750 instead so it is not a problem for them.

Regards,

Ray

I don't think so. If if affects your FPS and you delete it, you are pretty much committed to flying without Navaigraph and the FMS. Many folks opt for the GTN750 instead so it is not a problem for them.

Regards,

Ray

I'm on the fence with that one.... using a 3rd party FMS. Is there any issues with the AP when using it? Do you have to have the FMS up during flight? I am accustomed to flying in the virtual cockpit, so I hate bring up extra windows just to see where I am going... 

Overall, I think it defeats the purpose of buying a product, then buying the fix for it...

Rodney E. Jacobs

I'm on the fence with that one.... using a 3rd party FMS. Is there any issues with the AP when using it? Do you have to have the FMS up during flight? I am accustomed to flying in the virtual cockpit, so I hate bring up extra windows just to see where I am going... 

Overall, I think it defeats the purpose of buying a product, then buying the fix for it...

Yes, some folks object to adding addons to add ons, no matter how functional they may be. Of course, you can fly with the GTN750 mounted in the VC and never popup it up if you like. The screen size is much larger than the text screen of an FMS. Oh btw, it is not a 3d party FMS. It has moving maps, taxi charts, maps and charts for major parts of the world, thousands of approaches, including arrivals and departures, a direct to feature that really works and a Nav/Com and transponder built in. It also has terrain warnings and traffic.

Regards,

Ray

Yes, some folks object to adding addons to add ons, no matter how functional they may be. Of course, you can fly with the GTN750 mounted in the VC and never popup it up if you like. The screen size is much larger than the text screen of an FMS. Oh btw, it is not a 3d party FMS. It has moving maps, taxi charts, maps and charts for major parts of the world, thousands of approaches, including arrivals and departures, a direct to feature that really works and a Nav/Com and transponder built in. It also has terrain warnings and traffic.

Regards,

Ray

Regards,

Ray

It's a $50.00 add-on! Lol

For that price, I would love to take my chances on the Phenom 300 (I have the 100) or the H850XP... at least I will have an aircraft instead of an add-on at that price.... but from what I see, any of those that have a Navigraph system in them have issues.

Its disappointing to see Carenado drop the ball over something like this without some kind of fix for it.

Rodney E. Jacobs

Can someone tell me how to go direct to a fix on the flightplan from present position rather than joining the route as filed point to point? It seems if I am flying direct from VOR A to VOR B, but I want to skip VOR B and go direct to VOR C, it will not go straight there from present position?

Can someone tell me how to go direct to a fix on the flightplan from present position rather than joining the route as filed point to point? It seems if I am flying direct from VOR A to VOR B, but I want to skip VOR B and go direct to VOR C, it will not go straight there from present position?

Theres some trick to get it to work but you will have to search forum - Jim figured it out but not sure where posting is as I am not at home

Rich Sennett

Hi Folks,

Since the plane want to intercept a point between two waypoints - Jim recommended inserting a duplicate waypoint - it will guide the plane to the waypoint because the midpoint length between dups is 0... The only drawback - is the CDI won't behave normally on a zero length leg... It will correct itself once passed the dups...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I think I have figured it out however, my FMS DTK is way off. It doesn't make any sense the number it is giving me is 90 degrees or more off of my present track to the next fix most of the time. Is there a fix for that? The magenta line is right on, but not the green line and DTK track.

This particularly happens when going direct to a flight or different fix mid flight.

Hello folks,

i have a problem with the performance of my CJ2 any idea what the problem is? The IAS is to low i thing for this performance of ~67% N1

cj8r5cd2.jpg

i have a problem with the performance of my CJ2 any idea what the problem is? The IAS is to low i thing for this performance of ~67% N1

Hello

From our good friend Ray Marshal

Our CJ2 Williams-Rolls engines are designed for Wide Open Throttle applications (WOT) or let's just call it FULL THRUST for high speed cruise performance. If you can get the full 100% (102.4% N1 RPM) then that is the goal.

Have a look here.

CJ2 v1.1 performance is near book perfect - FL450 400kts 672 lb/hr.

See the tables.

Cheers.